The art of Darth Sion

Sion_01.jpgGetting capes to work correctly was near impossible so the cape idea was nixed early on. Plus, we wanted to be able to show off that his body was pretty jacked up. here are a couple of early thumbnails I did which later became the painting that was used for modeling.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

That's awesome, Brian. :)

The cape would've made him a fop. Same with a shirt/robe. He's so bad ass, he doesn't even need a shirt. Shirts are beneath him.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Another thing I would have loved to have done is to have the cracked pieces of Sion's body continually shifting in and out away from his body to better give the impression that it is only his force power keeping himself together. But the engine just wouldn't allow for it.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

Damn engine. :-

EDIT: Welcome back to the forums as well Brian, nice to see the devs still care about us. :thumbsup:

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Oh we all care, but this business keeps everyone pretty busy. Sometimes I have trouble just responding to emails muchless actively getting on a message board. I've just come back from vacation though, so I feel I have little more free time to chat here. haha, but I imagine that will change soon enough. Still, if there were more things for artists to comment on or discuss you'd find a few more of us up here. We (artists) simply assume you guys are much more interested in things other than what we do. I really get a kick out of seeing the fan art some of the people here have done, which appears in another thread. It's amazing too that there are custom legos, nihilus masks and people dressing up at conventions over something I was a part of. I've been doing this type of work for about 12 years and this kind of response is worth more than any pay raise my own company could provide.

You and your artist friends should come here more often. We all love seeing art and whatnot for games. (well I do any way)

Lets us speculate about the character and suchlike.

Which is always good.

So, yeah come here more often if possible and tell the other artists to join too, we're a friendly bunch round these parts.

And post more piccies.

Please. :thumbsup:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

It's easy to post pics after the game is out, not so easy while in production. Sometimes art can be a spoiler. Plus, the peolpe footing the bill like to be in control of what is reveled when. I'm comfortable putting these things up now, but it could've been a problem earlier. I'll post more if there is a topic I feel warrents it.

Could you put any art for NwN 2 by any chance (just one tiny ikkle picture) or are you working on PnJ and as such can't say or post anything due to punishment of death for revealing info when you're not supposed too?

what little I did for NWN2 is not being used. They sort of went in a slightly different direction as I was being put onto something else. Plus, I was on NWN2 for a very short time, so I don't feel comfortable meddling in the NWN2 boards since I'm not part of that team. What I'm currently doing is under wraps and anything I would post would surely be a lawsuit.

OK then, fair enough I'll let you off posting more because I don't want you killed.

We all know thats what will happen if you do post it. Don't try and deny it I've figured the truth. :thumbsup:

Thankies anyway.

You're my new favourite developer. ;)

What I can do, is to post more KOTOR2 images. I don't think there was an uncluttered version of the "tips and Tricks" cover I did. I can post that when I get back into work on Monday.

Yay more KotOR piccies for me.

Thankies again, apprieciate all the pictures.

Shows the devs to care about us all.

*Waits for more sexy KotOR art*

From your biggest ever fan. :thumbsup:

I would send you e-mails and such like but Americans are notorious for the fact they sue peopl a lot so I won't.

*General view from news and sutchlike, correct me if you people from USA don't sue people loads.

I'm saying that if I e-mailed you once it's quite possible I wouldn't be able to stop and then you could sue me if every morning you had about 30* e-mails from me.

*Possibly more just a random number i came up with.

My posts might not make much sense by the way, I haven't slept in 3 days. True Story.

If you were in these foruims though you would obviously know about the company and more than likely would't need it advertising to you though.

A sticky thread for all the concept are would be good though if the mods could stop people spamming in it and such.

*slaps self* ignore all the e-mail thingys

You never saw them.

I blame lack of sleep.

Edited by sucky

I'm saying that if I e-mailed you once it's quite possible I wouldn't be able to stop and then you could sue me if every morning you had about 30* e-mails from me.

*Possibly more just a random number i came up with.

If it got so bad that I was getting that many from you, I might have your emails dumped in junk mail, but I wouldn't sue you. :D

Thats OK then, I have heard stories of Americans sueing for millions over stuff stupider than that though

Which made me think, yknow.

EDIT: Looked at your profile and noticed you like football (It's NOT Soccer),just wondering if you support any team in particular. What can I say, I'm an inquisitive person.

Edited by sucky

Another question: Do you ever get annoyed if you are given a specific task to do, spend a long time on it only to be told that it isn't needed any more?

That would annoy the hell outta me.

what little I did for NWN2 is not being used. They sort of went in a slightly different direction as I was being put onto something else. Plus, I was on NWN2 for a very short time, so I don't feel comfortable meddling in the NWN2 boards since I'm not part of that team. What I'm currently doing is under wraps and anything I would post would surely be a lawsuit.

Project New Jersey eh? Drawing snow white style dwarves hmmm? all rendered in the gorgeous U3 engine huh?

I'm on to you Menze.....