Bethesda + Their Games

Llyranor

So far I haven't heard anything I like regarding to Fallout 3.

So far I haven't heard anything I like regarding to PNJ

Doesn't mean it IS going to be a bad game though...

The thingis I trust Obsidian to make a good game. I don't trust Bethesda. I have only played one game of their in house and one outside development game. Morowind was alrgiht. Pirates of the Caribbean stunk to high heaven. I also have heard horror stories about how buggy their previous games were.

It comes down to a matter of trust. I don't trust Bethesda to make a proper Fallout game and I don't particularly like their style of CRPG in a Fallout game. Is bethesda capable of making a good CRPG? Yes. Are they capable of making a good Fallout game? All indications point to no.

Edited by Judge Hades

The thingis I trust Obsidian to make a good game.  I don't trust Bethesda.  I have only played one game of their in house and one outside development game.  Morowind was alrgiht.  Pirates of the Caribbean stunk to high heaven.  I also have heard horror stories about how buggy their previous games were.

:thumbsup:" Kotor2 :thumbsup:"

Anyways, have YOU heard anything about PNJ already that you actually liked? If not, how can you make a statement like "It sucks because I don't know any good things about it" when it isn't a point for worrying about with another game...

KotOR 2 was an enjoyable game except for the rushed ending. and I rather play KotOR 2 than PotC or Morrowind.  Right now I am neutral to PNJ.

How about the bugs and such? You were worried about FO3 due to Bethesda's Bug Rep. Even if there were some bugs in MW, there were very few for such big a game...

And then compare to the bugginess of a Kotor2

Battlewookie, bugs are just one issue.

The rest are just in his head.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Meh, KOTOR2 unpatched crashed maybe every 5 hours for me. Aside from occasional spelling mistakes, I never got any of the major problems people complain of. Morrowind with the latest patches back in the day crashed way way more often and frequently than KOTOR2 ever did. If Morrowind had been a good game despite the bugs, I would look forward to Oblivion. It's not the bugs I'm concerned about.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hades reminds me of a Morrowind dialogue. You say a keyword, he spits out the same lines over and over again.

Dialogue Choice: Fallout 3.

Hades: I haven't heard anything to make me want to buy this game. Its being made by Bethesda, so it will suck.

Dialogue Choice: Fallout 3.

Hades: I haven't heard anything to make me want to buy this game. Its being made by Bethesda, so it will suck.

Don't you mean Fallout 3 dialog. After all they are going to contineu what they do best. Isn't that what one of your bosses' said?

From what Howard and Hines stated I am expecting Fallout 3 to be using the Oblivion engine, be played in real time, have first person view, and key word dialog. That is what I am expecting Fallout 3 from Bethesda to be like.

Edited by Judge Hades

Even if I could comment, I wouldn't dignify it with any sort of tangible response. You've already got your mind made up about the game, despite having no idea what you're talking about.

The quote you guys are so fond of throwing around was not only misrepresentative, but also very, very old. When Hines said that, the game was barely in the planning stage. In addition to all that, the quote you refer to has nothing to do with dialogue. It was about isometric 3rd person vs. first person and real time vs. turn base.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Hey, Bethesda has a style to their CRPGs and I am expecting them to keep using that style in future CRPGs with minor tweaking where it comes to graphics. It is a style that they are comfortable with. I think that is a perfectly legitiment expectation out of a computer game company, do to what they are comfortable with and has proven to be a success.

All indications is Morrowind is a success and Oblivion will also sell. It is no great leap of logic that Fallout 3 will have very similar aspects of these two games.

Edited by Judge Hades