Muslim anger towards Scandinavia...

Lucius

It's not even the cause of most.  That's my point.  As for Stalin, religion wasn't the basis for his campaign, it was communism/marxism.  Nor was the hatred of religion a prime reason for his actions (it was one of many).  Religion was just one of many victims.  You can in no way blame religion for his actions.  But hey, feel free to keep ignoring facts if you want.  :ermm:

The way you keep ignoring my point that an anti-religious ideology by definition has religious aspects to it, you mean?

However, I shall drop the matter since the discussion isn't going anywhere and since it's off topic in the first place.

The topic here is the islamic reaction to what a newspaper in Denmark published.

As for your point about Hitler, his prime weapon for killing off Jews was nationalism, not religion.  Religion was an issue, but you cannot blame it for the holocaust.  And even without religion, it's likely the holocaust would have occured anyway.  Why?  Hitler targetted more than just Jews, he also targetted ethnic groups as well.  He was looking for somebody to blame for Germany's loss in WWI.  His reasoning was based on Germany, not religion.

And in doing so he used religion as a tool, which is my point - religion can and has always be twisted to suit whatever cause someone in power wants it to. Most religions say that the followers shouldn't kill and shouldn't be intolerant, yet most the most intolerant people tend to be highly religious people...

My thread. :'( :'(

I go out for the evening to celebrate my birthday (23) and this is what y'all call a gift? :ermm:

Thanks tho to the Swedes, UK's etc. for supporting us even though we are a little stupid, love y'all. :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

happy birthday. I tried to rerail it but y'know its hard and stuff. So how much coke did you do?

Thanks man. As for coke, nada, I was selected as family driver for the rest of em. (hard to tell if my mum or pa was coked up though)... alas the duties of the youngest born. :rolleyes:

Edit: I saw you tried, award youself some TOMBS points in the other thread as reward. ;)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You drove... on your birthday? what the fudge? :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, pretty sucky eh? However I had Italian, it was nice, I'd hate to puke it up.

Edit: ffs now I am derailing my already derailed thread.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

Update:

The newspaper has apologized tonight that so many muslims were offended, but is not apologizing that it brought the cartoons in the first place, that is their right they say. (or some such)

Also the Muslim Society in Denmark lead by an Imam called Abu Laban is apologizing for heating the subject up so much and making it seem worse than it actually is, thus being somewhat responsible for the outrage in the muslim world.

DENMARK!

My thread.  :'( :'( 

I go out for the evening to celebrate my birthday (23) and this is what y'all call a gift? :)

Thanks tho to the Swedes, UK's etc. for supporting us even though we are a little stupid, love y'all.  :*

Happy Birthday! :o

Here, have some paprika :D

Aww thanks.

actores_paprika.jpg - Paprika Steen, as Kaftan would tell you she's like in every Danish movie made. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

My thread.  :'( :'( 

I go out for the evening to celebrate my birthday (23) and this is what y'all call a gift? :*

Thanks tho to the Swedes, UK's etc. for supporting us even though we are a little stupid, love y'all.  :*

Happy Birthday! :)

Here, have some paprika :D

Aww thanks.

actores_paprika.jpg - Paprika Steen, as Kaftan would tell you she's like in every Danish movie made. :)

LOL :thumbsup:

I actually tought of Hungarian Paprika (pepper), not a female :D

EDIT: Hmm...Does she have Hungarian ancestors? :o

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I knew what you meant, we have paprika too here you know. :D

I dunno, I don't think so. Is it common Hungarian tradition to name females after a pepper? :o

Seriously though, she's pretty hippie like, so I guess her name was just the result of her parents trippin' out in the 60'ies.

Edit: But this is off topic omg! :huh:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

I knew what you meant, we have paprika too here you know.  :D

I dunno, I don't think so. Is it common Hungarian tradition to name females after a pepper?  :o

Seriously though, she's pretty hippie like, so I guess her name was just the result of her parents trippin' out in the 60'ies.

You know, in every nation there is a tradition to name his/her kids stupid :D

So yes, actually here are some weird names too. Like G

IB1OsQq.png

The newspaper has apologized tonight that so many muslims were offended, but is not apologizing that it brought the cartoons in the first place, that is their right they say. (or some such)

Also the Muslim Society in Denmark lead by an Imam called Abu Laban is apologizing for heating the subject up so much and making it seem worse than it actually is, thus being somewhat responsible for the outrage in the muslim world.

Hooray! :huh:

Sounds like a victory for moderation and common sense. I look forward to seeing how it's reported by the various news organisations.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sounds like a victory for moderation and common sense. I look forward to seeing how it's reported by the various news organisations.

I wonder if this will even matter to the haters down south, they have a reason (excuse?) to be pissed and burn our flag, why stop when it's fun eh?

As for news organisations, I'll be surprised if you guys even get to hear about this on TV. I mean had anyone in the UK/US/Anywhere outside Scandinavia/Arab world heard about this before I posted it?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

I would like to know if people ever consider reading their holy books, also doing things it says, and not killing each other for not-same religion <_<

IB1OsQq.png

Hooray! :o

I wonder if this will even matter to the haters down south, they have a reason to be pissed and burn our flag, why stop when it's fun eh?

As for news organisations, I'll be surprised if you guys even get to hear about this on TV. I mean had anyone in the UK/US/Anywhere outside Scandinavia/Arab world heard about this before I posted it?

Yup, i think Al-Quaida (or how to write it) knows of it already :huh:

IB1OsQq.png

Hooray! :o

I wonder if this will even matter to the haters down south, they have a reason to be pissed and burn our flag, why stop when it's fun eh?

Yup, i think Al-Quaida (or how to write it) knows of it already :o

Well we were already on the "To Bomb List" when we helped the US in Iraq, but I guess we might have moved up a notch after this. :huh:

DENMARK!

Not before, I think. It's been on BBC radio and in the newspapers in the last couple of days, and probably would have got more coverage had it not been for the Polish trade hall disaster.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hooray! :)

Yup, i think Al-Quaida (or how to write it) knows of it already :o

Well we were already on the "To Bomb List" when we helped the US in Iraq, but I guess we might have moved up a notch after this. :huh:

Hungary is on there too i think :D

Maybe they give us some nukes against USA? To defend ourselves ? They are novadays very nasty :o

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Not before, I think. It's been on BBC radio and in the newspapers in the last couple of days, and probably would have got more coverage had it not been for the Polish trade hall disaster.

Yeah I read about that, very tragic. :o

Well it's not that I find the entire issue that important, noone has died or anything, but I thought you folks might find it interesting.

Btw. they actually ran out of Danish and Norwegian flags in Gaza to burn, so they had to draw some new ones before the next round of burn chanting! :huh:

DENMARK!

Yeah I read about that, very tragic. :o

Well it's not that I find the entire issue that important, noone has died or anything, but I thought you folks might find it interesting.

Btw. they actually ran out of Danish and Norwegian flags in Gaza to burn, so they had to draw some new ones before the next round of burn chanting! :huh:

I heared they think about burning pictures from Bush instead of flags, well...even his own mother does that, so thats no problem I guess :D

IB1OsQq.png