roshan

24 used to be really good but now its just getting retarded.

Earlier on in this season, the president was getting freaked out with just 1 or 2 people dying because of the government, saying he wont accept the deaths of innocent people, and now he just authorizes the deaths of a thousand people?

Some white guy just pops out of nowhere and tells the terrorists how to use the canister? (and no explanation is given about who the hell he is, how he knows the terrorists, how he knew how to contact them, how he knows how to arm us government nerve gas canisters)

Jack has saved america a thousand times and the terrorists still dont know who he is?

This is ridiculous. Season 1 and 2 were amazing but since then the series has gone insane.

Edited by roshan

Computer and Console...?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You might just make full time hero soon.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

At the beginning it was ridiculous when tony and michelle were going to ctu to offer their help. Just because they used to run the place means they can just randomly walk in whenever they feel like it and do whatever they want even though they are already civilians?

Theres ****ing NERVE GAS in the air, and jack TAKES OFF his mask, puts it on a child who has already been exposed, runs out with her and saves her from the brink of death? WTF? How do you save someone who has breathed in nerve gas? The mask removed the gas from her lungs/bloodstream? And jack doesnt die despite removing his mask in a room with nerve gas in it? (gas that supposedly has a radius of several miles)

Whoever wrote this season of 24 must be a complete moron to come up with such ridiculous and retarded scenes.

At the beginning it was ridiculous when tony and michelle were going to ctu to offer their help. Just because they used to run the place means they can just randomly walk in whenever they feel like it and do whatever they want even though they are already civilians?

Theres ****ing NERVE GAS in the air, and jack TAKES OFF his mask, puts it on a child who has already been exposed, runs out with her and saves her from the brink of death? WTF? How do you save someone who has breathed in nerve gas? The mask removed the gas from her lungs/bloodstream? And jack doesnt die despite removing his mask in a room with nerve gas in it? (gas that supposedly has a radius of several miles)

Whoever wrote this season of 24 must be a complete moron to come up with such ridiculous and retarded scenes.

Only a small bit of gas got out, not the entire canister. And gas DOES dissipate in air. That, and they gave the girl a shot of...something, can't remember what it was...to counteract the nerve agent. Oh, and Jack didn't breath in the mall 'till he got out. >_<

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Only a small bit of gas got out, not the entire canister. And gas DOES dissipate in air. That, and they gave the girl a shot of...something, can't remember what it was...to counteract the nerve agent. Oh, and Jack didn't breath in the mall 'till he got out. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve_gas

Nerve agents can be absorbed through the skin, requiring that those likely to be subjected to such agents wear a full body suit in addition to a respirator.

If this stuff is dangerous even when it contacts the skin, is jack running around the shopping mall carrying a child and wearing no mask(much less a full body suit) plausible? Jack used to be a normal guy now theyve turned him into some sort of superman with incredible powers.

If this stuff is dangerous even when it contacts the skin, is jack running around the shopping mall carrying a child and wearing no mask(much less a full body suit) plausible? Jack used to be a normal guy now theyve turned him into some sort of superman with incredible powers.

He is:

Jack Bauer, codename Jackhammer.

Belongs to super crime fighting team called CTU.

Special Power: Pounds evil terrorists into submission.

Weakness: Power only works once a year for 24 hours.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you don't like the show any more, stop watching it.

Furthermore, it sounds like the Nerve Gas used in the show (Sentox) is actually made up, so they can have it do whatever they want it to do.

As for how you save someone that has breathed in nerve gas, you inject her with atropine, which is exactly what they did. And also what YOUR link to Wiki mentioned as a cure :p

The whole 24 series has always been a stretch. Clearly this is a type of nerve gas that needs to be inhaled to be deadly. Given that 99.9% of the people in the world have no idea what most nerve gases are actually like, it's a moot point. Furthermore, there's no indication that Jack was not holding his breath when he took the mask off.

As for the President bouncing around on his decisions.....welcome to Logan. The whole point that went over your head is that he is a piss poor leader, and doesn't want to make the big decisions. He tried to pass the decisions off on to CTU for the nerve gas release, and he screams about any bad thing that might go wrong. He is a crap president, who cares more about his legacy and presidency and really isn't fit to run the country. The only reason why he became president is because the other one was incapacitated in the previous season. To reiterate, Logan is making moronic decisions because he is a moron.

Edited by alanschu

If you don't like the show any more, stop watching it.

Furthermore, it sounds like the Nerve Gas used in the show (Sentox) is actually made up, so they can have it do whatever they want it to do.

As for how you save someone that has breathed in nerve gas, you inject her with atropine, which is exactly what they did.  And also what YOUR link to Wiki mentioned as a cure :wacko:

The whole 24 series has always been a stretch.  Clearly this is a type of nerve gas that needs to be inhaled to be deadly.  Given that 99.9% of the people in the world have no idea what most nerve gases are actually like, it's a moot point.  Furthermore, there's no indication that Jack was not holding his breath when he took the mask off.

As for the President bouncing around on his decisions.....welcome to Logan.  The whole point that went over your head is that he is a piss poor leader, and doesn't want to make the big decisions.  He tried to pass the decisions off on to CTU for the nerve gas release, and he screams about any bad thing that might go wrong.  He is a crap president, who cares more about his legacy and presidency and really isn't fit to run the country.  The only reason why he became president is because the other one was incapacitated in the previous season.  To reiterate, Logan is making moronic decisions because he is a moron.

The point is that there is an inconsistency in logans character. Early on he is shown as being unnable to understand that sometimes the lives of a few people need to be sacrificed, later on he condemns 900 people easily.

The nerve agent shown in 24 is one of the deadliest ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX

Often regarded as the deadliest nerve agent created to date, as little as 200 micrograms is enough to kill an average person, depending on method of absorption.

But youre right, injection immediately after exposure can save a life. But I still think jacks actions taking off the mask and exposing himself is just a bunch of retardedness. Its way too cheesy.

I don't recall it being called VX gas, but rather Sentox. If it IS VX gas, then the mask is irrelevant and is no more cheesy than him thinking the mask will work. Considering casualties are limited to probably around 10, it's clear that an exceptionally small amount of the gas is actually in the area. Especially if it's VX (which I don't recall it ever being said it is).

Logan's character is inconsistent because he is inconsistent. It's the whole point of his character. I learned this by watching him "deal" with the situation in the previous season.

Edited by alanschu

Yeah, I'm not sure what the name is. I'm fairly certain it was just made up though. I guess Syntox works as well :shifty:

I think it'd be risky to use VX, especially in the manner that they are using it in, as VX was used in The Rock, so some people would already have some sort of idea on how it works.

Yeah, that one was the biggest what if. He did answer it with just a "yeah" and if Erwick had his mind elsewhere, it's probably not too big of a stretch to assume that he didn't think much about it. He was obviously expecting Rossler to pick it up.

It's the biggest concern I had this season as well. But isn't wholly unreasonable IMO. It isn't like they had a full on conversation :-

Yeah, that one was the biggest what if.  He did answer it with just a "yeah" and if Erwick had his mind elsewhere, it's probably not too big of a stretch to assume that he didn't think much about it.  He was obviously expecting Rossler to pick it up.

It's the biggest concern I had this season as well.  But isn't wholly unreasonable IMO.  It isn't like they had a full on conversation :-

Yeah it is nothing, I foresaw it at the end of the previous episode but I imagined the solution might be for Jack to put on a voice and then when Erwick asks why he sounds different Jack would say he has a cold...

I don't recall it being called VX gas, but rather Sentox.  If it IS VX gas, then the mask is irrelevant and is no more cheesy than him thinking the mask will work.  Considering casualties are limited to probably around 10, it's clear that an exceptionally small amount of the gas is actually in the area.  Especially if it's VX (which I don't recall it ever being said it is). 

Logan's character is inconsistent because he is inconsistent.  It's the whole point of his character.  I learned this by watching him "deal" with the situation in the previous season.

In popular culture

A fictional variant of VX was featured in the 1996 action movie The Rock. For dramatic effect, the movie exaggerated the effects of VX upon its victims, causing the victim's skin to liquefy.

VX was featured in the British television series "Spooks" as part of a simulated attack on the centre of London.

In 1988, the industrial band Skinny Puppy released VX Gas Attack, a song about Iraq's alleged use of VX and other chemical weapons against Iran during the Iran Iraq War.

In the computer game Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Terrorists attempted to kill thousands of people in serveral missions of the game using VX nerve gas as a poison in exported meat products.

In the 5th season of the Fox series 24, Russian separatists threaten to use a variant of VX called "CentoxVX" on the United States after being betrayed by high level government agents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX

Edited by roshan

So it's a variant of VX then? In other words it's made up?

Thanks, you did all my work for me.

EDIT: Try Googling CentoxVX for information on the nerve gas agent used in 24.

Here's a list of what I found:

Edited by alanschu