Disney buys Pixar

Oerwinde

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2006-0...ar_x.htm?csp=24

If Disney butts out of Pixars business and just lets them do their thing, this could be good for both companies. If they decide they need some of Disney's magic touch... it could be the end of Pixar's reputation of being the only studio to only release good movies.

EDIT: Ok, now I actually read the article, and it seems Disney is putting Pixar in control of their entire animation department. Cooool.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But Wallace&Gromit is regular, old-school Clay-animation, innit?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I always thought Pixar was owned by Disney already?

I had thought that too :">

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2006-0...ar_x.htm?csp=24

If Disney butts out of Pixars business and just lets them do their thing, this could be good for both companies. If they decide they need some of Disney's magic touch... it could be the end of Pixar's reputation of being the only studio to only release good movies.

EDIT: Ok, now I actually read the article, and it seems Disney is putting Pixar in control of their entire animation department. Cooool.

Everyone is buying everyone out now a days. Gamestop bought Ebgames and Adobe bought Macromedia.

But Wallace&Gromit is regular, old-school Clay-animation, innit?

That's right.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm so bored with computer animated full lenght movies. They don't have the soul of traditional animatied...

I thought Shrek (the first one) had soul, in the sense of looking like it was crafted by people who genuinely loved what they were doing and had taken a lot of care over it. That's also the appeal of Wallace and Grommit - I hear that Aardman Animation's next project will be about rats and sewers, sure to find many fans on these forums. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I was still hoping Pixar would break away.  They deserve it.  They've been releasing the only real successful cartoons for Disney.  If it weren't for them, Disney wouldn't have had a blockbuster movie for years.

Well, now Pixar has been put in charge of Disney's entire animation division. Which means that hopefully now all of Disney's animated films will have the same quality and soul as the Pixar films. And with Pixar being angry with being blamed for the death of classically animated features, this could mean the people behind The Emperor's New Groove and The Iron Giant might get to do more of their good work. (Yes I know Iron Giant was WB, but Brad Bird left WB to join Pixar, so now he's at Disney.)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was still hoping Pixar would break away.  They deserve it.  They've been releasing the only real successful cartoons for Disney.  If it weren't for them, Disney wouldn't have had a blockbuster movie for years.

Well, now Pixar has been put in charge of Disney's entire animation division. Which means that hopefully now all of Disney's animated films will have the same quality and soul as the Pixar films. And with Pixar being angry with being blamed for the death of classically animated features, this could mean the people behind The Emperor's New Groove and The Iron Giant might get to do more of their good work. (Yes I know Iron Giant was WB, but Brad Bird left WB to join Pixar, so now he's at Disney.)

Wunderbar! :)

Fantastic! (w00t)

LOL! :D

T

IB1OsQq.png

Ah, heck. I feel sorry for them.

And Myazaki is overrated.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Eip

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

:devil: Itsellesi, sin
kirottu said: