Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic

kumquatq3

Which one you prefer, hun? post-15284-1134168228.gif

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

-'t.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Having most of the Euros getting easy groups that they'll probably get through just perpetuates the belief that they're better than the US.  Germany and Spain's groups are jokes.

You're in group with two of them, or are they too 'big' for you? Czech Republic is only 10 million people, so exactly what "mini Euro nations" is it you want to play against I wonder? Monaco, Luxemburg? I'm sorry, they didn't qualify.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Group A

1.Germany

2.Costa Rica

3.Poland

4.Ecuador

Easy ride for the hosts. Second place looks like a battle between Poland and Ecuador and should be quite open. Poland are very uneven which could work against them.

1. Germany

2. Ecuador

3. Poland

4. Costa Rica

Group B

1.England

2.Paraguay

3.Trinidad and Tobago

4.Sweden

Of particular interest to me, of course. It's fairly open between the top three (Trinidad & Tobago the obvious losers here), but I expect England and Sweden to go through. Paraguay are a quality side, but their star player Roque Santa Cruz is plagued by injury and there's also my national pride to take into account.

1. England

2. Sweden

3. Paraguay

4. Trinidad & Tobago

Group C

1.Argentina

2.C

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Another tough group. Italy remain favourites alongside the Czechs. Pavel Nedved is back and could make the difference. The US and Ghana could pose a threat but at least one of them is definitely out.

1. Czech Republic

2. Italy

3. Ghana

4. USA

You have made a powerful enemy this day.

Of particular interest to me, of course. It's fairly open between the top three (Trinidad & Tobago the obvious losers here), but I expect England and Sweden to go through. Paraguay are a quality side, but their star player Roque Santa Cruz is plagued by injury and there's also my national pride to take into account.

1. England

2. Sweden

3. Paraguay

4. Trinidad & Tobago

What a load of Twaddle! Trinidad and Tobago will pwn j00. When T&T hoist the trophy above their heads, I'll be here to see you eat your words.

trinidae3mc.gif

Forged from the Love of Liberty

in the Fires of Hope and Prayer

with boundless faith in our destiny

We solemnly declare

Side by Side we stand

Islands of the blue Caribbean Sea

This our native land

we pledge our lives to thee

Here every creed and race

find an equal place

And may God bless our nation

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Group H

1.Spain

2.Ukraine

3.Tunisia

4.Saudi Arabia

I'm tempted to brag and all that, but considering how we almost didn't qualify, I'd better not. Somebody would surely use it to undermine my credibility in some completely unrelated topic or other. You necroposters and archivists know who you are.

And since our coach recently said that Netherlands isn't one of the tough teams of the tournament, my faith in his abilities and therefore in our chances has decreased somewhat.

I'm with whoever said that the US team is underrated. Not so underrated as to progress past the second round, though. Their group is tough and second place means facing Brazil certain death.

So, sorry Commie, but it ain't gonna happen. :huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Me and the rest of the world?

When the US upsets the group, I expect an apology :huh:

If they do that, I'll eat a cat. :huh:

I thought you guys did that anyways?

now if you make it kirottu cat, we got something

No we just eat our Yankee thralls. Much more meaty, albeit not as tasty as a kirottu cat. :blink:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

World Cup 2006 as brought to you by Don Jaguar

Group A

1. Germany

2. Ecuador

3. Poland

4. Costa Rica

Easy group for Germany to coast though with only Ecuador providing the conciliatory South American flair.

---

Group B

1. England

2. Sweden

3. Paraguay

4. Trinidad & Tobago

Even if England were to draw with the Swedes they're likely to top the group simply by "out-whipping" Paraguay and T&T. It is possible the Swedes may cause and upset against England thereby topping the group, since they do have the likes of Ibrahimovic, Freddy Ljungberg, and Larsson.

---

Group C

1. Holland

2. Argentina

3. Ivory Coast

4. Serbia

This is of course the OTHER "Group of Death". Marco Van Basten has been building a great team and they play a very adaptable system reminiscent of Total Football. I expect both the Argies and Dutchies to beat Serbia and the Ivory Coast. Holland vs Argentina will of course be one of THE games from the group stage....but I expect The Netherlands to be the more disciplined side in the end.

Also, while Serbia may to the more technically gifted squad when compared to Ivory Coast, I believe the latter have the better people in the key positions to see them finish ahead (Drogba up front, Toure and Eboue in defence).

---

Group D

1. Mexico

2. Portugal

3. Angola

4. Iran

While Angola and Iran should fulfill their role as group whipping boys, I feel that Mexico (as a force in international soccer), has firmly been on the ascendancy during the last few years, while Portugal on the other hand has been in decline. Their so called "Golden Generation" spearheaded by Luis Figo has failed to deliver. Further, Mexico have well established themselves to play an entertaining, attacking style.

---

Group E

1. Czech Rep.

2. Italy

3. USA

4. Ghana

Poor, poor USA. In any other group they could and perhaps should go through (with perhaps the exception of Grp C). In terms of technique, the Czechs are one of the strongest teams in Europe, and Italia has one of the most talented squads in the tournament. Unless Italy choke (again!) I can't see USA going through.

---

Group F

1. Brazil

2. Australia

3. Japan

4. Croatia

Brazil are hands down my favorites for the tournaments. Ronaldo + Ronaldinho + Adriano + Robinho = GOALS, GOALS and more GOALS!

You might be wondering what I'm smoking to expect the Aussies to finish 2nd, but they're being coached by the exceptionally gifted and successful trainer, Guus Hiddink. Hiddink has previously twice reached the Semi-Finals of a World Cup, with Holland in '98, and South Korea in 2002.

---

Group G

1. France

2. S. Korea

3. Switzerland

4. Togo

Pires, Vieira, Zidane and Thierry Henry effectively should seal the deal for France. I can't really see South Korea having any problems going through as Togo and the Swiss are both rather weak. With the exception of Senderos, I can't really think of one international class player the Swiss have. That being said, surely they're better than a Togo.

---

Group H

1. Spain

2. Ukraine

3. Tunisia

4. Saudi Arabia

Arabian Frights more like it. Spain to comfortably win the group (expect a chap called Fernando Torres to make a name for himself), with Ukraine shadowing behind, and Tunis' to rejoin my supply centres in our Diplomacy game where they belong.

manthing2.jpg

I think you're wrong about Portugal, after having seen them perform in the EU Championship.

Also, Croatia has a good team that beat the Swedes twice (if memory serves), I should think they'd be better than the Aussies (no offence).

DENMARK!