The Religion Thread

Blank

Immaculate conception is actually scientifically possible...except that since it's caused when two eggs fuse and the result fertilises, the result is always female. However, in turkeys, Y chromosomes are produced by the female reproductive organs.

So, the big question: Was Jesus a girl or a turkey? ;):-"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Immaculate conception is actually scientifically possible...except that since it's caused when two eggs fuse and the result fertilises, the result is always female.  However, in turkeys, Y chromosomes are produced by the female reproductive organs.

So, the big question: Was Jesus a girl or a turkey?  ;)  :-"

How do these immaculately conceived turkeys taste, they sound delicious

EDIT: I put concepted instead of conceived and didn't want to appear as dumb or foreign

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I guess they taste like Jesus.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just think that they went a little too literal when Jesus told those tax collectors "Eat me!" right before going on a rampage. Of course what they didn't tell you is that was just a distraction fow while he was doing that his disciples snuck in and took a bit for themselves to fund his sermons. Thusly the tradition of the Church being tax exempt begun.

but Mary was still a virgin, since there are two passages in in different books of the Bible that talk about it and all the context points to her being a virgin. (Luke 1:26-37, Matthew 1:18-19)

That won't work. If you're really interested in the truth, you have to start without pre-conceived notions. You can't find an answer if you're convinced you already know the answer.

The word "virgin" in our language is not the same as the original texts. You're still holding onto that mistaken notion, that words equal the same words linguistically across all language families, which is not true. There are several words for "love," for instance, in some languages, which all have different meanings.

The Bible has gone through a multitude of re-translations and mistranslations over the centuries. The one most people have is not the "word of God" anymore, but more like the "retold and remastered and told through several distorted tunnel-shaped holes word."

Edited by Vashanti
evil_twin.jpg

That won't work.  If you're really interested in the truth, you have to start without pre-conceived notions.  You can't find an answer if you're convinced you already know the answer. 

The word "virgin" in our language is not the same as the original texts.  You're still holding onto that mistaken notion, that words equal the same words linguistically across all language families, which is not true.  There are several words for "love," for instance, in some languages, which all have different meanings. 

The Bible has gone through a multitude of re-translations and mistranslations over the centuries.  The one most people have is not the "word of God" anymore, but more like the "retold and remastered and told through several distorted tunnel-shaped holes word."

so you are saying, that the whole passage is made up? or if it is twisted, that would've been the most boring story if it wasn't twisted.

did you even read the passages? did you see the context that the word "virgin" was used in? did you see that the matthew passage doesn't even use the word "virgin"? i mean, you might as well reject the whole Bible if we are going to not work with pre-conceived notions. we have to assume some of the answers here. it's a faith-assertion.

... you might as well reject the whole Bible if we are going to not work with pre-conceived notions. we have to assume some of the answers here. it's a faith-assertion.

Sometimes you have to start with a blank slate in order to reach the truth. If you're truly serious about wanting to know what the original texts say, then there is a long road ahead of you in terms of study, research, linguistics, etc. Filling in the blanks beforehand would be like skipping ahead in a crossword puzzle without studying the clues and analyzing them... :wub:

evil_twin.jpg

you might as well reject the whole Bible if we are going to not work with pre-conceived notions.

Now you're starting to make some sense :ermm:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

and cannabilism. They do eat a representation of the flesh of christ do they not?

The blooddrinking is the root of the vampire mythology. It also goes back to the Aztecs where the blood of kings was considered divine and they used to slice open their own scrotums and use the blood in rituals. Not so good to be king in those days :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i mean, you might as well reject the whole Bible if we are going to not work with pre-conceived notions. we have to assume some of the answers here. it's a faith-assertion.

Exactly, and once you do that. There goes most of your "evidence". The bibles been translated and mistranslated so many times what ever original message was there is long gone.

Cant really blame the monks though, its not like they worked in the best of conditions.

That is the difference between looking for truth and looking for your truth.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It also goes back to the Aztecs where the blood of kings was considered divine and they used to slice open their own scrotums and use the blood in rituals. Not so good to be king in those days  :lol:

It sounds sort of like those wierdo's who nail their knobs to planks :ermm:

Catholics and cannabilism. They do eat a representation of the flesh of christ do they not?

Yeah,then they fight wars over whether it's a metaphor for the flesh of christ or it becomes his flesh through divine grace. :rolleyes: Seems a bit silly to me but whatever...

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

It also goes back to the Aztecs where the blood of kings was considered divine and they used to slice open their own scrotums and use the blood in rituals. Not so good to be king in those days  :lol:

It sounds sort of like those wierdo's who nail their knobs to planks :-

Catholics and cannabilism. They do eat a representation of the flesh of christ do they not?

Yeah,then they fight wars over whether it's a metaphor for the flesh of christ or it becomes his flesh through divine grace. :- Seems a bit silly to me but whatever...

John 6:25-70, Matthew 26:26, Mark 14:22

Judge for yourself what you think He is saying... figurative or not?

Blank thinks it is figurative

Edited by Blank

You'n Kevin Smith Lucius.

I think he raises some interesting points, imagine the Christian right wing if they found out that God was female and Christ black. I'd go get myself a truck load of popcorn ffs.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.