Relationships Thread 2

dufflover

What do you think about a Friendship vs Relationship?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about a Friendship vs Relationship?

• They are (or should) be left completely separate
    • Friendship can become a Relationship but it's risky (can't go back)
    • Friendship is the pre-requisite to a relationship
    • Relationships usually end up becoming just Friendships
    • Other
    • No opinion except that you ain't got a chance right now

This might seem like a strange question, but why would you includw the girl's nationality in that story?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I met my hubby through some work friends, we all hung out together occasionally for a while. He and I never really spent time 'alone', always with those friends around. I didn't even find him initally attractive.
When we broke up I met this other girl (Italian+Portuguese) we fell for each other quickly and I'm with her to this day. I'm happy every second I'm around her.

I think this is a good example of showing what I'd think of friendship vs relationship. Like if you meet someone and fall for them quickly you'd be making a friendship to get a relationship, where as LadyCrimson had the situation I'd be thinking of more with two people being "normal" friends then one day just falling for each other. Ofcourse it's hard to know if the other person had wanted a relationship all along and was very, very patient...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I'll see if I can find out what happened but I do remember reading that the last couple of pages were a bit graphic in some of the suggestions being offered.

so... any progress on that thread? preferably keeping it present in locked mode so we can refer to it as history?

Also, i was arguing with a friend, and i wanted to ask the two women on this thread if they feel oppressed when being called a girlfriend when it "should" be womanfriend. because i just have never thought it was oppressive, just an unintentioned figure of speech.

Edited by Blank

Also, i was arguing with a friend, and i wanted to ask the two women on this thread if they feel oppressed when being called a girlfriend

Nope, doesn't bother me one whit.

But then, I don't generally find being called 'honey' or 'babe' or 'sugar' offensive either.

Women's rights (or anyone's rights) is good and all, but when it comes to words, it's just how it's used, what tone it's said in, and the situation, not the word itself. Sometimes, people need to relax.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If two people were a couple I would've thought it was a compliment to be associated as someone's girlfriend/boyfriend, even if talking about full adults.

You'd find out pretty quickly I reckon if you had a chance with anyone who takes offence at that cos you'd find out during the "friendship" stage.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Also, i was arguing with a friend, and i wanted to ask the two women on this thread if they feel oppressed when being called a girlfriend when it "should" be womanfriend. because i just have never thought it was oppressive, just an unintentioned figure of speech.

I've never known any girl ever being offended or who has felt oppressed to be referred to as someone's girlfriend and I wouldn't see it that way either :)

If my boyfriend called me his "womanfriend" I'd think he was insane (he'd get this look from me: :huh: )... I've never heard of that term before... and if I felt I was too old to considered a "girlfriend" I'd rather he called me his "partner" even though that term makes me think of business suits :-

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I'd rather he called me his "partner" even though that term makes me think of business suits  :)

This has made think of a question for people who have had more luck than me in social life (lol, everyone); say you're looking for a date for a formal occasion, like an awards night for your local sports team (or for the whole sport) and you don't have a specific girlfriend, but you have female friends (all single like everyone else in your circle of friends) you can ask.

Do you think it would (or does/doesn't from personal experience) change your feelings towards them (or you to them) ? Would it make a difference if you asked them all that same time like an announcement or individually at different times? Or would you just go alone, with a relative, etc.

Note not an advice question where I'm looking for what I should do or anything

sigpic0yb.jpg

This has made think of a question for people who have had more luck than me in social life (lol, everyone); say you're looking for a date for a formal occasion, like an awards night for your local sports team (or for the whole sport) and you don't have a specific girlfriend, but you have female friends (all single like everyone else in your circle of friends) you can ask.

Do you think it would (or does/doesn't from personal experience) change your feelings towards them (or you to them) ? Would it make a difference if you asked them all that same time like an announcement or individually at different times? Or would you just go alone, with a relative, etc.

Note not an advice question where I'm looking for what I should do or anything

First of all... you really need to stop putting yourself down... there's loads of people who are in the same or possibly worse social situations than you :)

About your question... it really shouldn't change your feelings for them... not unless something happened at the occasion... my uni holds many, many Balls throughout the year and I always go with my friends in a group... none of us ever ask our boyfriends... but maybe Balls are done differently in Australia... I don't suggest you ask multiple girls to a formal occasion... I'd suggest it'd be best to ask just one... if she's a friend she'd go, so you wouldn't need to ask more than one girl

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Also, i was arguing with a friend, and i wanted to ask the two women on this thread if they feel oppressed when being called a girlfriend

Nope, doesn't bother me one whit.

But then, I don't generally find being called 'honey' or 'babe' or 'sugar' offensive either.

Women's rights (or anyone's rights) is good and all, but when it comes to words, it's just how it's used, what tone it's said in, and the situation, not the word itself. Sometimes, people need to relax.

Thank you. that's what i think too : ) My friend went into a word analysis and was annoyed that our culture is too male-dominant: that boys "turn into" men much more quickly than girls to women. And that even though one would think having boys turn into men quicker would lower the overall value of being called a man because it is now closer to the level of a boy, that doesn't happen, but instead men are not regarded any lesser. I agree with the fact that people need to relax on this type of thing. If it bothers somebody, then i will respect that, but i cannot be convinced to think the same way. my friend was a guy too BTW...

I've never known any girl ever being offended or who has felt oppressed to be referred to as someone's girlfriend and I wouldn't see it that way either  :lol:

If my boyfriend called me his "womanfriend" I'd think he was insane (he'd get this look from me:  :huh: )... I've never heard of that term before... and if I felt I was too old to considered a "girlfriend" I'd rather he called me his "partner" even though that term makes me think of business suits  :ermm:

Sorry Launch, buy I wanted the answer from the 2 actual women on this forum, not any women spawned from a man's subconsious. sorry :(

I've never known any girl ever being offended or who has felt oppressed to be referred to as someone's girlfriend and I wouldn't see it that way either  :-

If my boyfriend called me his "womanfriend" I'd think he was insane (he'd get this look from me:  :huh: )... I've never heard of that term before... and if I felt I was too old to considered a "girlfriend" I'd rather he called me his "partner" even though that term makes me think of business suits  :)

Sorry Launch, buy I wanted the answer from the 2 actual women on this forum, not any women spawned from a man's subconsious. sorry :(

Um, Blank, Launch is a woman. You should learn to differentiate between humour and reality in comments posted on a foum. Launchie only posted one (humorous) comment about being located inside the psyche of Kaftan (not as painful as it sounds), and you seem to have decided that means she is not really a young female university student, but a figment of a young male university student's mind. Which is entirely wrong. Completely. Utterly. Irrevocably. Irrefutably. Irrefragibly. Ineluctably. Wrong. And bad. Bad AND wrong.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

-10 T.O.M.B.S. points Mothman.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.