Gaming Consoles

Akhan225

Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?

• Playstation 2
    • Gamecube
    • X-Box
    • Personal Computer
    • Playstation
    • N-64
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • SNES
    • Gameboy Advanced (Advanced,SP, or Advanced DS)
    • PSP

Where's the Atari 2600?

The other day I realised that was my first console. It made me feel older than dust from a Summerian tomb.

I remember that old thing. I still have it to.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Played it on the GC. Wouldnt happen to know of any significant differences would you ?

Definately qualifies as fantastic anyway.

Well, there's supposed to be a 5 hour storyline where you get to play as Ada, the girl in the red dress. I am sure you remember her.. and her cleavage.. and long legs..

Also, new weapons, new costumes for the main characters and some other stuff. Nothing worth paying an extra $50 for. Unless you're made of money or you're Darque.

Where's the Atari 2600?

The other day I realised that was my first console. It made me feel older than dust from a Summerian tomb.

My first computer was an Apple //e. I don't have it anymore, as it got all melty when the house burned down.

It wasn't that old, but it made me feel really old when I saw it in an exhibit of antique electronics from out of the Silicon Valley at the California State Fair. :huh:

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 16k, which was later upgraded to a ZX Spectrum 48k. They looked and felt like overgrown calculators. Rubber keys for teh win!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think my first computer to my memory was a 2.86... but then my parents also owned a computer shop around the time I was born.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Old computers? First one I owned is a 200Mhz Pentium. Still have it and it works. Only used for back up purposes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I don't mean to make all your musings seem inconsequential, but I shall, anyway. :mellow:" My university had the second worldwide computer installation: it used punch cards for I/O!

My first computer (that I used) was a Challenger IP, which had 1kB of RAM (the expanded model had a massive 4kB): I wrote a scorching top-scrolling game I called Lazer Zap for it (a friend of mine tried to write Donkey Kong, but he ran out of memory even though he was writing it in Assembly); good old audio tapes for backup ... my first computer was a bright, shiny, new Apple //e (64kB of RAM, including the whizzy 16kB language card) on which I played a ported version of the earliest Star Trek text-for-graphics game (warping around a grid of sixteen galactic coordinates and impulsing around the squares to kill Klingons and pillage planets) ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

YIE AR KUNG FU!!

:p:mellow:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Limited to ten choices, so I chose ten of the more recent systems.

Allow me to repost something I said earlier. I would have included more systems, but the polls are limited to ten choices.

Edited by Akhan225

(1)wow, were you even born when that came out? (2) thx for noticing it anyway... at least somebody did :(

1. Somehow I doubt it. What was it, -84-85?

2. Not many remember it. It was one of my first games.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Gaming systems I have owned

ZX Spectrum

Master System

Amstrad CPC 464 (an English Commodore 64)

Mega Drive

Commodore Amiga

Playstation

Playstaion2

PC

Suprisingly not as many as I first thought :("

And I have had my PS2 for years :(

Systems I've owned:

None.

kirottu said:

It had more to do with the lack of cash, but I appreciate your attempt at humor.

kirottu said:

I owned a BBC microcomputer. I still miss it occasionally. It was a nice shape and had the best keyboard I've ever used, though perhaps those role-tinted glasses are involved here.

I own a PC, and would find it difficult to switch to console, because there are so few adventure games these days, the PC is the only platform on which you can play nearly all of them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)