NHL

Fionavar

Although Anahiem still has a shot, it's looking very good that we'll see a Battle of Alberta. Edmonton might be coming on at the right time. Roloson has waited a long time for a decent playoff team, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him carry the Oilers all the way.

I was about to comment on how technicalities do not matter when we upset the President's Trophy winnar (w00t)

(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w00t)(w

0t)(w00t)(w00t)

Oh? Is that what...

SDFGW4HYGJ34K5JL236M6L MKLJ;SDKLFJL2RKM1L5JR=09U0 j'l d

...is supposed to mean? :wub:"

Loosely translated yes :wub:

And I agree Kor. If I was there, I would have tried to start a Yzerman chant once the game was done.

Edited by alanschu

Holy snap did Philly get their asses handed to them tonight. I wonder if Ken Hitch**** ( will the language filter get that?) has some more colorful words for Lindy Ruff.

So for the eastern bracket we've got Carolina squaring off against New Jersey and Buffalo versus Ottawa. Interesting.

I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow for the Western conference to sort itself out.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well it's been a whole day and its finally starting to really sink in that Edmonton is going to the next round. I spotted Oilers flags on vehicles all over town today, which I haven't seen, well, ever. Plus my boss wants to put me back on nights for some strange reason. And he's a Flames booster. Coincidence?

And the reality that Stevie Y is most likely done makes me sad. Alans' new avatar makes me feel a little bad that his team lost last night. Now I wonder why he wasn't on the ice for the final faceoff of the night. What, did Red Wings coach Mike Bab**** think Pavel Datsyuk ( who hasn't had a goal in 25 playoff games ) was going to pot the tying goal with five seconds left? If there was ever an Yzerman moment, I think that would have been it.

I can't remember last year too well but does anyone else remember hearing that #19 was ready to hang up his skates in December? You can hope that his play in the second half would encourage him to keep playing next year, but you can't really ask a guy who is just about bionic now to push himself like that.

And tomorrow night will officially wrap up the first round. I might go back a few pages to see if I actually had any other series picked right. Edmonton was 3-5 against Calgary this year, but owned the Ducks in regular season play. Of course the playoffs are a whole different story, but now I'm torn as to who I want to see win.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hehe, I'd rather the Sharks play Colorado. Reason is, Edmonton is hot and they just shut down a powerful offense. I'd like to see Calgary and Edmonton beat up on each other before the Sharks play them. I'm not dismissing Colorado, but they do lack the depth of the three other teams. They'll need Thibault to be really outstanding to pull the series off.

I didn't see many games, so I'm not sure how Thibault played. But he played well enough to advance. It's kind of a funny situation right now with goaltending. I'm going to say that Roloson has been the most impressive so far.

Are you thinking Theodore?

Doh! Don't mind me, I can't keep my French Canadien goalies straight. I'm probably wrong about that too :)

And on the Ozolinsh thing, I knew he was the next Theo Fluery. Seriously, why would you send a guy who already struggled with drugs and alcohol to New York? Maybe in a couple seasons he can get a minor league job in Las Vegas and REALLY mess himself up.

Oh I can't wait very nervous though , hopefully the Flames put in a good effort tonight cause I can tell you this whole city is going nuts .. Having a Edmonton Calgary playoff series would be incredible - plus theres a few oiler fans at the office and its great to give them a hard time..

:thumbsup:

Okay time to put on the rally cap Go Flames

Actually Delta aren't you supposed to don the rally caps when your team is behind? It's not really a rally cap if they're tied, you know? It's just a cap then.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I bet he still gets his ass whipped by angry drunken Flames fans.

And I spent some time going over our first round predictions. Here are the results:

Alanschu:6 correct ( should have picked the Oil :p )

Hurlshot: 5 correct ( see above)

KQD: 4 correct ( NYR and Tampa, LOL)

Delta Truth and Volourn both tied with three.

Man, I don't like our chances against the Sharks, Alan. I can see my relationship with Hurlshot going downhill, bigtime!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Dallas and Detroit of all teams screw everything up.

Picks for Round 2:

Ottawa/Buffalo .... Two close to call...I'm thinking upset...Buffalo

NJ over Carolina

Oilers over Sharks

Colorado over Ducks

Horrible first round for me espicially with the Rangers deciding to play gold before their series was even over.

My (hopefully) better Round 2 Predictions:

Ottawa over Buffalo in 5 - Ottawa proved they cna handle upstart teams

NJ over Carolina in 5 - Brodeur over anyone

Sharks over Oilers in 6 - Cheechoo and Thornton are bound to get some points

Ducks over Avalanche in 7 - Selanne and co managed to upset the Flames... Oilers managed to upset Wings... Pretty much a toss up here

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ok, my predictions. It is likely to get chippy in here with the Oil/Sharks match-up. I have a feeling it will be way more physical than any other series.

Sharks over Oilers in 5 - They NEED to dominate the series. If Edmonton strings together a couple wins, I'm worried. The Shark Tank hates Pronger and will be heckling him for the entire series. If he loses it, so does Edmonton. Toskala is much better than Legace. My real fear is that the Sharks will get shut down much like the Wings, but I think thier size might help here.

Anaheim over Colorado in 6 - The Ducks look good and pulled off a huge upset. Goaltending is the question mark in this series. I think the Ducks youth will give them legs over the long-toothed Avs.

Buffalo over Ottawa in 7 - Why? Because the Senators always choke :( The Sabres did really look dominant in thier four wins against the Flyers. It's either this, or a 4 game sweep by the Sens. The Sabres are more exciting to me.

NJ over Carolina in 5 - The Hurricanes didn't look great against the Canadiens. They are a fun team to watch, but I think New Jersey is just too experienced and too hot. NJ seems to be in a different gear right now.