Relationships Thread 2

dufflover

What do you think about a Friendship vs Relationship?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about a Friendship vs Relationship?

• They are (or should) be left completely separate
    • Friendship can become a Relationship but it's risky (can't go back)
    • Friendship is the pre-requisite to a relationship
    • Relationships usually end up becoming just Friendships
    • Other
    • No opinion except that you ain't got a chance right now

+10 T.O.M.B.S. points for everone who posted in this thread previous to this post.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

come on...back to it :)"

Although I don't have those "principles" I do have one common thing with that guy and that is I usually won't go starting conversations (in 1-on-1 case) unless like I want a bit of help with something, usually just Uni work or something. Now it's definitely not a principle of mine; it's just a confidence thing which we've already talked heaps about. This is probably more into general people skills now but I do try to keep conversations going and I have made a few bad jokes over the times :geek: but it manages to keep it going.

Now with the whole staring thing that's just weird. Uhh, not too sure what I'd do cos it's never happened but I'm pretty sure I won't just stare back. If it's like pretty far away then I probably would just end up "getting back to work", again cos of confidence. If it's like on the same or adjacent table (lol, where are we..?) then I would probably ask what she's thinking, depending on the expression.

seem to have decided that means she is not really a young female university student, but a figment of a young male university student's mind.

you insulted my imaginary friend ;) !.

Well I'm not sure if I said this before but I'm a Uni student too; 20, 3rd Year Computer Engineering/Science (out of 5 years), final 3rd year exam on Thursday :) , University of Melbourne.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

as a wise poster once said, "everybody here is a man until i see what they actually are in person"

It's cool kiddo... you're entitled to believe what you want about me ^_^

i guess since i'll never meet you in person, i might as well interact with your character as though you are actually a woman, which you may very well be, or not be. But it will be more enjoyable this way, i'm sure.

Edited by Blank

as a wise poster once said, "everybody here is a man until i see what they actually are in person"

Pessimistic way of thinking. I'd like to think everybody here is a hot single woman until proven otherwise.

Playing a dangerous game there, Old Man. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Pessimistic way of thinking. I'd like to think everybody here is a hot single woman until proven otherwise.

yeah man, but if you're wrong? it would be beyond shocking to meet the hot lady aliased "Katie135" and discover that she is a grotesque burly biker dude with mental issues. I will give some ground, but to consider everyone a hot single woman is too dangerous if you want to keep your sanity.

EDIT: okay, i am being too serious. i realize you are joking. but i guess i am being defensive because my view of who the people here are is being shattered. must. stop. being. serious.

Edited by Blank

You're kidding, right? :o

Launch has allllways been a chick. The Kaftan alt thing just happens to be a recurrent joke here.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

On the other hand lovewolf, how are you so sure she is a chick? What special info do you have that eliminates all doubt in your mind?

You are correct my gorilla acquaintance. Just when you think you are sure about somebody's gender alignment, -BAM- it can be gone in a flash.

On the other hand lovewolf, how are you so sure she is a chick? What special info do you have that eliminates all doubt in your mind?

You are correct my gorilla acquaintance. Just when you think you are sure about somebody's gender alignment, -BAM- it can be gone in a flash.

I have an odd affliction that seems to be affecting less and less people these days. That annoying trust thing... :(

Edit: A little help here would be appreciated, Ms. Launch. :ermm: Perhaps a pic or something. :o

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

Unless you're like going for an internet friendship/relationship does it really matter? All the suggestions and contributions people have made all seem quite proper to me - most of it is gender independent anyway cos it's all common sense stuff. Like "go and explore your own interests first"; that could've come from a man or woman and it wouldn't mean anything different be any less sincere. console0zh.gif

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Unless you're like going for an internet friendship/relationship does it really matter?

i don't know, i oftentimes become caught up with "petty" things and they seem very important to me for a moment. And this is momentarily one of those auxilary necessities for me. i'd rather know the truth than interact ambiguously with the people on this forum. But overall i won't mind too much, the hilarious banter remains.

Unless you're like going for an internet friendship/relationship does it really matter?

i don't know, i oftentimes become caught up with "petty" things and they seem very important to me for a moment. And this is momentarily one of those auxilary necessities for me. i'd rather know the truth than interact ambiguously with the people on this forum. But overall i won't mind too much, the hilarious banter remains.

What does it matter... everyone is Eldars alt anyway

Edit: A little help here would be appreciated, Ms. Launch.  :ermm:  Perhaps a pic or something.  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yeah, I know. >_<

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

Edit: A little help here would be appreciated, Ms. Launch.  >_<  Perhaps a pic or something.  :rolleyes:

:ermm:

Launch, if you are a lady, i recommend not posting your picture. i am sure you didn't need my recommendation, but just in case... to protect you... from guys like us...

Edited by Blank

:D

Intended it as a joke. She knows better.

And, on topic...I'd definitely love for my girl to also be my friend, since, I believe, in order to make a relationship long-lasting, and to keep it from turning sour down the road, a friendship is almost required.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast