The Useless Information Thread II

Rosbjerg

I don't know if I still have the Scientific American in which I read the article: probably back in the late nineties / early noughts.

Evolution is "just one theory", too. Pretty well backed up theories, though. Moon rock samples taken by the Apollo missions indeed back it up, as well as geological records on Earth.

impact.jpg

Earth was hit by a meteor a few billion years ago, just after it formed, and a big chunk peeled off the planet and didn't escape the gravitational pull ...

Edit:

linkie

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw a show on this a couple of years ago where they presented different theories (such as the moon coming into the solar system to be caught in the Earth's gravity), where your theory indeed was presented as the most likely. The theory had its flaws too, though, but I remember squat of what they actually said.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court.

When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart.

Earth is not round; it is slightly pear-shaped. The North Pole radius is 44mm longer than the South Pole radius.

A galactic year is 250 million Earth-years. This is the time it takes for our solar system to make one revolution around the Milky Way Galaxy.

Summer on Uranus lasts for 21 years - but so does winter.

....Ahem...I think thats enough useless information for now, lol

:thumbsup:"

Recently, scientists have seen a live Giant Squid in its habitat for the first time in recorded history.

Thats really only useless because of how well known that is.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I hate Launch's signature.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hate Launch's signature.

That's only because you don't get most of it :blink:

If my signature goes then the avatar goes with it... your call :)

DL

I hate the sig because it's so huge. I've nothing against inside jokes.

Sure, take them both off.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

>_< <- this emoticon was once known as :mus?:
kirottu said: