Muslim anger towards Scandinavia...

Lucius

If you think like that Hades then noone would be able to wear anything around the neck.

... Although those Eminem necklaces really are an abomination to nature. ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Not just me but everyone.  I don't think its just me who is annoyed by people who show off religious fetishes that scream "LOOK AT ME!  I BELEVE IN GOD/ALLAH/VISHNU/BOB SAGET!" But then again it might just be me.

If you have a problem with someone wearing a cross, then that's a sad statement on your part. But what you fail to realize is there are millions of people who aren't offended by seeing a cross or star of David or a headscarf. If you can't allow yourself to tolerate simple forms of expression like that, then that is what we call bigotry.

It's the wrong attitude.  If you can't put up with other faiths, then you have a problem.

A problem that you can solve with genocide!

Please, don't make jokes like that, cause it's really not funny.

Edited by Mothman

Not just me but everyone.  I don't think its just me who is annoyed by people who show off religious fetishes that scream "LOOK AT ME!  I BELEVE IN GOD/ALLAH/VISHNU/BOB SAGET!" But then again it might just be me.

If you have a problem with someone wearing a cross, then that's a sad statement on your part. But what you fail to realize is there are millions of people who aren't offended by seeing a cross or star of David or a headscarf. If you can't allow yourself to tolerate simple forms of expression like that, then that is what we call bigotry.

It's the wrong attitude.  If you can't put up with other faiths, then you have a problem.

A problem that you can solve with genocide!

Please, don't make jokes like that, cause it's really not funny.

Now that depends who you are I'm afraid. You're not supreme ruler of comedy and opinion you know.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I'm sure y'all deserved it.  After all, it's not like Muslims, or any other group of folks for that matter, ever decide to get offended and hate a country without a reason.  They hate the USA because the US asked to be hated.  Therefore, I'm sure Denmark asked to be hated too!

:D

Oh, the irony!

/end joking sarcasm

So you mean you should be able to come into a thread started by Lucius (who seems to have been in contact with you before..) and write something which isn't funny or clever or insightful, only half-assed "irony"? You need to read the forum rules about trolling and stop acting all surprised and innocent when he "attacks you personally".

On topic: I really hope the danish government won't break from the economic pressure the boycott will bring. I recently read that 16 billion danish crowns is at stake and a lot of Denmark's biggest companies wants the danish government to apologize.

I understand the hatred towards a nation that bombed your country to bits and invaded you, but I can not understand the hatred against a nation with a crappy sense of humour.

Edit: Crappy spelling.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It does it restrict your freedom, why should you force people not to wear certain things?

If thuis Denmark supermarket is going to fire a Muslim for wearing a religious item then they better fire EVERYONE who wears religious icons on their person. Personally I don't care what people wear but stil maintain religion is a private affair but if you gioing to ban one you ban them all.

This is dumb. A company has a uniform and everyone's okay with that. So what's the difference between forcing somebody to wear something and forcing someone not to wear something?

Edit: That's a rhetorical question

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

A place of business has a dress code and I have no problems with that. Public image is very important to a business, but also fairplay. You can't just fire Muslims for wearing a Islam religious item and let a Christian who wears a cross on a necklace. That is discrimination and bigotry.

If thuis Denmark supermarket is going to fire a Muslim for wearing a religious item then they better fire EVERYONE who wears religious icons on their person.  Personally I don't care what people wear but stil maintain religion is a private affair but if you gioing to ban one you ban them all.

They are going to fire her for non-compliance with dress code, not wearing religious item.

A place of business has a dress code and I have no problems with that.  Public image is very important to a business, but also fairplay.  You can't just fire Muslims for wearing a Islam religious item and let a Christian who wears a cross on a necklace. That is discrimination and bigotry.

You can put a cross under your shirt, it doesn't violate any reasonable dress code.

But creating a standard that purposely eliminates items belong to one religion while not on others is.

Aha. Purposely. But it is not the case. If the standard is lawful, it doesn't specifically target the religion, but rather aims for a specific image with no religion in mind. It is just bad luck of having some items to fit the description of inappropriate dress.