NHL

Fionavar

Holy snap there is only three weeks left on the regular schedule!!! Where did the season go?? It seems like only weeks ago Alan and I were discussing the outdoor summer press conference to introduce Pronger and Peca to the city of champions.

Next season if all you NHL threaders want, I can try to set us up an account at Sportsnets' fantasy hockey pool. You just have to pick your players for the week by every Monday. You can win prizes and stuff, but you have a better chance of growing a third arm.

Edit: And aside from Matt Greene's coughup late in the game did you notice how much smoother our defence looked without MAB in the lineup Alan?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Alright!! The Oilers just pulled ahead of the Avalanche!!!

Edmonton now has 5 twenty goal scorers. I can't remember that happening since the eighties.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And Sergei Samsonov gets the only goal in the shootout!!! Between him and Roloson, Kevin Lowe must be feeling a little bit better about himself right now.

Of course we gave a point to the Avs and SJ managed to sqeak by Chicago, so not that much changes aside from us passing Vancouver. Well, there's only two points seperating us from Calgary now. And we're still two from the cut, so.... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Holy snap there is only three weeks left on the regular schedule!!!  Where did the season go??  It seems like only weeks ago Alan and I were discussing the outdoor summer press conference to introduce Pronger and Peca to the city of champions.

Next season if all you NHL threaders want, I can try to set us up an account at Sportsnets' fantasy hockey pool.  You just have to pick your players for the week by every Monday.  You can win prizes and stuff, but you have a better chance of growing a third arm.

Edit:  And aside from Matt Greene's coughup late in the game did you notice how much smoother our defence looked without MAB in the lineup Alan?

The Rolonator, knocking back pucks as if he WAS a robot from the future!

Excellent game.

And yes, I do feel our defense is playing better. I like Matt Greene, and he's really impressed me as a rookie. I like MAB as well, but I'm starting to think his earlier performance was helped out a lot by being Pronger's partner. He still works hard though, so I love that. I think that the tendenitis in the knee might actually be bothering him, but at the same time I think it might just be a convenient way to get a struggling MAB out of the lineup without the fans flipping out.

And Sergei Samsonov gets the only goal in the shootout!!!  Between him and Roloson,  Kevin Lowe must be feeling a little bit better about himself right now. 

Of course we gave a point to the Avs and SJ managed to sqeak by Chicago, so not that much changes aside from us passing Vancouver.  Well, there's only two points seperating us from Calgary now.  And we're still two from the cut, so.... :thumbsup:

If you guys take 6th from Colorado and Calgary stays in third we could have a Battle of Alberta in the first round of the playoffs. :blink:

Assuming Calgary holds on the first in the division. 2 point difference between 1st and 3rd!!

I have no problems with an Edmonton 3rd - Calgary 6th BOA.....wait....maybe we would rather play on the road :thumbsup:

Edited by alanschu

There's still waaayyy too many games left to figure out how this is going to turn out. One team gets hot and anything can happen. LA should choke any day now, and I'm still hoping that Anaheim doesn't make the cut.

And if it comes down to Vancouver or San Jose, I'm going to have to cheer for the 'Nucks to make it in. Sorry Hurly. I have Bertuzzi in my winning pool team and Thornton in the one hanging down in 30th place. Plus there's that whole Canadian thing although as much as I'd love for a BOA in the first round ( or any) Calgary could still finish out of the playoffs right now, as well as any team in the west not called Dallas, Detroit or Nashville.

Northwest Division 4 life!!!!

Edit: Damn you and your fast typing skillz Alan!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Toronto REALLY needed that win. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but still. I just want to se them TRY at least.

It's been a horrible season. Let's hope Ferguson/Quinn has a plan for a rebuild for next season. YEAH, RIGHT.

Edit: I love this picture. It looks like Sundin has put his fighting face back on.

ERA10603270211.jpg

Or maybe it's just the club hitting his balls ;)

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I read this morning in the Sun that Quinn gave away Jason Smith and Steve Sullivan for next to nothing while he was GM. Also I read that if Belfour doesn't resign with the Leafs they still have to pay him at least a million bucks to leave. I don't know about you, but I'd think the Leafs are starting one of those five year plan things.

And I got my income tax refund today. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Can someone please stuff Joe Thornton's assists up his behind. Who does he think challenging JJ for *his* Art Ross Trophy? Big punk that he is!!!

Jagr ha sa 3 point lead... again.. but with Thornton having 2 games in hand... cna go eithe rway; but Joey should behave in settle for 2nd place.

Thanks. :lol:

P.S. finally, the Rangers manage to win a SO again.. Geez.. I remmeber when they used to be one of the better OT/SO teams earlier in the season... GAH!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ovechkin is third in points total. It would be insane not to give the Calder to him. We'l see at the end of the season though.

I think Lundqvist is great (obviously) but Ovechkin is one of a kind.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

He also has a very real chance of leading the league in goals scored as a rookie, a feat not done since Teemu did it if I remember correctly.

Teemu didn't lead the league, he was tied with Mogilny. ;)

Besides they should both retire from pro hockey.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

"Ovechkin is third in points total. It would be insane not to give the Calder to him. We'l see at the end of the season though.

I think Lundqvist is great (obviously) but Ovechkin is one of a kind."

Eh? So?

Lundqvist is in the top 3 for GAA, and S%. He's also one of the two main reasons why the Rangers will make the play-offs if not outright win their division.

Meanwhile, Ovechkin and all his points got Washington exactly where? Near the NHL basement. And, it's not like the Washington goalie is unproven or suckie.

Ovechkin may be 'one of the kind'; but Lundqvist is the man.

And, heck, Ovechkin is not even 'one of the kind'. Afterall, there's also Crosby.

This is just another slight against goalies. The best rookie this year has been Lundqvist; but people tend to vote for most goals and points and not best player.

"He also has a very real chance of leading the league in goals scored as a rookie, a feat not done since Teemu did it if I remember correctly."

he's not catching JJ.

Lundqvist also has a chance to lead the NHL in both GAA, and S%. And, he'd be in top 3 for wins if the Rangers were actually smart enough to make him their starter from the beginning and actually play him as much as the other top goalies like Hasek (before injury) or Brodeur.

Edited by Volourn

No. As I also pointed out, he's not gonna catch Jagr for goals.

And, as I pointed out, while you Ovechkin fanboys brag about that, Lundqvist has a more likelihood of leading the league in GAA and S% as a rookie as well.

I guess you ignored that.

Go figure.

No. As I also pointed out, he's not gonna catch Jagr for goals.

And, as I pointed out, while you Ovechkin fanboys brag about that, Lundqvist has a more likelihood of leading the league in GAA and S% as a rookie as well.

I guess you ignored that.

Go figure.

Now that I've read that sentence over again, I feel like an idiot. I misinterpreted what was written. :">

Ovechkin is only 5 goals behind Jagr. It's is possible that Ovechkin will catch Jagr although it depends on whether or not Jagr has anymore games like the one against the Flyers, or if he goes on a slump like he did earlier. Only time will tell.

On Lundqvist though, he does have a chance at pulling into the lead in GAA and S% and if he does I think he probably should be given the Calder. A strong showing in the playoffs would only add more in his favour when Ovechkin's season has ended.

Lundqvist still has to pass Huet and Hasek in save percentage and Hasek in GAA.

As a side point, the play-offs don't count in the awards race (except the Conn Smyth of course) so that won't and shouldn't help Lundqvist's cause.

As fo catching jar, not only does Jagr have to slump again, Ovechkin would have to continue scoring a lot. Plus, Jagr had his one only slump this year. I doubt he'll have another so soon. Even in his 'slump'; he scored 2 goals (in 6 games). Heh.

Though, as a JJ fanboy, I do worry about the points total due to Mr. Assist. :ermm:

As a side point, the play-offs don't count in the awards race (except the Conn Smyth of course) so that won't and shouldn't help Lundqvist's cause.

As fo catching jar, not only does Jagr have to slump again, Ovechkin would have to continue scoring a lot. Plus, Jagr had his one only slump this year. I doubt he'll have another so soon. Even in his 'slump'; he scored 2 goals (in 6 games). Heh.

Though,  as a JJ fanboy, I do worry about the points total due to Mr. Assist. :ermm:

Playoffs don't count? Bah! Shows what I know. <_<

Like I said though, it's possible that he could catch Jagr. :o

Thorton is insane with all those Assists. :o