Star Wars Cantina

Jorian Drake

Try Farhenheit/Indigo Prophecy. VERY good adventure game.

I know. But even Fahrenheit isn't that good as the old adventures, and also not anywhere near as funny (seems logical..., but still a good dose of humor is always a + in adventures)

You're thinking of Space Quest, Leasure Suit Larry, Monkey Island?

I know. But even Fahrenheit isn't that good as the old adventures, and also not anywhere near as funny (seems logical..., but still a good dose of humor is always a + in adventures)

Don't forget Indiana Jones games!!! (w00t)

IB1OsQq.png

Don't forget Indiana Jones games!!! (w00t)

Last Indiana Jones game I played was on Atari 2600. Maybe Coleco I can't remember.

Yup.

For all these games (BG, Freelancer, Fahrenheit) they had to implent some new things not seen before that to get the "casual gamer" to play it

Freelancer had it's mouse instead of joystick

Baldur's Gate the Real-time combat with possibility to pause

Fahrenheit the action sequences (and fit for consoles, that had been done before, but never with an as good result as Fahrenheit)

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Astr0creep. I wasn't trying to say it's a bad thing to be too young. I just meant that most people under a certain age would not be exposed to some of the classic games. Personally I'm too young as an RPG player to remember the early Ultima, Wizardry, and Bards Tale. I take everyones word that they were good, but I'm not going to go back and play them.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Astr0creep.  I wasn't trying to say it's a bad thing to be too young.  I just meant that most people under a certain age would not be exposed to some of the classic games.  Personally I'm too young as an RPG player to remember the early Ultima, Wizardry, and Bards Tale.  I take everyones word that they were good, but I'm not going to go back and play them.

Why not? Home of the Underdogs and other abandomware sites have all the classics(most are free, some must be bought) you could ever hope for and all the tools to run them on our super gaming machines.

Unless graphic quality is a major thing for you, I would strongly suggest trying a few, if only for the history lesson. :(

Anyones own choice what they like...but also anyone has to agree that there are less RPG-s and 'Adventure games' ( i think they r too RPG-s in a way) navadays...and thats really bad  :(

Too few indeed. Unless you count those MMORPGs which I personnaly can't stand, not having played WoW and all.

What is the last Single-player RPG to be released on PC anyway? Dungeon Siege 2?

Why not? Home of the Underdogs and other abandomware sites have all the classics(most are free, some must be bought) you could ever hope for and all the tools to run them on our super gaming machines.

Unless graphic quality is a major thing for you, I would strongly suggest trying a few, if only for the history lesson.  ;)

I have tried them, but unfortunately I do get hung up on the graphics. I did enjoy Wizardry V and a couple later Ultimas though. I wish I could ignore graphics, but I find it hard to go back after being spoiled with the current generation.

Final level on XWA was the death star ii tunnel run... to scale.

That alone made the game awesome.

Interesting.

I thought that mission was dreadful; good idea, but bad execution. Left a bad taste in my mouth after an otherwise really good game (I especially liked the 'family missions').

Ah well, to each their own, I guess...

You must have crashed a lot :)

Yes and no. Admittedly, it took me a while to figure out I could just shoot the pipes instead of dodging them, but after that it was smooth sailing. The mission was still ****, though...

I loved the Death Star run. I cranked up my speed as fast as possible to make it more intense.

I remember thinking I had to avoid stuff too, until I realized that there were parts that were literally impossible to get through without doing it.

Oh well, seems like I'm the only one who disliked that level then. :)

Maybe I should just replay the game to have another look...

Or... Does anyone know how I can get the X-Wing and/or TIE Fighter Collector's Editions to run in XP?

Whats your favorite 3 game-styles you would like to se in SW? :)

My are:

RPG

Adventure

'culture/race simulator' (make an own race, have it advance over centuries, give them tech-s, and have them imfluence SW-s universe/be part of it)

:-

IB1OsQq.png

I want another space sim. A Privateer-like one, if possible, but anything goes. Just NO gungans or ewoks in it.

I'd like to see a fighting game as well. Something along the lines of the duel mode of the EpIII game, but with more variety. That game got the fighting mechanics just right, but it had few fighters and arenas. There wasn't much variety in moves outside of Obi-Wan and Anakin, either. Of course, the point made before about gungans and ewoks applies here as well.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I want another space sim. A Privateer-like one, if possible, but anything goes. Just NO gungans or ewoks in it.

I'd like to see a fighting game as well. Something along the lines of the duel mode of the EpIII game, but with more variety. That game got the fighting mechanics just right, but it had few fighters and arenas. There wasn't much variety in moves outside of Obi-Wan and Anakin, either. Of course, the point made before about gungans and ewoks applies here as well.

OK: It will have hundreds of wookies, the twin-sister of Yoda, and someone will have a comeback to: G0T0 :D :thumbsup: (sorry, I just simply had to do this ^_^ )

IB1OsQq.png

Star Wars, Jagged Alliance style.

That would be awesome. Imagine taking your Merc team to different planets. There actually was an interesting game ages ago where you had a ton of mercenaries to choose from, you put them in your ship, and then flew off to do different missions. I think the game was flawed in some way, but I loved the concept. I think the word squad was in the title.

Star Wars, Jagged Alliance style.

That would be awesome. Imagine taking your Merc team to different planets. There actually was an interesting game ages ago where you had a ton of mercenaries to choose from, you put them in your ship, and then flew off to do different missions. I think the game was flawed in some way, but I loved the concept. I think the word squad was in the title.

There's XSquad but that one is not that old. I think your talking about X-Com/UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Best. TBS. EVER.

There was also Star Trek Away Team but that one just sucked popsicles big time.

Edited by astr0creep

I definitely don't mean Xcom, that is my favorite game ever, but that was mostly centered on our own planet.

It came out before Xcom by a year or two. I'll try and research it when I get home. I think it was designed by a team of 2 guys.