NWN2 Interview @ RPGDot

Dhruin

No. It'll be sewer like. Only Obsidian can add an official sewer. Afterall, Obsidian made a point to tell us 'there are no sewers in NWN2'. Why would they do that if sewers could me so easy to add? Hmm...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I never said that they'd be easy to add.

The impression that I get is that there is no sewer tileset. I seriously don't see what "official"ness is really required.

Sure I can't quickly make a sewer. But if (and who knows, maybe it's a big if) the tools provide me with enough for what I wanted a sewer to be like in my game...

You also mentioned a noteable difference. What's the difference aside from it not being an "official" sewer?

Edited by alanschu

Obsidian said sewers are not included in NWN2. You cna't get more clear than that. Are they lying about that? Whyw ould they lie about that?

Here's soemthing similar. NWN didn't come with a swamp tilset. However, you can make a swamp using the NWN toolset without a hak. That still doens't change the fact that NWN had no swmap.

People could make sewers. They can make sewer like areas. And, they can be awesome. But, still, like Obsdiian said, NWN2 has no sewers.

Those are Obsidian's words. Not mine.

Why are people blaming me for what Obsidian said?

My point is it doesn't matter what people make with the toolset. What matters here is what Obsidian adds.

Afterall, people whine about NWN's lack of tileset variety and conviently ignores the dozens of tilesets avaialble in the community...

R00fles!

And, sewer like does not equal sewer.

On top of that, onc eagain, Obsidian's words:

"There are no sewers in NWN2."

It can't get more clear cut than that...

I didn't say that...

I said sewer like doesn't equals ewer.

Afterall, I can use a dungeon tileset and just say poo and piss comes from above and claim it's a sewer... but, it isn't.

R00fles!

Again, to semi quote Obsidian:

"There are no sewers in NWN2."

"I think you're just splitting hairs for the sake of being confrontational."

Eh? I think the ones calling Obsidian liars are the ones trying to be confrontational. You can't get much clearer than 'There are no sewers in NWN2'. Those are Obsidian's words not mine. Geez..

"But if it handles a locations' sewage wouldn't that make it a sewer? I mean, I am trying to understand your logic here."

Sewers are more than just that. It's not the real world. Sewers are a state of mind. A state of existence. When I think sewers, I think SEWERS.

I think of an area that is more than just poo and piss falling from drains.

Edited by Volourn

The thing is I define a sewer to be something that sewage goes into and if there are no sewers in NWN 2 its going to get pretty sticky pretty quick.

Not to mention, where would you go and kill rats ?!? :huh:

You just can't make a crpg without sewers, it just simply isn't done >_

How do you start a petition for sewers (and crates) in NWN2 ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People aren't calling Obsidian liars.

I'm willing to bet that you can maniuplate the toolset effectively enough to create a very atmospheric sewer.

But apparently to Volourn, it's only a sewer if it was made with the "Sewer" tileset >_<

Yes, exactly. >_<

Just like NWN1 didn't have swamps.

Game over.

"People aren't calling Obsidian liars."

Yes, theya re. Obsidian says no sewers/sewer tilesets are in NWN2. Others are saying there are. Both can't be right.

Edited by Volourn