Favorite Sports Game

Volourn

Mine has gotta be MVP Baseball 2005.

I'm on my 5th season in this game. Most sports games last me 2-3 seasons at most; but this one seems to be unending.

It has its share of faults (being given errors on obvious hits as one exmaple); but overall it's awesome.

This game has everything. Great options to make the experience as 'realistic' as possible including controlling power numbers, contact, stirkeout ratio, errors in the field, speed, and so on.

Lots of statistics are covered, and kept tracked off. Game play is suually reaosnable.

I love this game, and wanna marry it. :rolleyes:

It's quickly becoming my 2nd favorite game behind.......... a certain evil game.

So, what is your favorite sports game?

Or whine if you are a hateful anti sports person. ;)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to say NHL 1999 for the PSone is my all time favorite. I'd quit playing hockey games since the '92 version came out for the Genesis. This one hooked me from the getgo.

I also really dug Fight Night Round 2. I like it more than Punchout. BOdy blow!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

NBA Jam

Mutant League Football

Madden '99

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Even thoguh, to me, (pro) wrestling isn't a sport as far as video games go; i count them as sports games. So yeah, they count. :)

Heck, as far as video games go, I count golf and nascar racing as sports. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to say NHL 1999 for the PSone is my all time favorite.  I'd quit playing hockey games since the '92 version came out for the Genesis.  This one hooked me from the getgo.

I also really dug Fight Night Round 2.  I like it more than Punchout.  BOdy blow!!

If you'd quit playing hockey games since the '92 version came out, I wonder if you can really claim that you ever started playing them :D

I haven't played too many sports game unfortunately. The most recent one that offered a good challenge with decent playlength was probably Tiger Woods (I can't remember the year...2004 I think).

NHL 06 is ok, but as always it gets to a point where I find it too easy to score.

An older one that I really enjoyed was 4D-Boxing.

If you'd quit playing hockey games since the '92 version came out, I wonder if you can really claim that you ever started playing them :D

I quit playing them because I was owned. Brutally. Every time. Without fail. I could beat the computer, but not my friends.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The last sports game I played was some baseball game on the PS1.. I can't recall the name..

Anyhow, I was moderately into the sports genre back in the 16 bit days.. And as everyone knows, the Genny had the best sports games. :)

I heard someone say NBA Jam... That was a lot of fun.

I also loved Sports Talk Baseball, John Madden and the NHL Hockey games.

"Evander Holyfield Boxing" was probably the best boxing game back in those days, although i have a soft spot for the original "Punch Out!" on the NES

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

I quit playing them because I was owned. Brutally. Every time. Without fail. I could beat the computer, but not my friends.

I guess I'm being a bit too narrow, but I suppose this means you could very well have played some old classics like Blades of Steel and whatnot.

I'm just so used to considering the first NHL Hockey game (the '92 one) as the "originator" since it pretty much started the trend of annual hockey games.

Tekken  :cool:

Oh yes!! I challenge you all! Who is your favourite character? which is your favourite tekken?

EDIT: excitement causes errors. :">

Fav game: Tekken 3 So far, I haven't picked up 5 yet though.

Fav character: Anna Williams.

I like countering people and then slapping them down (w00t)

You know Alan if you say 92 was the first year it became annual I must be mistaken. It must have been 94 that I hung up my skates. High school seems so long ago....

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif