NHL

Fionavar

Damnit Volourn, if you're going to lose, can't you atleast give Brodeur a shutout? Those 2 goals have cost me 6 points in my pool so far. :angry:

Atleast Montreal won again, although it was much closer tonight. 6-5 in double overtime and they take a 2-0 series lead back home. :rolleyes:

Edited by Deraldin

It's been a decent night to be a hockey fan. One letdown (NYR-NJ), one rout (BUF-PHI), double OT for the Canes and Habs, and a comeback for Dallas against the Avs.

I'll have to agree with Volo that the Rangers are done. Although I was watching more of the Buffalo drubbing of the Flyers. By the third period TSN pretty much switched to the Devils game and didn't pre-empt the Colorado one like first planned. I'm miffed because I missed the second Buffalo hat trick.

Now I'm worried who is going to get the air time tomorrow for the late game. Will it be the Oilers or the CBCs spring version of the Leafs, Calgary? Aside from Ron MacLean it seems like the entire network staff is convinced the Flames are the next coming of Jebus.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

that was one great match yesterday... for the canadians.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm not too surprised by Carolina and Dallas looking at a fast exit. Carolina is weak on defense and experience. They also haven't had to battle much lately, whereas Montreal has been playing for their lives the last month.

Dallas is a shootout team. Without the shootout they would have less than 100 points. They would have been fighting for a playoff spot. Still, I'm shocked how badly Turco is playing. Colorado isn't much better, in fact I'd say the only difference between the two teams is the goaltending. They match up pretty evenly.

I am shocked by Dallas opening up a can of suck as well. Of course if they were playing the Oil in the first round you know they wouldn't be phoning it in like they are doing now.

Here comes another night of Mark " I just quit my job at 7-11" Lee and John " I like the Oilers, no wait, the Canucks, no, the Flames" Garrett and their insipid commentary. Lee ****s his pants with every shot Detroit takes and Garrett stays silent for the most part, like he can't believe the guy next to him is actually getting paid money for what he's doing.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I get the impression with Garrett (and lots of sportscasters) that they have a bias towards who they think their expected audience is. It's not surprising that he focuses a good chunk on the Oilers in a Detroit-Edmonton series.

I'd expect him to pick the Flames in a Calgary-Anaheim series as well.

As for Carolina and Dallas, it makes sense. I picked Turco and Gerber in my pools.

I also picked Lidstrom (0 points), Forsberg (1 point), and Jagr. At least Heatley has SOME points. Thornton? Shut down! Thankfully Cheechoo was able to salvage something.

I am so hideously in last place in my pool it's not even funny.

Edited by alanschu

I get the impression with Garrett (and lots of sportscasters) that they have a bias towards who they think their expected audience is.  It's not surprising that he focuses a good chunk on the Oilers in a Detroit-Edmonton series.

I'd expect him to pick the Flames in a Calgary-Anaheim series as well.

As for Carolina and Dallas, it makes sense.  I picked Turco and Gerber in my pools.

I also picked Lidstrom (0 points), Forsberg (1 point), and Jagr.  At least Heatley has SOME points.  Thornton?  Shut down!  Thankfully Cheechoo was able to salvage something.

I am so hideously in last place in my pool it's not even funny.

I have Thorton, Shanahan and Afinoganov in my pool. At least Thorton and Shanahan have at least one point, but Afinoganov is still holding at 0. Also have Brisebois and Redden at 0 points as well, but they are defencemen so they at least have something of an excuse. Kovalev and Elias hold top spot so far on my team with 8 points each. :)

Current ranking 6675 / 43631

:thumbsdown: I dropped 4000 places because I only gained 10 points last night. :(

Edited by Deraldin

No Kovalev or Elias for me.

How is Afinoganov pointless? LOL. Crazy....team scores 8 goals and he, a talented offensive player, doesn't get any.

It was goofy...three hatricks in one evening of playoff hockey.

No Kovalev or Elias for me.

How is Afinoganov pointless?  LOL.  Crazy....team scores 8 goals and he, a talented offensive player, doesn't get any.

It was goofy...three hatricks in one evening of playoff hockey.

I know! At least Briere is putting up the points.

These are the players that I have in my pool.

Joe Thornton

Jason Spezza

Brendan Shanahan

Daniel Briere

Jonathan Cheechoo

Robert Lang

Patrik Elias

Saku Koivu

Maxim Afinogenov

Bryan Smolinski

Alexei Kovalev

Petr Prucha

Scott Niedermayer

Wade Redden

Dion Phaneuf

Janne Niinimaa

Brian Rafalski

Patrice Brisebois

Miikka Kiprusoff

Martin Brodeur

Senators Ottawa

Red Wings Detroit

I'm thinking that Kiprusoff might have been a mistake. He's a great goalie but when you lose 2 points for every loss by that goalie it's making me a little nervous. He would have only gotten 10 points over the course of the 2004 playoffs because nearly every series went to 7 games. :luck:

I didn't pick Kiprusoff because I was thinking Anaheim's hot play would upset them.

Go go anaheim!

I'm like 41000 on the Sportsnet pool. Dead last in the group that I am in (8 or so people) by about 4 points.