City of Villains

This game makes I5 make sense.... Stealth for stalkers, pets for Masterminds, and defense for the brutes... they didn't do anything to blasters because blasters... don't exactly have a mirror... the closest is a Defender(h34l3r)/blaster hybrid.

Max # of pets a team of eight can have out? 56 pets... if they are all dark masterminds.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, to be fair, there are about seven other folks in my super group. I think most of them don't play and a couple of them jumped ship when I didn't play for a few months. Hell, some of my characters hadn't logged into the server for over a year according to the super group status. So, if it's just my buddy and me who've stayed in the group, I might be able to convince him to start the Obsidian super group. We'll have to see what happens. I like the idea, even if it entails using a new character for the group.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I finally got a character up to level 14 and am now having a blast with Fly. Took me way too long to do that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

At low lvls fly is crap... up at 50 it moves pretty fast. you need to slot it for end drain tho..

At low lvls fly is crap... up at 50 it moves pretty fast. you need to slot it for end drain tho..

I noticed. It's better than walking though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fly is the slowest travel power, you can't beat it in terms of maneuverability. Personally I love teleport, but with its horrible activate/deactivate "stay still" factor, it is probably the worst travel power. I like that while immobilized I can still move around via teleport, but other than that teleport provides the worst movement in combat. A lot of people go the superspeed AND super jump route, I had one character that had all 4 travel pools but I eventually dropped teleportation for the leadership pool.

Anyway, I'd join up with you guys for the Obsidian SG. We could come up with something witty for a name, I'm sure. Could be fun, just pick a server and I'll create something for it.

Fly is the slowest travel power, you can't beat it in terms of maneuverability.  Personally I love teleport, but with its horrible activate/deactivate "stay still" factor, it is probably the worst travel power.  I like that while immobilized I can still move around via teleport, but other than that teleport provides the worst movement in combat.  A lot of people go the superspeed AND super jump route, I had one character that had all 4 travel pools but I eventually dropped teleportation for the leadership pool.

Anyway, I'd join up with you guys for the Obsidian SG.  We could come up with something witty for a name, I'm sure.  Could be fun, just pick a server and I'll create something for it.

I chose Fly because it made more sense for my character. I had a scrapper I was going the SS/Jump route, but then they changed some of my powers so I didn't like the character anymore. I'm kinda wierd with my characters. I come up with a theme, background, etc. and only choose powers that make sense with the theme and background I came up with, yet I don't actually roleplay in game. Except for my robot characters. I tend to roleplay them.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Its still just one city. How many freaking heroes can one city hold? Besides, I rather live in a small town than a huge arse city. Why can't my hero leave the city and go to someplace like Boone or Kerkhoven MN. Or why not a villain. Imagine what a superpowered villain can do to a town that has only 100 people in it.

Just lame.

Its still just one city.  How many freaking heroes can one city hold?  Besides, I rather live in a small town than a huge arse city.  Why can't my hero leave the city and go to someplace like Boone or Kerkhoven MN.  Or why not a villain.  Imagine what a superpowered villain can do to a town that has only 100 people in it. 

Just lame.

Yes, imagine how incredibly boring it would be to terrorize a small town. You show up to the super villain conventions and all the villains mock you.

The City of Heroes is Paragon Rhode Island, a very large fictitious city in Rhode Island which is very large. City of Villains is a city in a place called the Rogue Isles, a chain in international waters run by an organization called Arachnos.

Not all the zones are in the City itself. Croatoa, Striga Isle and Peregrin Isle are all outside of Paragon City, but are part of City of Heroes.

As usual, your opinion of a game you've never played is completely absurd. For something ignorable, you sure do put a lot of thought into it.

Conventions? Um, Super Villain "Conventions" are set up by Super Heroes to capture stupid super villains who actually think there is such a thing as a super villain convention. :devil:

Also, a super villain goes to a town that is less than 100 people. He can take over fairly quickly and quietly, then use the small town as a base of operations and cover.

Okay, I went ahead and created a super group called: Order of Obsidian Knights

It occurs to me that you guys might want to have some say, so I can scrap that name and we can recreate the group.

Okay, so my suggestions are:

Name: Order of Obsidian Knights

Colors: Black and Violet. I have this set now and it actually looks pretty sweet. Black is kind of popular, but we really should represent the "Obsidian" in "Obsidian Knights."

Ranks: Moderator, Member, NooB

Motto: We Go Where the Pathway of Honor Leads

My message I have so far is that we should get together to discuss the specifics. At any rate, we can ditch this group and create another one, should you so desire. What say you?

BTW: The hero I used to create the Order is named Peith. My handle is @Eldara

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The SGs are not cross-server, so if we don't play on Pinnacle then we'll have to rename, etc... anyway.

Some Ideas for a supergroup name:

Obsidian Order

The Idle Islanders (for the olden dayz)

For colors, I think something to match the forum colors would be more fitting, although black and purple look great (my villain group uses it), I'd like to see maybe black and white, or black and blue, maybe even black and dark gray.

What logo are we using? The giant O?

I must say... COV is beautiful... I'm a fire fire brute...

And Peith is a little low to create an sg yes?

Peith is level 15.

I think Calax could start the group with his higher level hero. That would be fine. Obsidian Order could be good.

Obsidian Plays

we want to make the cardassians angry? I have to deal with them in the OBS-4 (if it ever gets off the ground...)

I would go for Obsidian Knights myself...

I went with Knights of Obsidian...

Ranks are:

Developer

Spam-Master

Colors be White and a dark red

I'll be running around for a little while

The SGs are not cross-server, so if we don't play on Pinnacle then we'll have to rename, etc... anyway.

Some Ideas for a supergroup name:

Obsidian Order

The Idle Islanders (for the olden dayz)

For colors, I think something to match the forum colors would be more fitting, although black and purple look great (my villain group uses it), I'd like to see maybe black and white, or black and blue, maybe even black and dark gray.

What logo are we using?  The giant O?

I'd say black and dark grey, or black and dark blue. Order of Obsidian Knights sounded about right. As for a logo... no idea.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My brother got the preorder box for CoV and they sent him two beta codes, so I've been using one of them and so far my thoughts are:

A) There doesn't seem to be very much new stuff considering its sposed to be a whole new game. Seems more like a glorified expansion.

B) Its not as fun as City of Heroes.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm getting it, but I agree with you, Oerwinde. It's not as fun as Heroes. First of all, I'd rather be a villain than a hero. Second of all, I'd rather not be stuck with the villain music and graphics. Third of all, the villain costumes are just plain over the top. I like a more refined class of villain.

Still, the classes are cool and I think I can enjoy the game. I plan on getting it and, since the subscription price is the same for one or both games, I'm sure I'll play from time to time.

Obsidian Plays