Elder Scrolls IV missing Xbox 360 launch

kumquatq3

in a "few years" you'll get to the end of the life of these next-gen consoles and reach the NEXT-next-gen consoles (The revolutioner), which can take advantadge of HDTV.

I think thats a lot more realistic. Although http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61491

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I doubt it for the following reasons.

1. Highspeed broadband is still a minority thing. Times really havnt changed quickly at all.

In American, we're a little more in modern times I guess. 50% of households have broadband now.

2. HDTV's will set you back a shedload more

I doubt it for the following reasons.

1. Highspeed broadband is still a minority thing. Times really havnt changed quickly at all.

In American, we're a little more in modern times I guess. 50% of households have broadband now.

Don't think so.

Also, the word is America, not American, and the country's name isn't even America, but the United States [of America].

In American, we're a little more in modern times I guess.  50% of households have broadband now.

By the end of '06, all broadcasts are required to be digital, in the United States.  So, the value for HDTV's (while already high, as the major TV channels broadcast in such, as well as all of the movie channels) - will only increase, as the industry moves towards all digital.

But when "mommy and daddy" realize that analog signals are no longer available, and that they can no longer purchase 4:3 analog driven TV sets, they'll realize how out of touch they are with television broadcasting.

Most console users won't use a TV?  You grossly over estimate the amount of gamers that sit at a computer chair with their console and game.  But regardless, it'll be in 720p or 1080i on a computer monitor, so the HD era will continue to shine through.

Got any sources for that ?

Dosnt matter if the price dosnt come down.

Not what I said. I said most console users do not use the household TV. Which is backed up by most of the surveys done among regular poeple who own consoles.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Potent, click my link.

Epiphany is talking out of his ass, UK broadband penetration is higher, probably due to the smaller spread of land, while US penetration is lower percentage wise, but we have more connections due to the higher amount of peoples.

That's pretty much what I already said, but nobody read my post about why HDTV would probably be adopted quicker than highspeed internet, apparently.

Potent, click my link. 

Epiphany is talking out of his ass, UK broadband penetration is higher, probably due to the smaller spread of land, while US penetration is lower percentage wise, but we have more connections due to the higher amount of peoples. 

That's pretty much what I already said, but nobody read my post about why HDTV would probably be adopted quicker than highspeed internet, apparently.

Interesting link.

I read your post. But since I pretty much agree that HDTV will be held back by cost, didnt really have anything to add :(

I got an earbashing off someone actually about my TV. I was "evil" to spend enough on a luxury item to feed africa for a month or something. Usual charity case stuff.

478327[/snapback]

Potent, click my link. 

Notice how I said "I guess". But yeah, it's over 50% in the US, so that's all that matters.

Just an FYI you do realise those figures are only for active internet users right ?

"There were 14 broadband connections per 100 Britons in August, compared with 13 in the US. Sept. 22, 2005".

"This August 2005 survey of UK ISPs shows broadband penetration at 55.7% of all online subscriptions, up from 54.3% in July 2005. From National Statistics UK. Note that in light of this and other recent data last month's report appears to report too high a figure for UK broadband penetration".

Anyone know if those are accurate because 14.5% for the US seems low.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

PS2 games looked like late PS1 games?

Fifa Soccer 2005 on Playstation:

920611_20041109_screen002.jpg

Fifa 2001 on Playstation 2 (launch title):

fifa2001_1206_screen020.jpg

I tried to find as similar situations in the pictures as I could. I also tried to find the latest Playstation release I could, which, luckily for me, was Fifa Soccer 2005.

It's up to yourself to judge if they looked the same..

Edit: Wrong image.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't even know if I'm going to get this game.  Morrowind was such a pointless grind with a semi-interesting story and a crappy combat system.  It drew me in at first, and then after a while...meh.

I guess that applies to all the Elder Scrolls games. Even DaggerFall got old after a while and I never finished it.

478327[/snapback]