If Obsidian will make KotOR3, you will purchase it

Luke77

If Obsidian will make KotOR3, you will purchase it?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If Obsidian will make KotOR3, you will purchase it?

• I am a big StarWars fan, so I will purchase it, even if it may contain many bugs!
    • I liked both KotORs, so I will purchase it and hope that it will contain only a few minor bugs!
    • I will wait to see the reactions of the gamers who will purchase it immediately after it's apparition!
    • I will purchase KotOR3 only if KotOR3 will not be made by Obsidian!
    • I will not purchase KotOR3, even if KotOR3 will not be made by Obsidian, because the publisher will remain the same LucasArts!

Hades scores are always in the negatives so why bother.

Except for Fallout.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Score I gave KotOR 1 was a A-/B+. KotOr 2 got a B-/C+. I don't see that being in the negatives. Just because I concentrate on the aspects of the game that are crap does not mean I don't like that particular game. I mainly focus on the negative aspects because everyone else is focused on the positive aspect of the game.

I would buy it unless a bunch of monkeys were working on it like EA.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Uh-huh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thought there was a reason why I disliked them. Damn large companies buying out the little ones that are good.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Doubtful. I might be convinced to warez it, however.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Since Troika unfortunately has disbanded and some have joined with Obsidian (Horay! and hopefully they all will) it would be really nice to see what kind of game the old fallout crew could make...KotOR3 or new IP. Bloodlines and Lightsabers, whoa... (w00t)

(Signatures: disabled) 

Maybe the pirates will iron out the runtime bugs ... :lol:"

As a funny aside, I remember when many people were reporting bizarre problems about the Half-Life expansion Opposing Forces.

They were all up in a rage, and many were contacting tech support and whatnot. It turns out though, that the problem only existed in the pirated version. I heard there were many bannings on the gearbox forums :-

Kotor 3 with the Source Engine. 

I'd be too distracted watching the lip-synching....assuming they did it as well as Valve (I was less impressed with Bloodlines' lip-synching).

Edited by alanschu

I didn't see any problem with Bloodlines and lip synching. But thyen again my gaming experiance with 3D games is limited.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Maybe the pirates will iron out the runtime bugs ... :lol:"

As a funny aside, I remember when many people were reporting bizarre problems about the Half-Life expansion Opposing Forces.

They were all up in a rage, and many were contacting tech support and whatnot. It turns out though, that the problem only existed in the pirated version. I heard there were many bannings on the gearbox forums :devil:

I remember a story about AutoCAD (y'know, the Computer Aided Design package that invented and defined the market, and came with a hardware copy-protection device, connected via the serial port, called a dongle?): apparently the 3D wire models were degrading after a certain (predictable) amount of time. So, after a couple of weeks, the model would slowly lose it's vertical integrity and look like it was melting.

Turns out that this was due to the pirated versions not completely duplicating the functionality of the dongle: there was some dimensional constant that used a value from the device as a reference, and when it was absent the Y axis would deteriorate asymptotically. Very fiendish copy protection, worthy of admiration!

The closest I ever heard of for the black hats was a virus that installed itself as an encrypting hash algorithm between a database engine and its data; after a number of weeks (a couple of months, IIRC, enough to affect all normal archives in the backup cycle) it would then delete itself and leave the engine with an encrypted database. That's one pee'ed off ex-employee! (Not sure if the perpetrator was caught.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would not mind getting a third game for Kotor, but I would observe how it turns out instead of holding initial expectations like the ones for K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧