YOUR CHARACTER

DGwar

One of my favourite characters was a 3.5ed Dnd one that used the "mystic" class from Dragonlance. He was a ranger/mystic/dragonslayer/dragonstalker - a couple of classes too many for my liking, but that's 3ed DnD for you. He started out being a 'slayer, but then decided that stalking dragons was easier and better for him after almost being completely and utterly pnwed by a young dragon.

He was a elf, half dragon - though the last was not my choice. The DM had me take the half dragon template, since it tied into the plot. The character's mother was an NPC silver, and had a history with a red wyrm who killed my character's father somewhere in his past. Anyway, after the red wyrm tried to kill him, my character basically decided 'I've had enough' - and became a dragon slayer, much to his mother's annoyance. He was an interesting character to play.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

forum RPG's in my experience never last long or end long . . . which is dissappointing.

how do you have a half-dragon character????  don't dragons lay eggs......

Dragon takes humanoid form. Dragon mates with humanoid. Dragon stays in humanoid form long enough to carry and give birth to spawn. Half Dragon is the result. :o

It's fantasy, sometimes its best to ignore reality and not dwell on such thoughts too much.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Some sharks give birth, some have eggs. Maybe some dragons give birth to live young? :o

It is entirely possible that a shape-changed creature is infirtile in altered state.

Don't mention the Dragonlance.

Lost my mid level mage there. (Chaotic Neutral). Coruscate was his name. Loved fire. Fireballs always ready ... pity about that mated pair of dragons that the party thought was only one dragon ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Some sharks give birth, some have eggs. Maybe some dragons give birth to live young? >_<

It is entirely possible that a shape-changed creature is infirtile in altered state.

Don't mention the Dragonlance.

Lost my mid level mage there. (Chaotic Neutral). Coruscate was his name. Loved fire. Fireballs always ready ... pity about that mated pair of dragons that the party thought was only one dragon ...

Hmm, its possible. I don't know. I don't want to go there, really. And... aww, that sucks. Didn't he get ressed?

WTF??? wow..... i don't even know what to say.

Just nod and try not to think about it too much :(

It's okay, though, because my assassin was wounded and outside, and is hence wandering around ready to backstab anyone for a cause (LE) ... he didn't really like all those goodie-two-shoes in the party, anyway ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm...this thread is half-serious, so I am now too half-serious :p

Fallen Demon, follower of Lathander...

...AND really: I love to play something hard and challenging:

like:

a dwarf on sea

a gnome in high grass

an elf in an orcish town

an alcoholic barbarian between dry wizards

high charisma noble between amazons

evil druid in town

half-dragon in same party as a dragonhunter

a goblin

...these are just some examples, more than half of them drastical :D

IB1OsQq.png

half-dragon and dragonhunter... that would sound very complicated. but fun.

No, that sounds cliched. Like a half-demon demonhunter (*cough* dante *cough*), or a half-vampire vampire hunter (*cough* blade *cough*). Throw in lots of angst about how the hero is conflicted about his "true inner nature" vs. his moral motivations for hunting the creatures of his own blood, put in some archenemy who is basically the exact same as him in terms of abilities, but who takes the opposite philosophy and chooses to embrace his monstrous heritage, put in a conflict involving the hero's family (there is *inevitably* going to be some conflict in this area).

Not complicated. Not fun. Done to death.

No, that sounds cliched. Like a half-demon demonhunter (*cough* dante *cough*), or a half-vampire vampire hunter (*cough* blade *cough*). Throw in lots of angst about how the hero is conflicted about his "true inner nature" vs. his moral motivations for hunting the creatures of his own blood, put in some archenemy who is basically the exact same as him in terms of abilities, but who takes the opposite philosophy and chooses to embrace his monstrous heritage, put in a conflict involving the hero's family (there is *inevitably* going to be some conflict in this area).

I played one. It was quite fun, actually. :ph34r:

Except, I didn't bother with any of the inner conflict. He wanted revenge plain and simple. There was angst, but only because a human and he fell in love. Sort of.

Name: Rodrigo

Game: RIFTS

Rodrigo was my longest PnP character. He was basically a great shot and he had some excellent gear. He was outfitted completely with some alien tech (Narubi?) but I can't remember the name because it's been years since I played RIFTS. He had a plasma rifle, stealth armor, a jet pack, and always a briefcase sized bomb in case it got hairy. Against large creatures like Gargoyles he would zoom in, place a charge, and zoom away like a gnat. He also got pretty good with his plasma sword. I think I was level 10 before our group broke up.

I played one. It was quite fun, actually. :ph34r:

Except, I didn't bother with any of the inner conflict. He wanted revenge plain and simple. There was angst, but only because a human and he fell in love. Sort of.

Nope, you all don't understand: They are in the same adventuring party, but are NOT the same person! :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

Nope, you all don't understand: They are in the same adventuring party, but are NOT the same person:shifty:

Well, that happened too...

:ermm:

No, not a half-dragon dragonhunter, half-dragon in the same party as a dragon hunter.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT