Japan Does It Again

I though so. Thanks SP

HellKitty yes there is a young girls are attractive in all societies thinking, but Japan takes it to a higher level than other countries. The School Girls underwear vending machines is one such example, as is the game being mentioned in the threads title.

Sorry, it may seem harmless, but I

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Underwear vending machnes aren't proof of a Japanese obsession with underage girls anymore than the adult stores all across the US, Europe and Australia are proof that  Westerners are sexual deviants.

I would never say all of Japan is obsessed with underage girls, as I would never say all Americans are arrogant or all Canadians are like Volourn (scary thought). But I do (and did) state that it seems to be accepted in their culture over other cultures, imo. I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I have to say I agree with Hell Kitty.

Child pageants are just downright creepy.

I dont find the underwear machines creepy because there is no direct contact involved it's not at all personal. Odd and mind boggling , yes, but not creepy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How much can one make by offering their used underwear for sale in a vending machine? I have lots! But I'm quite a ways past thirteen, sadly. Or happily! Depending on your point of view. :p

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

it seems to be accepted in their culture over other cultures

I think unusual sexual fetishes are just as accepted in Japan as they are in the west. And by "accepted" I pretty much mean only that they are legal. People might know of them but unless they are into them they aren't going to be discussed over the dinner table.

I imagine Japanese respond to underwear vending machines the same way Australians respond to sex shops - there are people who use them, people who don't care, and the religious right who attempt to destroy them. It's not like a Japanese woman is going to bring home her son a copy of "Tentacle Rape Monster Super Happy Fun Edition #7" any more than an American mum is going to bring home her son a copy of "**** In Her Eye #9".

As for child pageants, haven't you ever heard of the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder Case? That was my introduction into the childhood beauty pageant world.

Check this:

http://www.universalroyalty.com/

out and tell me it doesn't seem exceptionally creepy... :thumbsup:

Edited by Hell Kitty

Check this:

out and tell me it doesn't seem exceptionally creepy...  >_<

That's exceptionally creepy. :blink: I thought they were dolls at first. But is it the fact that they do this at all (perhaps as a one-off) that's the problem, or the fact that they seem to exist on a circuit of such events, going from one event to another and losing their childhood in the process?

Before I arrived at a job in a Japanese junior high school, my female predecessor told me that the girl students (aged 12-15) were made to show their underwear to the sports teachers (male and female) so they could check that they were wearing proper uniform knickers. Apparently the practice was stopped during her time in the school, though she never found out how or why.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Check this:

out and tell me it doesn't seem exceptionally creepy...  >_<

That's exceptionally creepy. :blink: I thought they were dolls at first. But is it the fact that they do this at all (perhaps as a one-off) that's the problem, or the fact that they seem to exist on a circuit of such events, going from one event to another and losing their childhood in the process?

That's Texas, though. Japan isn't so far away, in terms of cultural oddities.

I don't see what's so surprising about obsession over "underage" girls (a term that must be qualified given the wide varying definition of underage across cultures), given traditional Asian notions of beauty. If anything, the Western fascination with overendowment is more inexplicable, given the unwieldiness of plastic boobs :thumbsup:"

There are doors

With its general social acceptance of sexuality, I wonder why Japan hasn't removed its mandatory censoring of genitalia.  It seems like a very archaic law.

I thought that law was recently changed? Maybe plans to change it or something. For a pack of sexual deviants they sure are a bunch o' prudes.

Ah, I didn't know that. Have any links by chance?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Actually Japan has very low crime rate, sex crimes included. So in a way it is healthy and that is even more strange.

That may well be true, which is great.

Also violent games like Manhunt, GTA:SA etc. are generally looked down upon and don't nearly sell as well as elsewhere.

Still, Japanese culture/lifeview of uber-drive to always succeed and perform perfectly maybe creates too much pressure. Maybe all the weird is just ways of giving way to creativity. As one thing I can say is that the Japanese are very creative and imaginative. :p"

Freaky linkies:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1854972,00.html

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/internation...1635369,00.html

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getart...n20040603a1.htm

http://www.4law.co.il/sasebo1.htm

Edited by zer"0"

Plus other things, but hopefully the foulness of stuff like this isn't particularly controversial among the adult members of this board.

That's fucking sick.

I was wondering how you got that past the filter.

F(SIZE=3)u(/SIZE)ck.

() = []

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds