City of Villains

I like some of the new locations for instanced missions... It gets repetitive in COH but COV puts a nice spin on things...

today I had a mission that the entrance was my villan diving into the back of a Uhaul.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Event this evening... from 6-8 pm PST there will be a test of pvp... all new characters beating the crap out of eachother... and you gets yourself a hero if you want.

Dammit, I meant to say that I prefer being the hero. I'm not much for villainy. Still, I'm going to get the game when the retail version hits the shelves. Right now, however, I no longer have access to the beta.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Here's a shot of Mercy Island 15 during the PvP event

Edited by Calax

that was laggy (6000 ppl on one server). But fun! I got me some kills... I'm a brute... the brutiest brute you ever did see... I like pie :o:ermm:

Ok back to the normal me

From what I could tell the Controllers and Blasters were kings of the world in this version of PvP because they would just slap a hold on a villan and beat the bejessus out of them or hide behind a tanker. Stalkers assasin strike was also incredibly good compared to the scrappers... It should be noted that even though they were out numbered the heros were winning... I think this was because they knew what they were supposed to do while the villans were unsure what their role in the world was. As a brute I could slot either for damage. or for Defense... I slotted for both and got my head handed to me on a silver platter by everone I saw.

Hero's set to strike Rogue Isles.

On wensday, the 26th of october, Jack "statesman" emmert and his developing cronies will be attacking the rogue Islands (the setting for City of Villans) IN FULL CONTROL OF THEIR INGAME AVATARS. Jack will be fighting as a max lvl tanker named Statesman (yes the one you see on the box) and the CoV developers seem to be willing to take control of their own ingame avatars... Ladies and gentlemen in the beta... time to Kick @$$ and chew bubblegum, and we're villans so throw in some barb wire while at it.

Hey, can I bring my CoH character to the fray. I'd love to try my scrapper against the whole bunch. I've played a stalker in CoV. The whole dynamic is different in CoV to be honest. I'm still wondering what I need to do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nope... only the villans get to join this fracas... back at the end of CoH beta the devs played Rikti bosses who created portals that started to wipe out the city. it got so bad that the hero's were forced back into the hospitals... on the top floor... the bottom floor would have five rikti portals spawning every Rikti you could think of.

Ok... does anyone else think they'll be nerfing masterminds at some point?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not really because according to everone who did PvP masterminds got the crap beaten out of them.

Not really because according to everone who did PvP masterminds got the crap beaten out of them.

Hrmm, I guess they're just the class you wanna be if you feel like Soloing then. I was running around taking out groups of guys 2-3 levels higher than me with ease.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Brutes are going to feel the nerfbat pretty fast after the game comes out... they move like the energizer bunny... unless your fire/fire then you have end problems.

I'm playing as a mind control/psionic Dominator right now and it rawks. Its the one combination I wanted to do in CoH but couldn't and it pissed me off.

Devastatorsig.jpg

another PVP event... this time the Villans kicked the crap out of the hero's in bloody bay... then the hero's started tp foeing the villans into fireing range of the poliece drones... that's about the time I went back to Sirens Call.

In this one If you look behind my chat window you see Positron, above him Is war witch and the Agent is a GM.

at this point we were ambushed by the ENTIRE Freedom Phalanx... Synapse kept running around like an idiot... when we Killed Sister Psyche he said she was down and finially said that there were too many of us villans though a nuke by posi had just wiped the area clean of Villans.

I am 99% positive the Freedom Phalanx were bots. Bots with, perhaps, better AI than your standard mob, but bots all the same. Everytime I ran into one they said one of their catch phrases, and followed a set AI path. They even said their "omg too many villains" lines at exactly the same health % everytime.

States didn't say much... it could have been a macro because States Would have really lied if he was a bot... I love getting Agent Darwin angry at me.

We did... but it's not like there was a counter or anything...

And the Agents were controlled by humans... They often would yell at us after we localed them...

and Agent Abbot ran out of End and ran away dragging us halfway across the map.