Comics

Oerwinde

Yep, IGN has an article on it (yesterday, i think)

It's like $50 tho :thumbsup:

It's also, apparently, huge. Like double sized.

Its a hardcover, With a nifty slipcase., and DC lists it at 75 bucks US. Apparently they're planning a Sandman one too.

Also, in my searching for interior shots, I found out that Time magazine voted Watchmen as one of the 100 best novels of the last 80 years.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

As a kid I remember being really really really excited about the Infinite Gauntlet comics and I always was a Green Lantern fan even after the whole Hal Jordan finasco.

The last comics I really got into for a bit was 300, Preacher, Astro City and Ascension, so you can see for the most part it has been a while.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well Hal Jordan has just made the return to human life. So now the Green Lantern Corp is Hal, John, Kyle and of course Guy

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I haven't read much Green Lantern, but isn't Kyle pretty much a team all by himself?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't read much Green Lantern, but isn't Kyle pretty much a team all by himself?

Kinda... he's got the "special" ring. His personal ring is encoded with his dna so only he can use it and it automatically comes back to him. It'll always have at least a reserve charge and otherwise it's normal. Jade's power is inherent in her body. She used to be a Lantern but Kyle used his powers as Ion to reignite her own internal power.

Kyles' ring is operating at the same power as everyone elses (now). For a while he could tap the entirety of the powers of all gls... that's when he was Ion...

Anyway here's a rundown of Kyle by costume.

Origionally Kyle wore the normal Costume we saw in the Hal Jordan series. But His girlfriend at the time convinced him to make it more personal. He made up the one below. Almost immediatly after making this Major Force appeared killed Kyle's GF and stuffed her in the fridge. He went bezerk and nearly killed major force (this was in GL New Dawn)

Green%20Lantern.jpg

I can't find a good shot of Ion but it's not that big of a deal.

Quick Rundown of the "power of Ion" arc. After an encounter with a subconcious construct built by the ring called oblivion Kyle began to tap massive amounts of power. He eventually learned that in the sun there was a titanic amount of power (pretty much all the power that had been commanded by the Guardians and all it's Lanterns). This power was the power that his ring had used in making his subconcious enemy real and those that had been in Parallax before Parallax had died lighting the sun up again. Kyle took those energies and became the right hand of god (proverbially). He was able to be anywhere at any time. He was able to travel through time... all sorts of insane stuff. He finially found his real dad and sorted things out. In the end he tosses his power and recreated the guardians and makes his costume and Ring again. (he also cut his hair). Thus we get this guy after the Power of Ion is over.

green%20lantern%20151.jpg

From what little I know about the lanterns, Kyle was my favorite just based on the fact that being a graphic artist, and the power of the ring being pretty much limited by your imagination(and its stored energy, I know), he could do a lot more with the same power that the others could do. Like instead of creating a big green fist and hitting a guy with it, he could create a big green dragon to face off with him.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is that the guys who also carry a lamp to charge the ring with? I never dug those high-level invincible superhero comics, seeing the world saved from bignastyalieninvinciblethreatX for the 400th time got old

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is that the guys who also carry a lamp to charge the ring with? I never dug those high-level invincible superhero comics, seeing the world saved from bignastyalieninvinciblethreatX for the 400th time got old

yep... except it's got a 24 hr time limit, is limited by willpower, and you can't touch yellow. The first time Hal Jordan used it he was Iroically hit by a yellow table lamp when the bad guys tried to get away.

I donno.. I don't get issues, I get the collections from borders... I'm waiting for Emerald Rebirth to hit paperback

I'm big into trades too. Its much more satisfying to be able to sit down and read one for an hour, rather than the 10 minutes or less it takes to read a single issue. You get whole storylines that way too.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bump

So what are people's thoughts on the whole Dreamwave fiasco a while back?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Favorite comic: Kabuki, check it out if you haven't it's truly amazing.

Favorite writer: David Mack - Kabuki is amazing and his work on Daredevil (at least parts of a hole which is what I've read) was spectacular. Mark Millar gets honorary mentions though. Warren Ellis and Garth Ennis as well.

Favorite artist: This is a tough one, there are so many good ones. But I fell in love with Bryan Hitch in his Authority days, so I'll go with him.

Favorite painter: David Mack - although not everything he does is painted, his stuff is always visually fantastic.

Favorite colorist (as Kaftan mentioned they get way too little credit): Pamela Rambo - look at the earlier issues of Preacher, then look at the later ones. That's how much a colorist means.

Never heard of it.

Dreamwave was probably the hottest up and coming comic publisher. They had the Transformers license and it was selling like mad. They also managed to get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Capcom licenses, which were selling pretty well as well. It looked like nothing could go wrong, then out of nowhere, they announced they were bankrupt and going out of business. Their employees found out when they made the press release. Turned out that Pat Lee, the guy running the company, had signed dreamwave up to do all sorts of free work, signed deals for licenses that didn't make any sense and such, just because he was a fanboy and wanted to be able to work on the comics. Then he found out that they had no money to pay anyone, so he went and did some high profile projects that made a big name for himself, got himself a really good job at Marvel, then announced the company's bankruptcy. So most of the employees were screwed out of like 4 months or more in pay.

Favorite artist: This is a tough one, there are so many good ones. But I fell in love with Bryan Hitch in his Authority days, so I'll go with him.

Bryan Hitch is really good, but he's really slow. He's the reason The Ultimates is bi-monthly

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow, you're old!

Knock that **** off! I'm 43 ;) . I used to collect the Avengers comics when they had Vision, The Scarlet Witch and the Swordsman.

How's it feel to be called 'old' by a punk? :lol:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

No, you see, I was serious. 

At least about you Mr. Tarna sir.  The Americium 241 coil?  Stroke of genius!

The benefits/detriments of drinking too much when you don't like someone. :p

It's also what happens when you take too many things apart to see how they work ( smoke detectors ). I still have several microcuries of Americium BTW. Where did you say you lived??? :lol:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.