RPGs worth playing

Humodour

But as for PC games... I played this really old RPG along time ago, its a pretty old Monolith game called "Septerra Core."  I never finished it, but it was sorta interesting (from what I can remember).

Monolith: Hey, you know what sounds like a good idea? Releasing a Console RPG exclusively for PC!

Fans: Actually, that doesn't sound like it'd be a very good idea at...

Monolith: ...Hmm, actually, that doesn't seem to have been a very good idea at all.

Hack n slash is a change in pace. Gets pretty tiring after a while doing fed ex quests in RPGs.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If it's agreed that Deus Ex is a roleplaying game then, yes, it's very much worth playing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If it's agreed that Deus Ex is a roleplaying game then, yes, it's very much worth playing.

Not only worth playing, it should be mandatory.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But as for PC games... I played this really old RPG along time ago, its a pretty old Monolith game called "Septerra Core."  I never finished it, but it was sorta interesting (from what I can remember).

Monolith: Hey, you know what sounds like a good idea? Releasing a Console RPG exclusively for PC!

Fans: Actually, that doesn't sound like it'd be a very good idea at...

Monolith: ...Hmm, actually, that doesn't seem to have been a very good idea at all.

Septerra core was alright... but in the later parts of the game it gets EXTREMELY repetitive. In order to get through some of the areas you have to go back and forth pushing levers and going back and forth from one mazelike level to another to find out what the hell the lever did and whenever you exit a map all the enemies are back and you ahve to play through the very slow and easy combats all over again spending hours and hours.....

I beleive that those who designed the game became retarded when they were halfway through.

Not only worth playing, it should be mandatory.

I hear it has been added to the Naturalisation exam just introduced in Great Britain ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

And yes, old games are fine. I still like Fallout's graphics and they are 7 years old. :D

When you say console RPGs, do you mean Xbox or...? I'm thinking of buying a console. But then there's also all these new ones coming out as well and I can only afford one.

When you say console RPGs, do you mean Xbox or...? I'm thinking of buying a console. But then there's also all these new ones coming out as well and I can only afford one.

Any of the good Xbox ones you can also get on the PC. Gamecube has some good ones, but they are few in number unless you get a GBA player. You could play the RPGs released on the PS2 for about a year (thats how many there are) plus if you dont mind retrogaming (which it dosnt look like you do) then you can play all the PS RPGs as well on top of that on the same machine. With a few exceptions they are all quite cheap to pick up used.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

And yes, old games are fine. I still like Fallout's graphics and they are 7 years old. :D

Which is why a game like that is a classic and still has a strong fan base.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester