GLAAD mad at Gene Shalit

Arkan

Wow. Did any of you miss the part about Gene Shalitt having a gay son, for whom he has publicly acknowledge deep love and acceptance? Whether you agree with his take on this movie or not, it seems odd some of you would continue to speculate upon his personal "homophobia" after knowing that.

At any rate, until I've seen both the movie and the review video I really don't think I have anything valuable to offer here. Not that having nothing of value to offer has ever shut me up in the past. :blink:

GLAAD is full of bigotry anyways. They're scum, and they spit on gays. If I were gay, I wouldn't want those scumbags representing me. Same with most organziations who supposedly represent minorities. They're just as bad as the bigots they tend to to attack.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I did know that he has a gay son, I did read the article he wrote about him, and I did link to it in my last post. I know over a dozen people who have gay friends and relatives and say they love them but don't support gay marriage, and several of those people get violently upset at the thought of a man hitting on them. I don't doubt that Shalit loves his son, but I don't think "some of my best friends are gay" has ever been a valid excuse in and of itself.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

No; but how you treat them does. How does he treat his son? Horrible? Good? Indifferent? That is the key.

Either way, the overreaction - which is typical for peonic groups like GLAAD - to the article is hilarious.

Everytime someone says something they dislike it's,"OMG! He's homophole!"

With other groups it's "OMG! He's racist!", "OMG! He hates the poor!", or "OMG! He hates women!", or "OMG! He hates men!"

LMAOATWTLVUYADYTATWA!!!

I did. It was on Mancow. :huh:

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Someday there may be a world when the phrase "did you know....is gay" isn't part of the language anymore, because such a thing will no longer be "news."

Someday...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mancow?

Never heard of him.

Annoying radio personality up in the Chicago area.

Someday there may be a world when the phrase "did you know....is gay" isn't part of the language anymore, because such a thing will no longer be "news."

Someday...

It'll be a long, long while if our fundamentalist friends keep holding the country's reins.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

"It'll be a long, long while if our fundamentalist friends keep holding the country's reins."

Oh please. Both sidea ar ebad at this. Afterall, comments like: "He's so brave to admit he's gay!" ar ejust as bad and dehumanizing as "OMG! HE's gay! That guy is goin' to hell!"

Anyways, I agree with lady Crimson.

I don't care if someone is gay. Notr do I care if someone is heterosexual... unless it's a woman I'm attracted to. It would suck if she was a lesbian.. If she was a bi... that's evene better!

Hahahahahaha!!!

It will be a long time coming before we don't suggest crowbars and sticks as a way to discourage unwanted attention. It will be a long time coming before we are all so alike that we cannot find difference with one another. It will be even longer before difference ceases to spawn fear and prejudice. Where my comments mirror previous remarks, take them as affirmation and agreement.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"It'll be a long, long while if our fundamentalist friends keep holding the country's reins."

Oh please. Both sidea ar ebad at this. Afterall, comments like: "He's so brave to admit he's gay!" ar ejust as bad and dehumanizing as "OMG! HE's gay! That guy is goin' to hell!"

Anyways, I agree with lady Crimson.

I don't care if someone is gay. Notr do I care if someone is heterosexual... unless it's a woman I'm attracted to. It would suck if she was a lesbian.. If she was a bi... that's  evene better!

Hahahahahaha!!!

People going "He's so brave to admit he's gay!" aren't trying to keep them from getting married, or adopting kids, or anything like that. :blink:

And that's not what I mean...fundies are trying to legislate their tastes. It's bull****.

I'm of the opinion that it's none of my business and doesn't affect me...however, I AM repulsed by hairy man sex. :rolleyes:

- Everlast