FPS News - Red Orchestra: Ostfront

Llyranor

• 3 weeks later...
Game preordered and preloaded ^_^

lol Oblivion suxxorz

lol Dungeons & Dragons: Online tagline roxxorz

oh look it's a new shiny FPS with graphix!!1 it's in WW2!!1!1one awesomerzzz!!112421

LOL IRONY

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Go go education!

"Instead of being just another FPS, this game is focused on realism, based on the Russian front of WW2, a side that's not often the main focus in games."

That's almost as good as soil erosion, isn't it?

Go go self insight!

Game preordered and preloaded ^_^

lol Oblivion suxxorz

lol Dungeons & Dragons: Online tagline roxxorz

oh look it's a new shiny FPS with graphix!!1 it's in WW2!!1!1one awesomerzzz!!112421

LOL IRONY

Red Orchestra is a solid experience. I don't blame him for preordering it. It's not like he just picked up any FPS, but a high quality one based on a previous experience with a mod that it's based on.

Red Orchestra is a solid experience.

Yes, because if you remove the cross-hair, you immediately get a true-to-life simulation of the events that took place on the eastern front in World War 2.

The amount of hypocrisy is staggering.

Go go soil erosion.

The winner of the 'Make Something Unreal' 1-million buck mod contest, Red Orchestra, is now being made into a full retail game, using the Unreal 2.5 engine. Instead of being just another FPS, this game is focused on realism, based on the Russian front of WW2, a side that's not often the main focus in games.

I've been itching for a realistic FPS, and have been holding out for Armed Assault, but after reading this interview http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....1901.19923.htm this game now seems very tempting. I'll probably wait out for the demo first, though.

The game is available for preload on Steam (http://www.steampowered.com), and can be preordered. Digital pricing is around 25$, with 10% off if you preorder. The demo will probably be after the game is released in March. Tripwire (the dev team) also has a deal to have the game appear in retail.

I definitely recommend reading that interview.

Official site: http://www.redorchestragame.com --> this also includes a trailer. Watch it and judge for yourself.

Cool, do we get to re-enact history by raping 100,000 Berlin women at the end of it? How about the other 1.9 million during the 6 months before that?

Can't wait to play a game that sims the Russian front, they were such a great bunch.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Yes, because if you remove the cross-hair, you immediately get a true-to-life simulation of the events that took place on the eastern front in World War 2.

Go go soil erosion.

I'd much rather have the realism in a quicker shooter game. The realism in Red Orchestra adds to the game. I agree with his sentiments that the hours of walking didn't really add to Morrowind.

I'll say it again, Red Orchestra is a solid experience.

Go go soil erosion.

Perhaps you should read up on it a little more... It's offering much more then that.

Also, what is your problem with the game? You sound really angry... :thumbsup:

Actually, yes. The Soviet use barium salts in their tracers, which give it its green properties. The reason it looks like 'lasers' in footage is because of the framerate it was filmed at.

Random fact: the reason Imperials used green crap and Rebels used red crap in SW was because Americans used red tracers. Go go political statement!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yay. Another FPS. Yaaaay.

Now who's being prejudiced? This isnt just another boring Call of Dutylike WW2 shooter. Its something in the line of good old "Operation flashpoint" which was a damn good game.

Id rather play agood FPS than another boring attempt at a pesudo-RPG *cough* oblivion! *cough*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Id rather play agood FPS than another boring attempt at a pesudo-RPG *cough* oblivion! *cough*

So.. Red Orchestra is good and Oblivion is a boring pseudo-RPG. Ok, we got that.

Now please share with the world when and where you were able to play these two unreleased titles, little hypocrite? :(