Elder Scrolls IV missing Xbox 360 launch

kumquatq3

It was supposed to be a Gamecube game and a N64 game.  Super facelift ahoy!!

Nothing has been delayed outside of Oblivion.  Everything else is still on track for launch.  The people you know must not following games very well.

BC is useful when you have no good launch titles, that of course, is not happening with the Xbox 360.  As, like I've said several times (minus the 5 people you know that are dreadfully hurt by the selection of X360 launch games), there are a bunch of games that people are dieing to play - all of which appeal to casuals and hardcore gamers alike.  Again, except the exclusive club of your buddies that hate all things not Sony.

Sure thing.

Oh but Blu-Ray is going to make all PS3 games superior... RIGHT?!?!?!

You bought into the hype that Sony laid out.

I know , I just didnt feel the need to really twist the knife.

Sorry your wrong "Action adventure Saint's Row, originally expected in time for Christmas, is now slated for a release some time between April and June. Motorbike racer Moto GP 2006: Ultimate Racing Technology and WWII shooter The Outfit will be released in the first half of next year".

What happened to Perfect Dark ? After it got a bit of a panning by the press everything went quiet.

I could play those titles over a week and then have a doorstep for 6 months I guess :blink: The only ones in the pre order lists are Perfect Dark, Oblivion and Goatham. So I guess only 2/3rds of people are going to be dissapointed.

Blu Ray is a techological advance the PS2 took advantage of DvD , no reason to think the PS3 wont take advantage of Blu Ray in the same way. DvD certainly made FFX superior to FFIX as well as reducing disk swapping to zero.

No I've bought into nothing. I havnt even seen half the stuff your going on about because it's too far away from release to matter to me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I know , I just didnt feel the need to really twist the knife.

Nothing to twist, doodle. It's not a facelift, as the game was never released - gameplay has changed from the original conception of the N64 version.

Sorry your wrong "Action adventure Saint's Row, originally expected in time for Christmas, is now slated for a release some time between April and June. Motorbike racer Moto GP 2006: Ultimate Racing Technology and WWII shooter The Outfit will be released in the first half of next year".

THQ was never on the official launch release list, but that trio of games was on EBGames list - which is anything but official.

What happened to Perfect Dark ? After it got a bit of a panning by the press everything went quiet.

Perfect Dark still on track of a "TBD" release date. But hey, it's not a EBGames prediction, so you can't trust it, eh?

I could play those titles over a week and then have a doorstep for 6 months I guess  :blink: The only ones in the pre order lists are Perfect Dark, Oblivion and Goatham. So I guess only 2/3rds of people are going to be dissapointed.

WTF are you talking about?

Blu Ray is a techological advance the PS2 took advantage of DvD , no reason to think the PS3 wont take advantage of Blu Ray in the same way. DvD certainly made FFX superior to FFIX as well as reducing disk swapping to zero.

So now the disc medium made FFX superior to FFIX as well as reducing disc swapping? That's ridiculous... It reduced disc swapping, but the medium had absolutely no impact on making the actual game superior...

No I've bought into nothing. I havnt even seen half the stuff your going on about because it's too far away from release to matter to me.

Yeah, you've bought into it.

Those were the titles that I have seen of late. It will be the games that decide which system I will be buying, not the hardware specs. Right now I am leaning towards PS3, so unless X Box 360 has several impressive games that will be released within months of its launch I am heading towards Sony land.

Sorry, yet another lame arse Madden title or a shooter isn't going to cut it.

Nothing to twist, doodle.  It's not a facelift, as the game was never released - gameplay has changed from the original conception of the N64 version.

THQ was never on the official launch release list, but that trio of games was on EBGames list - which is anything but official.

still on track of a "TBD" release date.  But hey, it's not a EBGames prediction, so you can't trust it, eh?

WTF are you talking about?

So now the disc medium made FFX superior to FFIX as well as reducing disc swapping?  That's ridiculous...  It reduced disc swapping, but the medium had absolutely no impact on making the actual game superior...

Yeah, you've bought into it.

Original concept of the N64 version maybe. But not the Xbox version which is the one I refered to in the demo hence it's an Xbox facelift.

But those were THQ's statements so obviously Oblivion isnt the only thing slipping. I dont follow EB games so thats not my source.

Ok I'll humour you and explain. I could blow through the 360 games that mildly interest me in a week. Then the thing sits around till some more games come along (when ever that may be) Same thing happened with the PSP although that at least does play anime movies which nothing else can.

Of course it did because a game like FFX would not have been viable under CD format.

Dosnt matter how many times you say it , dosnt make it true :blink: What makes you think I've bought into it ? Because I find the 360 an uninspiring and insipid machine with an obsolete media ? That has nothing to do with anything Sony have said.

My opinion on the matter is this.

MS cut too many corners to be first sticking in a DvD rather than waiting for HDDVD, they have a machine which is stripped to the minimum, does nothing particularly new.And dosnt wow me any more than Twilight Princess for the GC does.

If that means I bought into Sony hype then I guess I'm guilty

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Those were the titles that I have seen of late.  It will be the games that decide which system I will be buying, not the hardware specs.  Right now I am leaning towards PS3, so unless X Box 360 has several impressive games that will be released within months of its launch I am heading towards Sony land.

Sorry, yet another lame arse Madden title or a shooter isn't going to cut it.

Fear not, by the time the games Sony has shown are released, the X360 will be in it's 2nd to 3rd generation of games.

Fear not, by the time the games Sony has shown are released, the X360 will be in it's 2nd to 3rd generation of games.

More speculation ?

I think it will be a case of diminishing returns after all, you compare Ico to Collosus and they are worlds appart. You wont find anything like that level of difference on the Xbox.

478327[/snapback]

More speculation ?

I think it will be a case of diminishing returns after all, you compare Ico to Collosus and they are worlds appart. You wont find anything like that level of difference on the Xbox.

How the hell is it speculation? Do you pay attention to developer comments? MGS4 is years away, as is Killzone and DMC4. It has been confirmed they are NOT launch titles (which is ~1 year away), they are, at best 2nd generation PS3 - of which, the Xbox 360 will in it's 3rd generation of games.

Use your brain for once.

How the hell is it speculation?  Do you pay attention to developer comments?  MGS4 is years away, as is Killzone and DMC4.  It has been confirmed they are NOT launch titles (which is ~1 year away), they are, at best 2nd generation PS3 - of which, the Xbox 360 will in it's 3rd generation of games.

Use your brain for once.

I listen to them but I dont take them as gospel.

You can see clearly from Ico and Collosus that the Xbox hasnt come in those sorts of leaps and bounds. It started off with higher quality graphics but they havnt really improved that much.

As for diminishing returns. Look at that Gears of War screen you posted. There isnt the same scope for improvement there as there was from say , looking at ICO. The difference between "generations" of games wont be as noticable as the were on the Xbox let alone the PS2.

Nintendo may have been on the right track after all.

478327[/snapback]

I look forward to the day when the name calling stops and we can be a family again

The day The Revolution comes

or when obsidian annouces a new game that will ironically be console, whichever comes first

Edited by kumquatq3

I listen to them but I dont take them as gospel.

You can see clearly from Ico and Collosus that the Xbox hasnt come in those sorts of leaps and bounds. It started off with higher quality graphics but they havnt really improved that much.

As for diminishing returns. Look at that Gears of War screen you posted. There isnt the same scope for improvement there as there was from say , looking at ICO. The difference between "generations" of games wont be as noticable as the were on the Xbox let alone the PS2.

Nintendo may have been on the right track after all.

There's a difference between ease of development with the PS2 and Xbox. One was easier to get more out of than the other, but in the end, the best of the PS2 can't touch the best of the Xbox.

The improvements where there though, as Halo 2 is significantly better looking than Halo, and Ninja Gaiden is grossly superior than any of Itagki previous Xbox offerings.

But how the hell do you know if Gears of War couldn't be improved upon? Is that part of being cynical to all things not Sony?

Hey guys, didn't Epiphany say it was a woman at some time or other. Because that would explain why her arguments are so poor. Because, you know, woman.

I bet she drives awful too.

I guess you really are the dumbass that I initially took you for. But hey, believe what you want.

There's a difference between ease of development with the PS2 and Xbox.  One was easier to get more out of than the other, but in the end, the best of the PS2 can't touch the best of the Xbox.

The improvements where there though, as Halo 2 is significantly better looking than Halo, and Ninja Gaiden is grossly superior than any of Itagki previous Xbox offerings.

But how the hell do you know if Gears of War couldn't be improved upon?  Is that part of being cynical to all things not Sony?

A lot of people claim that... Really ? I'd put MGS III and Collosus against anything the Xbox can offer.

I think significantly is pushing it. It's certainly not ICO to Collosus.

Graphics can only go to a certain point then you are limited by other factors. Your not even going to reach the level shown in Gears of War without the appropriate TV.

As an example you can have a photrealistic car going around a photorealistic track , but unless you have a feedback steering wheel and pedals, your still not "driving a car".

I never said that Gears of War couldnt be improved upon. Only that you sont have the scope of improvement that you had this generation. Any improvements are going to be small ones and if people dont care about the difference between 360 kong and Xbox kong, likely completely irrelevent too.

This has nothing to do with Sony it's just a case of realism in graphics can only go so far before you need to look at other factors of immersion.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

Hey guys, didn't Epiphany say it was a woman at some time or other. Because that would explain why her arguments are so poor. Because, you know, woman.

I bet she drives awful too.

I guess you really are the dumbass that I initially took you for. But hey, believe what you want.

I guess you really are the humorless person that I initially took you for. With no sense of humor. That has trouble understanding humor.

A lot of people claim that... Really ? I'd put MGS III and Collosus against anything the Xbox can offer.

They would lose. The framerate issues of Colossus, and the bland nature of MGS3 instantly make them fail when compared to Ninja Gaiden.

That required no effort...

I think significantly is pushing it. It's certainly not ICO to Collosus.

Yeah, the difference is pretty significant between Halo and Halo 2.

Graphics can only go to a certain point then you are limited by other factors. Your not even going to reach the level shown in Gears of War without the appropriate TV.

Your point? I have a HDTV, I will be able to take advantage of HD gaming. You won't be able to have the visuals shown in the PS3 trailers without the use of a HDTV either. Double edged sword. That's why next gen is high defenition gaming. Except for Nintendo, cause they aren't planning on competing with Sony and MS.

As an example you can have a photrealistic car going around a photorealistic track , but unless you have a feedback steering wheel and pedals, your still not "driving a car".

Well thank God a force feedback wheel and pedals are available!

I guess you really are the humorless person that I initially took you for. With no sense of humor. That has trouble understanding humor.

Yep, no sense of humor at all when it comes to pigeon holing a sex or race into a stereotype.

Edited by Epiphany

Paul Eibeler, Take-Two's President and CEO, said that quality assurance was the reason for the delay. "We are moving the launch of Elder Scrolls IV to our 2nd quarter, based on the Bethesda Softworks requiring additional development time to ensure the title meets gamers' high expectations for this popular franchise," he said. The date change will also affect the PC version of the game, which was slated to ship simultaneously.

Imagine that. Publisher delaying a game in order for a)additional development time and b)now a simultaneous release.

Who would have thought a publisher would pass on the Christmas rush in order to make their game as good as it can be. Lucasarts, are you taking notes?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Your point?  I have a HDTV, I will be able to take advantage of HD gaming. 

As do I, but we are in a very small minority

So were high speed internet users just a few years ago. Times change quickly, and with the insertion of HD gaming, it'll only drive HDTV sales up - quickly.

in a "few years" you'll get to the end of the life of these next-gen consoles and reach the NEXT-next-gen consoles (The revolutioner), which can take advantadge of HDTV.

So were high speed internet users just a few years ago.  Times change quickly, and with the insertion of HD gaming, it'll only drive HDTV sales up - quickly.

I doubt it for the following reasons.

1. Highspeed broadband is still a minority thing. Times really havnt changed quickly at all.

2. HDTV's will set you back a shedload more

478327[/snapback]