Brain washed kids

It is no longer politically correct to call them "African American".  If they come from Africa I guess you could, but the mojority of black people in the U.S. were born here (America).  I mean, there really shouldn't be any label put on anyone, but you shouldn't call them African Americans if they weren't born in Africa.  You wouldn't call someone of German of Irish herritage born in America "German American", or "Irish American," would you?

:) talk about complicated.

Maybe we should just go around yelling "Yo Homo" (as in short for homosapien) then again perhaps not ;)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

:) talk about complicated.

Maybe we should just go around yelling "Yo Homo" (as in short for homosapien) then again perhaps not  ;)

That is the best idea thus far.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It is no longer politically correct to call them "African American".  If they come from Africa I guess you could, but the mojority of black people in the U.S. were born here (America).  I mean, there really shouldn't be any label put on anyone, but you shouldn't call them African Americans if they weren't born in Africa.  You wouldn't call someone of German of Irish herritage born in America "German American", or "Irish American," would you?

It's more of an expression of love than a political label. People enjoy doing it so why not?

I mean many Asians are born in US too. They certainly have no problem being called 'my Asian brother' by anyone else.

Edited by julianw

Because you were brainwashed. Everyone is brainwashed. The title of this thread implies that these kids are brainwashed, and that most of us aren't, but we are all brainwashed at some stage in life. But the kind of brainwashing done to these extremely untalented kids is more dangerous. Not the safe governmental kind that most of you have had.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I hate politically correct labels. If you are born and raised in America than you're a fuc*ing American. It's not african-american, asian american, mexican-american, ad-nauseum. That's just stupid. Ok I'm a caucasian american. LOL

You're American. God I hate politians and stupid people in general.

Edited by Gabrielle

You wouldn't call someone of German of Irish herritage born in America "German American", or "Irish American," would you?

Um... yeah.

Thats fine.

We are culturally different, hence the different labels. I step on a basketball court, some nickname me Shaq while others use Yao. It's all part of basketball culture so either is acceptable. Terms like 'Asian brothers' or 'white brothers' have nothing to do with racism and do no harm whatsoever. Of course, an actual racist person using such terms might be dangerous, but it's also ridiculous.

How many of you who are commenting on America actually live here?

Describing us as Mutts or Mongrels, as you meant it,is disrespectful to say the least. The only reason there are so many cultures present is because this landmass that is the americas was dicovered recently compared to the rest of the world.

Edited by Akhan225

How many of you who are commenting on America actually live here?

I do.

:- Never knew things could be misinterpreted to such a degree. I should be more careful with words in the future then. All humans are equal doesn't mean we are all the same. Celebrating cultural diversity doesn't mean celebrating cultural superiority. If we can all be identified as one group, don't you think this world would be awfully boring?

p.s. Akhan225 - You probably want to read the thread a little more carefully. Many have posted in a joking manner.

Edited by julianw

I don't know if I'd call it brainwashing, myself. I know I'm reaching back a few pages in this thread, but the discussion on how to label the Irish doesn't really interest me.

This is how kids operate. The absorb the culture of their parents, and tend to adopt their parents' moral values and the like. Brainwashing kind of suggests that they already had a basic outlook on race that was contrary to this revolting 'white nationalism' thing, and they were converted over. Not really the case. Kids start out with a blank slate.

Putting this down to brainwashing requires doing the same thing with, for example, religion. And, for the record, I'm not suggesting that religion and 'white nationalism' are the same. But nobody's born Hindu or Muslim or Catholic; if your parents take you to church or mosque or whatever, and teach you those values, then those become your cultural cues. It's just how young children work. Teach them what's 'right' early, long before they're developmentally capable of making complex value judgments, and that sort of becomes their meter stick.