A few questions concerning DS playthrough.

Just finished playing through as a darkside exile. I hadn't played since the game first came out so some of this i didn't remember.

1. When i was on Onderon i sided with Vaklu completely. Colonel Tobin gets trashed by the beast used to break through the shield in the Palace but unlike the LS playthrough Kreia doesn't bother with him so i assumed he died there.

But of course he shows up on the Ravager and the dialog is the EXACT SAME as if i played LS and sided with the Queen.

"Have you come to... kill me? The final insult... stripping Onderon, my soldiers, my home from me... only to have me die here." Of course i did none of that since i allied with him and Vaklu.

Was this just a oversight by the game creators perhaps?

2. When i return to Telos again in order to get to the Ravager, even though i completely sided with Czerka prior in the game, if i talk to the Ithorian Chodo Habat he talks as if i sided with him and ran Czerka off. And of course when i ask Kreia about Telos at the end of the game she confirms that Czerka controls the planet.

So again, is this a bug or just another oversight?

3. Not being nitpicky here but i was wondering how does Kreia and the Handmaiden escape Dantooine to get to the Telos Academy? I noticed Atton was beat up when i got back to the ship of course but am i suppoed to assume that they went all the way there and back on the Ebon Hawk before i could jog back from the Ruins?!?

4. In my first playthrough as a LS exile, i would hit LS mastery and have 100% influence with the jedies in my party, Handmadien, Mira and Visas. But they wouldn't have the lightside mastery bonus. Visas i could understand since she is supposed to be a Sith so LS mastery would be the opposite for her maybe?!?

But the other two also come up short of their mastery. The bar is just barely below where it should be for mastery for LS.

And i know exactly how much influence i have with them cause i installed the Remote Influence mod where Remote will tell you what influence you have with party members.

But when i played through as a DS exile, I got DS mastery and 100% influence with the same three party members and they hit mastery and got their bonus just fine.

And i know for sure they didn't get the bonus for LS cause i stripped them of their equipment when i leveled them up and doublechecked the stats just to see if the mastery stat was just hidden for some reason.

So is this a bug or what?

5. Playing the DS exile, after Kreia kicks your butt on Dantooine and leaves your party, instead of it being Darth Traya standing there in the loading screen (the one with New Game, Load Game, Movies..etc..) its the exile. Is that due to you being DS or is it cause its my second playthrough?

6. Last question for now. Playing DS exile, when i arrive at the Dantooine Ruins, (all the masters are dead of course) what the heck happens with Kreia there??? I read through the dialog again afterward but its just cryptic as f***!

I kinda sorta not really get the general idea sorta but perhaps some of the gurus here might be able to clear up that completely vague dialog exchange.

Thanks for the replies in advance. If your not sure or don't know what your talking about btw then don't try to answer. <_<

Edit:

7. Another question, at the end of the game when your asking Darth Traya about the future of your allies, if your DS and have Hanharr instead of Mira in your party, she never mentions him. Is this a bug perhaps?

Edited by cerealkiller

1 & 2: Oversights.

3: You were unconscious for ages. She uses the same technique to kill

and strip the force from the Jedi Masters.

4: No idea, sorry.

5: Because you're DS I played DS first time and got that. It doesn't show you with the DS taint though, which is dumb. I preferred when Traya was there on my second playthrough.

6: She's disappointed in you for being consumed by bloodlust and vengeance. It's proof that you learned nothing of what she taught... If it's the same scene. See, I killed the final Master at the Enclave so the dialogue may have been different.

5. Playing the DS exile, after Kreia kicks your butt on Dantooine and leaves your party, instead of it being Darth Traya standing there in the loading screen (the one with New Game, Load Game, Movies..etc..) its the exile. Is that due to you being DS or is it cause its my second playthrough?

It's because you are DS and the upcoming Sith Lord. Love that.

Last question for now. Playing DS exile, when i arrive at the Dantooine Ruins, (all the masters are dead of course) what the heck happens with Kreia there??? I read through the dialog again afterward but its just cryptic as f***!

She'll be waiting for you on Malachor V :)

Last question for now. Playing DS exile, when i arrive at the Dantooine Ruins, (all the masters are dead of course) what the heck happens with Kreia there??? I read through the dialog again afterward but its just cryptic as f***!

She'll be waiting for you on Malachor V :x

Yeah...in here new Victoria's Secret thongs :)"

*the image forms inside my head*

OMG :x:mellow::cat::wub:

She'll be waiting for you on Malachor V ;)

Yeah...in here new Victoria's Secret thongs :-"

*the image forms inside my head*

OMG :x:-:wacko::p

lol

But the other two also come up short of their mastery. The bar is just barely below where it should be for mastery for LS.

And i know exactly how much influence i have with them cause i installed the Remote Influence mod where Remote will tell you what influence you have with party members.

But when i played through as a DS exile, I got DS mastery and 100% influence with the same three party members and they hit mastery and got their bonus just fine.

IIRC, you can only get your NPC's to LS or DS mastery if your class is a Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

IIRC, you can only get your NPC's to LS or DS mastery if your class is a Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

Negitive. When i played through this time as DS exile i was Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder and they got mastery just fine.

All Lord or Master does is make it easier to change party members alignments.

2. When i return to Telos again in order to get to the Ravager, even though i completely sided with Czerka prior in the game, if i talk to the Ithorian Chodo Habat he talks as if i sided with him and ran Czerka off. And of course when i ask Kreia about Telos at the end of the game she confirms that Czerka controls the planet.

So again, is this a bug or just another oversight?

This sorta thing bugs me in K1 as well.

In K! you can get the Bastilla romance finished (well the interaction finished until star forge part) BUT if you play it right you can have Jollee lecture you about love after that point with Bastila there.

Even though Jollees love lecture pretains directly to you and Bastilla she stands there saying nothing at all like she wasnt there.

Both games made mistakes like this one you discribe.

Hopefully in K3 the writters will pay more attention to small details like this.

So i guess no one else is having problems with party members getting the mastery bonus playing LS exile???

I'm playing though again at the moment as LS, will be playing Jedi Sentinel/Jedi Weapon Master class. So i'll see soon if its still bugged once i convert some party members.

The only one that I have ever got to LS Mastery is Disciple, lol

I managed to get Visas, Mira, and Handmaiden mastery bonuses on Light side in one game.

I think its just a matter of not having enough content in game to actually be able to get them all to that level.

Not enough content?? Playing LS i can have them all 100% influenced and jedies before leaving Nar Shaddaa. My first planet btw. Seems to me its this buggy-ass game.

I feel like i'm beta testing kotorII half the time rather then playing it. <_<

Edited by cerealkiller

I managed to get Visas, Mira, and Handmaiden mastery bonuses on Light side in one game.

I think its just a matter of not having enough content in game to actually be able to get them all to that level.

Not enough content?? Playing LS i can have them all 100% influenced and jedies before leaving Nar Shaddaa. My first planet btw. Seems to me its this buggy-ass game.

I feel like i'm beta testing kotorII half the time rather then playing it. <_<

Not speaking about turning them jedi, that easy

speaking about getting them to LS Mastery (thats not so easy)

As I said, I basically run outta content before I can get all the turned to jedi characters LS mastery.

If your saying you have them all at LS mastery before leaving Narr Shaddar (with NS as 1st planet you goto) then your lieing im afraid. Its not doable what so ever.

Not speaking about turning them jedi, that easy

As I said, I basically run outta content before I can get all the turned to jedi characters LS mastery.

Yes, I have had this happen on numerous occasions. By the time I have gained LS mastery myself (incidentally, Disciple seems to gain LS mastery same time as I do), I just do not seem to have enough time to spend on the others...getting one NPC is bad enough, let alone the others :-

As in regards to planets, I always play Dantooine first, second, Nar Shaddaa (as you do have to go back there later to jedify Mira...or maybe thats just me, lol).

My first ever play through, I jedified Disciple, Bao-dur and Atton...but only got LS mastery for Disciple...and not, say, Bao-dur, who was always in my party.

I figured that having Bao-dur as a Jedi early in the game (second planet) that he would get LS mastery, however, that just did not happen, despite the influence gaining factor :lol:

Edited by Guest

If your saying you have them all at LS mastery before leaving Narr Shaddar (with NS as 1st planet you goto) then your lieing im afraid. Its not doable what so ever.

Then lets examine what exactly is required for them to reach mastery...

I'm refering to the only party members i bother converting to jedi, Handmadien and Mira. Visas is already jedi/sith of course. And of course my exile has already reached mastery before leaving Telos.

I'm past level 18 by the time i finish Nar Shaddaa so turning Handmadien to jedi just requires a small conversation. By that time i already have 100% influence with her. And i haven't leveled her up at all so she gets force powers from level 6 forward.

Handmadien jedi + exile LS mastery + 100% influence = LS mastery for Handmadien. correct?

Mira i can convert to jedi and reach 100% influence just from dialogue before leaving Nar Shaddaa. And i haven't leveled her up at all either so she gets force powers starting from level 6.

And yes i do defeat Hanharr, six Kath Hounds and two Ubese bounty hunters in Visquis's Lair with her at level 6. :thumbsup:

Mira jedi + exile LS mastery + 100% influence = LS mastery for Mira. correct?

Visas is easy of course. Another 100% influence with just dialogue.

My point is, all thats required for a party member to reach mastery is that the exile has mastery, that the party member is a jedi and that the exile has 100% influence with them.

So how is that not "doable what so ever" before i leave Narr Shaddar??

Then lets examine what exactly is required for them to reach mastery...

I'm refering to the only party members i bother converting to jedi, Handmadien and Mira. Visas is already jedi/sith of course. And of course my exile has already reached mastery before leaving Telos.

Aye, reaching Mastery with the Exile is doable by the end of Telos.

However, Atton will not be full light side. Which means you have to use Atton on Nar Shaddar (he reachs mastery....or close to, IF you use him in every "gain lightside" quest on Nar Shaddar.

Handmaiden can not be made full Mastery by the end of Nar Shaddar because you get her at the END of Telos, so gain no lightside points at all before Nar Shaddar. Same goes for Visas.

Bao Durs availability is limited before Nar Shaddar because the light side increases are limited on Telos once your on the land and at hidden academy.

So right there you have to choose, Do you take Atton and Handmaiden? or Visas? or Bao Dur? Your group can only have 3 members counting yourself so its impossible to get the required Lightside increases for them all.

Then you get Mira at the END of Nar Shaddar. Yes you can turn her into a jedi almost immediately, but there is no Lightside increases to be gotten to get her to full Lightside mastery. Just isnt doable!

I'm past level 18 by the time i finish Nar Shaddaa so turning Handmadien to jedi just requires a small conversation. By that time i already have 100% influence with her. And i haven't leveled her up at all so she gets force powers from level 6 forward.

Great, but if shes still level 6 and your 18, that means shes WAY WAY WAY off from lightside mastery. Unless you use the ship exploit and run the same sentances over and over and over gaining lightside points, but if you do it legit shes no where close to LS mastery if not played in group.

Handmadien jedi + exile LS mastery + 100% influence = LS mastery for Handmadien. correct?

False (unless you use exploit I listed above). Party NPCs gain Lightside influence by you doing good deeds during the playing of the game (free the child, save the queen, ect). Just converting someone to jedi requires influence over them, thats just choosing proper dialog choices, has nothing to do with gaining light side bonuses.

Mira i can convert to jedi and reach 100% influence just from dialogue before leaving Nar Shaddaa. And i haven't leveled her up at all either so she gets force powers starting from level 6.

No you cant. You get Mira at the end of Nar Shaddar. Through conversation you can gain the influence needed to turn her to jedi, but again, character influence and light side gains are two drastically different things.

And yes i do defeat Hanharr, six Kath Hounds and two Ubese bounty hunters in Visquis's Lair with her at level 6. :wub:

hehhe its doable but a pain!

Mira jedi + exile LS mastery + 100% influence = LS mastery for Mira. correct?

Again false. Party NPCs gain Lightside influence by you doing good deeds during the playing of the game (free the child, save the queen, ect). Just converting someone to jedi requires influence over them, thats just choosing proper dialog choices, has nothing to do with gaining light side bonuses.

Visas is easy of course. Another 100% influence with just dialogue.
This one is doable through dialog but Ive never seen it done in the time period of one planet. Usually spread out to 2 planets min but maybe thats just me. Give yas benifit of the doubt there.

My point is, all thats required for a party member to reach mastery is that the exile has mastery, that the party member is a jedi and that the exile has 100% influence with them. 

Well lets say your right (your not but we can run with it). You left out Bao Dur. You DONT gain light side points from just speaking to him so how you raise him so fast?

What about Atton? Again, through convo you dont gain LS points.

So how is that not "doable what so ever" before i leave Narr Shaddar??

See above. Sorry I have tried myself on multiple different games and its not doable if your not useing exploits or cheats. You run outta content when you do it straight up.

Lets not forget, K2 forces characters into your group alot more then K1 did. There are times in game when your getting huge Lightside bonuses but forced to have Mandalore and Kreia with you. The entire ending planet is basically solo so you lose out on any LS points from there on as well.

Much of your time in the hidden base on telos is solo as well (both times there).

During all these times you DONT influence your party members when you gain LS points.

Anyways, when ever I play, if im not using conversation bug/exploits (same question/statement over and over for LS increases) I run outta content in game when trying to get everyone to LS mastery. Getting them to jedi and getting their whole story is easy. Getting everyone to LS mastery isnt.

And you still face the issue that you get Mira at the end of Nar Shaddar so where all these LS points coming from for her if its the first planet you goto?

I mean there is NO LS bonuses to be gotten on Gotos yauht. No LS bonuses to be gotten in the hidden base. So where are you influencing her light side points? Conversation alone will get her to jedi but not LS mastery.

Conversation alone will get her to jedi but not LS mastery.

i'm not sure with this. it can be done through dialog. when you care for them and they see goodness in you they go lightside. for example first time i played i thought visas was good slave of nihilous and not sith because during fight with her and then in med lab i help her and did such things so i made her LS master. and when i pick her up to party she has her LS bonus. it is possible to turn companions to LS by dialog.

correct me if i'm not right

btw: sorry for the english