Heroes of Might & Magic V Beta

Setzer

Ace Combat was very good but again I didnt really enjoy the modern warfare aspect. Blazing Angels was WWII but was abysmal.. Someones got to get the two elements right one of these days.

IL-2 Sturmovik and its Forgotten Battles expansion - surprisingly published by Ubisoft - were great forays into air combat in the Eastern Front of World War 2. Though being a simulator it's definitely not for everyone. Still, I'd just buy the game out of principle for how great the game was and for the support Oleg Maddox gave to the community.

The IL2 series (...... Ubisoft) is apparently a pretty good PC WW2 combat flight sim.

EDIT: Screw you, RP, stop stealing my posts.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_13278.shtml

These are kinda full, but it's the fastest there is when open.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Think it took longer to unpack than to download. Or perhaps it was because I was watching it.

Looks like it works anyway. But I'm off to play DragonQuest some more. Probably take a look on the weekend.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Installing as I speak, type, whatever.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I've only been playing it for half an hour so far, but it is currently on my shopping list... :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

After an hour of playing I'm not that taken with it, ah well, I'll play it some more tomorrow see if it can convince me to buy it.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I was very happy with the demo, although I wish it didn't just toss you into the middle of the campaign. Still, I look forward to building up some heroes. It's not a pre-order, but I'll buy it in the first few weeks for sure.

I love the free camera.

After playing it a bit more I've uninstalled, not impressed with it, I'll save my money for something else.

Following several days of rumors, Ubisoft has officially confirmed that it will no longer use the controversial digital-rights software from Starforce. "Ubisoft has decided to use an alternative copy protection system to Starforce for upcoming releases," said a rep for the company. The announcement means that Starforce software will not be included in Heroes of Might and Magic V, the publisher's much-anticipated forthcoming PC role-playing game.

Ubisoft's decision caps weeks of controversy surrounding Starforce. In Mid-march, an employee of the Russian-German-Chinese-Cypriot company was accused of posting a link to a site where users could illegally download Stardock's space-sim Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. Shortly, thereafter, Aspyr Media decided to sever its relationship with Starforce and remove its software from its forthcoming game, Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars.

Ubisoft's motivation for ending its agreement with Starforce was more personal. At the end of March, the company was slapped with a $5 million lawsuit by gamers who claimed that Starforce's DRM system compromised the security of their PCs. "We are currently investigating complaints about alleged problems with Starforce

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, after a couple hours playing the demo I must say I'm quite impressed. Much, much better than the beta version! I was able to adjust the battle speed to my liking and that made a world of difference for me compared to the beta version. I too love the "free" camera. Looks like Nival has pulled it off and has brought this once thought to be dead series back to life. Can't wait for this to be released.