HIV finally curable?

jaguars4ever

As I saw on the BBC there are a number of anecdotal cases of persons, for example sexworkers, who appear to be immune to the virus.

However, I am afraid that on balance I'd believe the hospital got the test result wrong in the first place. These things happen even in the best run places. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As I saw on the BBC there are a number of anecdotal cases of persons, for example sexworkers, who appear to be immune to the virus.

However, I am afraid that on balance I'd believe the hospital got the test result wrong in the first place. These things happen even in the best run places.  :(

There are sex-workers in Africa that are exposed daily to HIV with seemingly no deleterious effects; also there have been a number of babies born to HIV positive mothers that have tested positive and then tested negative. All of these people are in serious long-term studies to help medicine understand the virus.

I had understood that there

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT