Mandalore - how do I "turn" him to the force?

As the title says, I'd like to know how/when to turn Mandalore into a Jedi Guardian. I'm pretty sure you can since you can turn almost everyone else into a jedi. I just don't know quite how to pull it off. Any help or advice would be welcome. :D

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

He's one of the characters that just didn't seem to have much point in the second game, other than to gap the two stories together.

He can't be turned into a Jedi, and his backstory was much more fulfilling in K1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the game kind of suffers from too many joinable NPCs. And since he couldn't become a Jedi, it made choosing him even harder IMO.

I think it would have been neat if there were more situations where an NPC would only be with you for a short time. I mean, GOTO joining you was weak weak weak.

Yeah, that was kind of silly. You can make every other breathing being on the ship into a jedi except him?? Well, Hanharr, but let's face it, I never play dark side, I'll never have him.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Well I think Canderous is great without being able to turn into a Jedi, that would just ruin him.

And Hanharr was supposed to be able to turn into a Jedi but that was cut because word from the higher ups in Lucas's company, or Lucas himself, said that Wookiee's and Hutts can't be Jedi's. Lowbacca and that Hutt Jedi from Planet of Twilight seem to think differently.

You can't even gain influence with him, so what's the point?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

You can't even gain influence with him, so what's the point?

You can, so Ive read, but its limited to Iziz. Read a decent FAQ or guide about it.

You can. But it's not really worthwhile. You get the same answers to questions as in the begin and you can finally ask him how he became Mandalore. To do that you have to:

A) When you meet Ponlar for the Second time: "Everyone Join Ponlar, the Queens reign must end".

B) Agree to help Anda, and saying "I agree, Vaklu has a lot more to offer us".

C) When you side with Vaklu the second time on the Merchant Quarter, say something like "You have left quiet an impression" when they talk about the Basilisks.

or

When you side with Talya, agree with Kreia to kill Vaklu. Order to execute him

D) On the Ravager, Kill Tobin (note that Visas could make a conflict in this). Switch to one person mode and leave Visas behind a few rooms so you can take out Tobin to gain influence with Mandalore

And then comes the problem. You don't have full influence!

KSE it to 100 is an option if you have the PC version.

It contains some more info about Revan if you push it up.

Master Vandar lives!

I really didn't mind having Canderous in the game. I think the main significance to it (storywise) is when Kreia reveals (on Dxun near the endgame) that she knows that Revan "betrayed" Canderous. Revan's name is not mentioned but it is a clear allusion to Revan because the pronouns change depending on what gender you gave Revan.

This is incredibly significant because it would have had to have happened after Revan's Redemption.

It is an undeniable hook into K3....(it is also proof that Revan has way too much backstory to be the primary controllable character in any future SW game).

Hmm okay. I'm actually glad you can't turn Mandalore. I had read somewhere you could. I'm in agreement with the rest of you when you say it'd ruin his character.

The Ravenger still confuses me - the dialogue when Mandalore is talking to his henchman. What does he want to do the old fashioned way? And why would the republic be upset at them blowing up the ship?

...And at Trayus Academy Kreia mentions "The Exile will be faced with a choice" - what choice? left or right?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

...And at Trayus Academy Kreia mentions "The Exile will be faced with a choice" - what choice? left or right?

It's probably safe to assume that this was a reference to material that was cut from the game. Originally several of your crewmembers were supposed to seek out and confront Kreia on their own (I suppose the Exile was momentarily injured when the Ebon Hawk crashed - we may know when the Restoration Project is finished), but they would all be captured.

On entering the Trayus Academy, the Exile would then have to choose whether to spend time saving his friends and so face harder opposition in the endgame or whether to sacrifice them, so he could seek out Kreia immediately.

I think...

The Ravenger still confuses me - the dialogue when Mandalore is talking to his henchman. What does he want to do the old fashioned way? And why would the republic be upset at them blowing up the ship?

right....some have speculated that, in addition to Droid World and Malachor cut content, there was supposed to be alot more to the Telos space battle and that Mandalore and co were going to take a shot at a real Republic ship.

for why, indeed, would the Republic care if Mandalorians blew up a decommissioned ship that was now attacking the Republic? That is perhaps the weakest cutscreen dialogue in the game.

who knows? this kind of stuff might actually be part of the negotiations between LA and Obsidian even now....Obsidian has a reputation to uphold and they will want to fill in all the dangling threads....and there are MANY such threads.

you have touched on two of the main ones.

another thing to keep in mind is that the KOTOR comic will also be able to smooth over rough storyline areas in the games.

Its all very well to say that and to put it in a comic, but if it isn't in the game, why should it be considered Canon? Simply because its approved by LAs (or whoever)? I'm sorry, I don't buy it. If they don't put it in the game, an expansion or K3, then really, it should be disregarded. It isn't like an Anime where you have to read the Manga in order to understand the series and need the series to understand the film... :)

Ravager - Old fashioned way means just with flat out brute force, as opposed to more modern "sneak and minimize" tactics. The Republic and the Mandalorians aren't on even terms with each other, that could be one reason why they may be upset. Also, the Exile's on board, and the Republic doesn't want to see her dead because of one specific Admiral (guess, you'll probably get it right). Also the Mandalorians aren't acting under Republic orders, either...

The Trayus Academy "choice" is cut content

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

another thing to keep in mind is that the KOTOR comic will also be able to smooth over rough storyline areas in the games.

Its all very well to say that and to put it in a comic, but if it isn't in the game, why should it be considered Canon? Simply because its approved by LAs (or whoever)? I'm sorry, I don't buy it. If they don't put it in the game, an expansion or K3, then really, it should be disregarded. It isn't like an Anime where you have to read the Manga in order to understand the series and need the series to understand the film... :ermm:

The only cut content that should be introduced as canon should be that which can fill in some of the plot holes, but that alone. (Droid planet can be left out, but the HK Factory shouldn't)

DAWUSS

Ravager - Old fashioned way means just with flat out brute force, as opposed to more modern "sneak and minimize" tactics. The Republic and the Mandalorians aren't on even terms with each other, that could be one reason why they may be upset. Also, the Exile's on board, and the Republic doesn't want to see her dead because of one specific Admiral (guess, you'll probably get it right). Also the Mandalorians aren't acting under Republic orders, either...

perhaps...but I wouldn't mind hearing about how the Ravager was slated for repair and recommissioning...that would make the Mandalorian "transgression" a bit more real, IMO.

the ravenger was never repaired by the republic

it was in fact rased from Malicore by Darth Nuhilus

he then had it repared and piloted by his crew of slow dieing zobies feeding the hunger of thier master

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Its all very well to say that and to put it in a comic, but if it isn't in the game, why should it be considered Canon? Simply because its approved by LAs (or whoever)? I'm sorry, I don't buy it. If they don't put it in the game, an expansion or K3, then really, it should be disregarded. It isn't like an Anime where you have to read the Manga in order to understand the series and need the series to understand the film... :blink:

I would usually agree with that, but I do find K2 to be a special case. The simple reason for that is that all the material at discussion here would indeed have been in the game if the deadline hadn't killed it, which means that it was actually meant to be canon material. It was cut because the deadline was approaching, not because there were creative disagreements regarding the plot.

I do think that at least is worthy of considering before with disregard the cut content. That said, K3 is free to accept or ignore or even contradict any of the cut content, since it did not make it into the officially released final game. Time will tell, I guess...