No Fallout 3 at E3 2006

karka

As is Llyarnor.  I bet, if the writing is good, he'll have no problems buying it, Oblivion, or many other games he's poked fun at during development.

Pretty much. Something I'm not expecting or looking forward to, though, given Bethesda's track record (and from everything I've seen and read about Oblivion so far, the writing hasn't improved). If they somehow managed to magically rectify that, I'll eat my hat. Again, though, I'm not even remotely holding my breath.

RT vs TB, perspective, all irrelevant. I don't even care if it's 'Fallout' or not.

Heck, Fable and Dungeon Siege are complete drivel, but if somehow their sequels suddenly start feature good storytelling/roleplaying, I'll play them.

My prejudice is against stupid games.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

So says the Bethesda fanatic.

Actually, he's completely right. With the name Fallout 3, that thing, regardless of its quality, is a major cash cow.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Last I checked, there's a FO3 in development.  I guess it isn't dead :rolleyes:

I said "AS WE KNEW IT" was dead. Get the WHOLE quote next time.

FO3 will not be the same feel, mood or play style as FO 1/2/FO:T

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Guess we know what categorisation you come under ... :rolleyes:"

I couldnt care less about FO personally either way. I am simply stating they are going to gut, more or less, and re-image it. Is that a good or bad thing we will have to wait and see.

You seem to think I am one one 'side' or the other FO wise, and that would be a incorrect assumption on your part.

I am simply making the observation with new devs FO will be much different then then vision of the past.

For myself, I am pretty much all burned out with fallout and all the whining about it for the past several years. Even if Obsidian did it it can NEVER acheive the expectations of the now rabid and carzed fans. Hell, if Tim Cain came back and did it you'd still have a ton of ppl crying 'its not real fallout, you screwed it up!'.

Feargus hit the nail on the head when he said he was glad Obsidian isnt doing FO3 as there is NO possible way to please the fans. They will cry about it no matter who does it or what the end result will be. And I agree.

Its a lost cause, and I have better things to worry about PC gaming wise then fallout, or lack of.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I couldnt care less about FO personally either way. I am simply stating they are going to gut, more or less, and re-image it. Is that a good or bad thing we will have to wait and see.

You seem to think I am one one 'side' or the other FO wise, and that would be a incorrect assumption on your part.

I am simply making the observation with new devs FO will be much different then then vision of the past.

For myself, I am pretty much all burned out with fallout and all the whining about it for the past several years. Even if Obsidian did it it can NEVER acheive the expectations of the now rabid and carzed fans. Hell, if Tim Cain came back and did it you'd still have a ton of ppl crying 'its not real fallout, you screwed it up!'.

Feargus hit the nail on the head when he said he was glad Obsidian isnt doing FO3 as there is NO possible way to please the fans. They will cry about it no matter who does it or what the end result will be. And I agree.

Its a lost cause, and I have better things to worry about PC gaming wise then fallout, or lack of.

If Obsidian was doing it, it would please me immensely.

Sucks having no life?  :rolleyes:"

Back on topic, F3 needs to RIP and never see teh light of day. Fallout series is dead and buried. Leave the corpse alone.

*Insert witty remark involving Bethesda and necrophilia.*

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Even if Obsidian did it it can NEVER ach[ie]ve the expectations of the now rabid and c[ra]zed fans. ...

It[']s a lost cause, and I have better things to worry about PC gaming wise then fallout, or lack [there]of.

Who said that ANY of that matters a jot?

If the game is good, I'll buy it. End of story.

A little secret: I haven't even played Fallout. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If Obsidian was doing it, it would please me immensely.

Actually, Bethesda will be making FO3.

http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_071204.htm

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)