The economic state of Kazakhstan

Llyranor

Kazakbanned

Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen's satirical Karaz character, has been engulfed in a PR ruckus after jis recent comments.

"Karakhstan is as civilized as any other country in the world. Women can now travel on inside of bus", he claimed. The Kazak government immediately pulled the plug on Borat's .kz website. "He can go do whatever he wants at other domains," muttered Nurlan Isin, President of the Association of Kazakh IT Companies.

"I have no connection to Mr Cohen whatsoever, and I fully support my government's position to sue this Jew," announced the commedian, inn character as Borat, about himself.

PC Format, issue 184, February 2006

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Kazakhstan is doing a horrible job. I mean, in 1999, a group of terrorists managed to steal a nuclear warhead right out from under their noses! I mean, what the hell is wrong with these people. They wouldn't have even known it was happening if it wasn't for good old James. I mean, it's lucky for them that he chased the terrorists down and stopped them from blowing up the nuclear submarine in the Caspean Sea. It's no surprise really though, because James Bond always gets his man!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, I blame her too...

For being too damn sexy!

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

Edited by thepixiesrock

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Call me shallow and narrowminded, but I can't say I've given much thought to the economic state of Khazikhstan.

.. or to the correct spelling? :o"

Yeah, I figure if I just toss in a few extra H's I'd be close enough.

Though it is right there on my title bar, so no TOMBS points for me.

I see what you mean about the high unemployment, and how this sector must be integrated economically or unrest will follow like rain following stormclouds. But at the same time, the engine of integration will have to be the successful exploitation of the oil gas and mineral wealth. Without that money and core employment the government won't be able to do much.

PS Denise Richards and an inflatable liferaft are about the same level. The real James Bond would never have gone for her.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this given how the economic state of Kazakhstan remains an important current topic.

http://www.rbcnews.com/free/20060324141922.shtml

RBC, 24.03.2006, Moscow 14:19:22.Russian Industry and Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko met with Kazakh Deputy Prime Minister Karim Masimov to discuss bilateral cooperation, including with regard to the formation of the Common Economic Space (CES), the Industry and Energy Ministry's press service reported.

Khristenko noted the rising pace of integration of the countries, and the solidarity in opinions on many matters. The officials considered cooperation in the sphere of electric energy, motor, and high-tech industries. They also discussed preparation for Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev's upcoming visit to Moscow.

Groundbreaking!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Llyranor for CEO!

They better watch how they move. China and Russia both eyeing them greedily.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 1 year later...
So, how about that economy, heh?

Economy - overview:

Kazakhstan, the largest of the former Soviet republics in territory, excluding Russia, possesses enormous fossil fuel reserves and plentiful supplies of other minerals and metals. It also has a large agricultural sector featuring livestock and grain. Kazakhstan's industrial sector rests on the extraction and processing of these natural resources and also on a growing machine-building sector specializing in construction equipment, tractors, agricultural machinery, and some defense items. The breakup of the USSR in December 1991 and the collapse in demand for Kazakhstan's traditional heavy industry products resulted in a short-term contraction of the economy, with the steepest annual decline occurring in 1994. In 1995-97, the pace of the government program of economic reform and privatization quickened, resulting in a substantial shifting of assets into the private sector. Kazakhstan enjoyed double-digit growth in 2000-01 - 8% or more per year in 2002-07 - thanks largely to its booming energy sector, but also to economic reform, good harvests, and foreign investment. The opening of the Caspian Consortium pipeline in 2001, from western Kazakhstan's Tengiz oilfield to the Black Sea, substantially raised export capacity. Kazakhstan in 2006 completed the Atasu-Alashankou portion of an oil pipeline to China that is planned to extend from the country's Caspian coast eastward to the Chinese border in future construction. The country has embarked upon an industrial policy designed to diversify the economy away from overdependence on the oil sector by developing light industry. The policy aims to reduce the influence of foreign investment and foreign personnel. The government has engaged in several disputes with foreign oil companies over the terms of production agreements; tensions continue. Upward pressure on the local currency continued in 2007 due to massive oil-related foreign-exchange inflows. Aided by strong growth and foreign exchange earnings, Kazakhstan aspires to become a regional financial center and has created a banking system comparable to those in Central Europe.

GDP (purchasing power parity): $170.3 billion (2007 est.)

GDP (official exchange rate): $95.47 billion (2007 est.)

GDP - real growth rate: 9.5% (2007 est.)

GDP - per capita (PPP): $11,100 (2007 est.)

GDP - composition by sector: agriculture: 5.7%

industry: 39.5%

services: 54.8% (2007 est.)

Labor force: 8.156 million (2007 est.)

Labor force - by occupation:

agriculture: 20%

industry: 30%

services: 50% (2002 est.)

Unemployment rate: 7.1% (2007 est.)

Population below poverty line: 19% (2004 est.)

Household income or consumption by percentage share:

lowest 10%: 3.3%

highest 10%: 26.5% (2004 est.)

Distribution of family income - Gini index: 33.9 (2003)

Inflation rate (consumer prices): 9.5% (2007 est.)

Investment (gross fixed): 30.1% of GDP (2007 est.)

Budget:

revenues: $21.49 billion

expenditures: $22.31 billion (2007 est.)

Public debt: 11.8% of GDP (2007 est.)

Agriculture - products: grain (mostly spring wheat), cotton; livestock

Industries:

oil, coal, iron ore, manganese, chromite, lead, zinc, copper, titanium, bauxite, gold, silver, phosphates, sulfur, iron and steel; tractors and other agricultural machinery, electric motors, construction materials

Industrial production growth rate: 7.1% (2007 est.)

Electricity - production: 64.23 billion kWh (2005 est.)

Electricity - consumption: 57.99 billion kWh (2005 est.)

Electricity - exports: 3.978 billion kWh (2005)

Electricity - imports: 4.552 billion kWh (2005)

Oil - production: 1.338 million bbl/day (2005 est.)

Oil - consumption: 234,000 bbl/day (2005 est.)

Oil - exports: 1 million bbl/day (2005 est.)

Oil - imports: 113,600 bbl/day (2004)

Oil - proved reserves: 9 billion bbl (1 January 2006 est.)

Natural gas - production: 25.39 billion cu m (2005 est.)

Natural gas - consumption: 29.2 billion cu m (2005 est.)

Natural gas - exports: 7.269 billion cu m (2005 est.)

Natural gas - imports: 11.09 billion cu m (2005)

Natural gas - proved reserves: 1.765 trillion cu m (1 January 2006 est.)

Current account balance: $-4.643 billion (2007 est.)

Exports: $44.88 billion f.o.b. (2007 est.)

Exports - commodities: oil and oil products 58%, ferrous metals 24%, chemicals 5%, machinery 3%, grain, wool, meat, coal (2001)

Exports - partners: Germany 12.4%, Russia 11.6%, China 10.9%, Italy 10.5%, France 7.6%, Romania 4.9% (2006)

Imports: $29.91 billion f.o.b. (2007 est.)

Imports - commodities: machinery and equipment 41%, metal products 28%, foodstuffs 8% (2001)

Imports - partners: Russia 36.4%, China 19.3%, Germany 7.4% (2006)

Economic aid - recipient: $229.2 million (2005)

Reserves of foreign exchange and gold: $19.25 billion (31 December 2007 est.)

Debt - external: $92.08 billion (30 June 2007)

Stock of direct foreign investment - at home: $29.82 billion (2006 est.)

Stock of direct foreign investment - abroad: $2.374 billion (2006 est.)

Market value of publicly traded shares: $10.52 billion (2005)

Currency (code): tenge (KZT)

Exchange rates: tenge per US dollar - 122.39 (2007), 126.09 (2006), 132.88 (2005), 136.04 (2004), 149.58 (2003)

Fiscal year: calendar year

Overall, not so bad as some other countries...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect
Is this a Borat related joke? Kazakistan?! Well how about the economic state of Iceland, Nepal, and Yemen while you're at it!

How about the economic state of your face.

:ban:

Edit: To reduce too many spaces that shouldn't have been in the first place between ^ and my sig...

Edited by The Architect

walkerguy's face became a sovereign nation in 1856. The economy first based on manufacturing mineral products and mining gemstones, it gradeually switched to processing steel and copper, as well as light indusrty. In 1896, the economy collapsed with the Walkir scandal. Principal agriculture product is pecans, grapes, and oranges. Mining since 1990 has been only coal and plutonium deposits. The federal republic in 1996 surpassed most of europe to rank 15th best economic power. The GNP in 2007 was enough to support nearly a third of the US. Minimum wage is 2 walkers ($10.00 US) and benifits include dental and paid vacation. Tourism in walkerguys face includes the eyes as well as chin city. The toxic wasted dump in Nostrils is improving as well as recovery from the oil spill in the ear sector. The economy had a slight recession in the 1970s but has a growth of 2.3% today. Economists say the face nation is good and well.

Source: nick_i_am's Your Face Today Magazine

http://www.nickiam/yourface.com/

Twitter | @Insevin

Is this a Borat related joke? Kazakistan?! Well how about the economic state of Iceland, Nepal, and Yemen while you're at it!

:ban:

Edit: To reduce too many spaces that shouldn't have been in the first place between ^ and my sig...

What the hell was that?

Twitter | @Insevin

Guest The Architect

When I posted there was about a dozen spaces from what I posted, which was that: :o, to my signature. I don't know why that was because the scrolling bar on the right of the posting box wasn't even there and when that's not, there shouldn't be that many spaces from where your post ends to where your signature begins. Understand?

Edited by The Architect

:o

What the hell was that?

What the hell was that?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)