The art of Darth Sion

Another question: Do you ever get annoyed if you are given a specific task to do, spend a long time on it only to be told that it isn't needed any more?

That would annoy the hell outta me.

Well, yes that would annoy me, normally. That particular situation though was a little different in that I moved on to something else. Still, those types of things are part of the job really. I'm at the conceptual level, so many of my ideas are squashed. I'm still learning how to deal with it. Sometimes I get really angry and find myself arguing emotionally instead of rationally. I love my job and the people I work with though, even the people who make my days hell.

To keep this on topic - I remember Sion being the most difficult character to hammer out. Avellone is sometimes very particular and in the case of Sion, it seemed as though I just couldn't bring forth the look and appeal Chris wanted. The caped Sion is someone else's attempt because I was running out of ideas. We ended up going with my initial idea, but I think Avellone and I both felt we didn't quite get him right and having to resort to an idea that you know isn't great is a terrible feeling. On the flip side I think I nailed Nihilus right away. So well infact, that he became an icon for the game. So I have to mentally latch on to those days to get me through te bad ones.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

On difficulty: Has working on PNJ been more challenging than working on K2 was?

Edit: A dev's going to answer to me! A dev is going to answer to me! Yay!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So far, yes. I can't go into why, but "difficult" would be the nice way of saying it. But when things work out the reward is greater. Especially for me. Looking back though, KOTOR2 was one of the most painless projects I've worked on. It seemed like we just sailed throughh it. Even when there bumps, they seemed minor, at least from my perspective. Others on the team may say differently, I don't know. For me though, it was a great time and possibly one my top three projects to have ever been a part of.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

Thanks. It's good to see devs replying.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump up this old topic but I do require a little assistance. Not with Darth Sion neccesairly but Concept Art in general. Does anyone have the Atton concept art? Like the avatars here. I'm running out of images for the signatures. :lol:

(lets hope Brian will come out of hiding to save the day. ;) )

Edited by Wild Storm