NFL

moreKOTORplz

Steelers: 21

Colts: 18

:D

Way to go, guys.

i'd have to agree although my Chiefs were eliminated they were always my team when I started watching NFL football

Its would have been a terrible way for Jerome Bettis to go his first fumble of the year .. But in the end Pittshburgh deserved the win..

But why did they only run the ball the second half ... They should have thrown more made it way to predictable for the Colts D

"Indy's line is the best in football, or atleast was this year."

Even the best have a bad day. Manning had a good day. His QBR was over 90. He also enginered a near 4th quarter combeack.

It's too bad Indy doesn't ahave a coach as all he does is sit on the sidelines playing tiddlywinks. if it was up to the Indy coach the Colts would have been blown up but Manning nearly saved the day (along with an untimely fumble by bettis).

i don't think they had diem today and no they are not the best O LINE the only one that went to the pro bowl is jeff saturday and thats because he has to hear manning yack with 5 on the play clock. the line is a product of the colts over paying at every other skill position and its smoke and mirrors.

i don't care what manning's rating was bottom line leaders don't hang their head and pack it in when things don't go perfectly ON THE FIRST FACKING DRIVE. i'm so sick of him and his crappy leadership in the playoffs. YOU ARE AT HOME with the best offense in the league ACT LIKE YOU ARE IN CONTROL. YOU DON'T SEE FREAKIN TOM BRADY DUFF IT AT HOME :lol: DAMNIT.

oh well i guess there is next year, being that next year EDGE will be gone wayne will be over paid and terik glenn will be closer to past his prime with jeff saturday gone (that will fix that fackin line problem WON'T IT!!!)

**** :p

Judging by his post-game comments, Manning wasn't exactly thrilled with the way the o-line played today.  I'm a little inclined to agree, given that they saw Pittsburgh bringing five or even six the entire damned game, and couldn't figure out a way to handle it.

Edit: I'm also curious to see if there's going to be any fallout from Manning essentially telling Dungy to piss off with that whole waving-the-punt-team-off-the-field thing.  Especially since it worked.

Dungy stated after the game that he and Manning were on the same page there. That's his official stance anyway... could have been damage control though.

As a Steelers fan, I was very pleased with the win. And I don't believe all the touchdowns Bettis has scored for the Black and Gold would have saved him if Big Ben didn't make that tackle. A fumble in that situation is unacceptable for someone with his experience.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Even the best have a bad day. Manning had a good day. His QBR was over 90. He also enginered a near 4th quarter combeack.

It seems you and Peyton are on the same page. In the post game press conference he mentioned "protection problems" like 4 times in two sentences.

If theres one thing I hate its people who make excuses. I'm really starting to doubt that Peyton has the mind set to win a championship.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Steelers lose to Denver. I would have prefered to see the Colts take on Denver. I want to see two of my favorite teams in the Super Bowl that is Denver and Seattle.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm going to enjoy watching the Steelers lose to Denver. I would have prefered to see the Colts take on Denver. I want to see two of my favorite teams in the Super Bowl that is Denver and Seattle.

I'm putting money on Denver and Seattle in the Bowl.

I knew the colts wouldn't make it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

If this is a thread where I can blow off steam when it comes to sports results then:

You just had to loose you damn frikin no good miserable Deportivo La Coruna.....!!!!!$#%#/&$ :angry: :angry: :angry: :):blink:

P.S. Alaves as well....

Edited by Hildegard

No, this is to blow off steam for football only! :angry:

IF the Steelers play as they have been playing when they go against Denver, they should have no problem winning. They did it against the Colts, they can do it against the Broncos. Let's face it: the right team won that game. The score shouldn't have been as close as it was. Up until the 4th quarter, Pittsburgh had been dominating the entire game. Then everything just went wacky. :blink:

"don't care what manning's rating was bottom line leaders don't hang their head and pack it in when things don't go perfectly ON THE FIRST FACKING DRIVE."

Players who pack it in don't normally make ckomebacks in the 4th quarter. The bottom line is football is a team sport. Manning had a good game. The rest of team did not.

i'm so sick of him and his crappy leadership in the playoffs. YOU ARE AT HOME with the best offense in the league ACT LIKE YOU ARE IN CONTROL."

If it wasn't for Manning the score wouldn't have even been close. He gave his team a chance to tie; but the kicker missed the field goal. And, anyone who watched the game knos full well he was control. Afterall, he told the punting team to get the hell off the field and then proceeded to convert that 4th down.

"YOU DON'T SEE FREAKIN TOM BRADY DUFF IT AT HOME DAMNIT."

No. But, we sure saw him get shellacked on Saturday. Hahahaha.

"As a Steelers fan, I was very pleased with the win. And I don't believe all the touchdowns Bettis has scored for the Black and Gold would have saved him if Big Ben didn't make that tackle. A fumble in that situation is unacceptable for someone with his experience."

Oh, please. That wasn't Bettis' fault. That was a fantastically hard hit. 99% of runningbacks would have fumbled thta ball on that hit.

Manning + Bettis > You Know Nothings

In past play-offs, Manning *was* it fault for his team's losses; but this year he was not. The coach was blame. What a friggin' loser. Period.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just to join in on all the er...fun...**** the patriots.

Kill, skin, and mangle MY Jags, will ya? :angry:

Oh, and the Bears....that game sucked. What was up with the line? Grossman wasn't exactly on the ball either...made some great throws though once he found his, partial, stride.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

American football, or Euro football?

There is only one true football. :rolleyes:

yep the euro league doesn't count thats crap.... :) ohhhh you mean footie ball right right :)

:lol: wow that hurts the sides :lol: as if footie ball could touch the NFL, the NFL is #1 in the USA and last time i checked the summer olympics we are the best in REAL SPORTS!!! :lol: footie ball

they choked...along with the offense...unfortunately :rolleyes:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The Bear D was overrated. It's good; but not any better than the other top D in the league. Certainly not as dominating as many though. Though; the D is why they did so well cause their offense was absolutely horrible even though they did score 21 points in the play-offs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm putting money on Denver and Seattle in the Bowl.

I knew the colts wouldn't make it.

Denver FTW! They'll beat Seattle.

Well I guess its really time for superbowl picks.

I'm picking the Broncos to beat the Steelers in a close one. 27 - 23

And I see the Pathers beating the Seahawks like a drum. 35 - 17

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.