teh Smallville thread

Kor Qel Droma

I visit tv.com occasionally to check up on episodes that I missed and such. Recently I noticed an article mentioning the WB has ordered a pilot of an Aquaman show. It will use a different actor from that in the Smallville episode.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

General Zod is from the 80's, the supergirl that we know in the "main" DC universe is from here as well. They are both from a pocket universe where Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is a beneficial man who bestowed great power on that universes Lana Lang. Lana becomes supergirl. I'll get into her later...

Freudian slip Calax , or just wishful thinking ?

No just meaning I'd get into her backstory later... short version of that one is she's a genetic template that's "zero" point is Lana Langs body. All of her powers are telekenetic in nature. so she can change herself to anyone or anything and she can kick the crap out of you with the power of her mind.... then she melded her body with that of a real girl and became an angel... She's now got flaming wings and can shoot fire from her eyes

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I visit tv.com occasionally to check up on episodes that I missed and such. Recently I noticed an article mentioning the WB has ordered a pilot of an Aquaman show. It will use a different actor from that in the Smallville episode.

As a cameo appearance he was cool, but I just can't see how a series would be good. He'd have to spend every episode in the water to be able to use his powers, and that would get boring. If they want to do a smallville spinoff, use that Flash kid.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The teaser did its job. It left me wanting more.

I still think they should have just rebooted the series. Everyone is used to post crisis superman now, so why make a sequel to the pre-crisis movies? Especially when its sposed to take place years later, and they have some guy in his early 20s playing supes. Wouldn't everyone be like "Wow Clark, for a 40 year old, you don't look a day over 25!"

Devastatorsig.jpg

Superman doesn't age, apparently.

At least, that is Lex Luthor's rationale for being angry with him in the All-Star line of Superman comics.

Also, I saw the episode tonight, it was unclear who the blonde dude was in the end

either Braniac, a Zod who happens to be immune to Kryptonite, or a combination of the two

but the show hasn't gotten any better since I stopped watching it.

*shakes head* you're sure you watched it? I thought it was kinda clear with the

phantom zone portal containing Zod while Brainiac (the blonde guy) watched

and then

Clark telling Chloe afterwards that the blonde guy was a 'artificial intelligence from krypton who was working for a guy named ZOD

that's just my impression though... :wub:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I felt the actor in the trailer appeared distractingly young in comparison to the supposed timeline and events in the movie. Also, did anyone else notice the body suit he was wearing in a few scenes to give him muscles?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Its not a body suit. Yeah Brandon Routh looks young but he was 25 at time of shooting, same age as Chris Reeve when he first played Superman.

Is there any specific indication as to the length of time passed between Superman II and Returns? I haven't seen anything other than "some time has passed" or "several years later"

Who is to say Kryptonians age in the same way as humans?

Edited by Surreptishus

Its not a body suit. Yeah Brandon Routh looks young but he was 25 at time of shooting, same age as Chris Reeve when he first played Superman.

Is there any specific indication as to the length of time passed between Superman II and Returns? I haven't seen anything other than "some time has passed" or "several years later"

Who is to say Kryptonians age in the same way as humans?

Well, enough time has passed that Lois has moved on and now has like a 2 year old kid. I heard it takes place something like 10 years after superman 2.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Umm, ok then Supes' little holiday did him the world of good. :wub:

Oh btw, seen the ep. Good super fighting. Clark is dumb. Chloe has a nice ass in jeans. Why doesn't Clark continue his training? Surely now he realises he needs to know a lot more. What was the reason given for Lana's absence?

Edited by Surreptishus

Lana is going to school in the series in Metropolis, so like Lois she won't be around as much this season.

I was wondering why Jor-El didn't lend a hand once Clark removed that evil shard from the console.

I don't read a lot of Superman comics, but I know in Frank Millers' the Dark Knight Returns Batman is like 60 ish while Clark is still stuck in his early thirties, so who knows how Kryptonians age?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I came across this this afternoon and had a really good laugh so I thought I'd share:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3641

It's a casting call for the Aquaman pilot. Good Jesus WB, you cancel Angel, give up on Buffy, and give us this?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I came across this this afternoon and had a really good laugh so I thought I'd share:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3641

It's a casting call for the Aquaman pilot.  Good Jesus WB, you cancel Angel, give up on Buffy, and give us this?

They should just pick up Global Frequency.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 months later...
Finally! He flies!! Who dies though?

Probably Chloe. Lois will take her place at the Daily Planet

''I would die to protect your secret Clark'' She said in one episode this season.

And in that same episode, Lois became interested in journalism.

So Chloe dies, or Jonathan Kent.