PS3 costs scaring away developers?

Epiphany

Maybe in your skewed world does one neutral thread about the CELL somehow negate all the PS3 bashing you've been vomiting over this forum for months. But not in the real world. Sorry, bud.

Again, you failing the rembmer stuff. Selective memory = bad. Wasn't one thread, and since they weren't negative, and very technically oriented, they went ignored on this forum.

Look up the word custom. There are free dictionaries on the internet! Imagine that.

Custom GPU = built from the ground up with the console in mind

Modified GPU = existing architecture with a few tweaks to work on a console

Gamecube GPU = custom

X360 GPU = custom

PS3 GPU = modified

Xbox GPU = modified

So you're still saying that hearing someone describe how a game looks that they've been able to play for hours on end is equal to a purposely handpicked ugly picture found on the net? Yup, foolish is the word.

No, you're the one that discredited the X360 GPU based off of your friends experience with "Project Zero" - whatever that is.

It's great graphics, but is it groundbreaking? Nope. It's the same old with slightly better graphics. Besides, we didn't discuss that game in particular, we discussed the Xbox 360 experience in general. You'll soon see what we mean when you get your greasy little hands on your own box..

No, we (you) were discussing some "Project Zero" game - you specifically called that game out, to discredit the X360 GPU.

Oh, and yeah, I had my hands on a 360 - you know, there was like, this cool event in NYC just last week.

Notice how I used the phrase "release date"? Another one of those long, difficult words, huh? Look, I'll help you:

date

- The point of time at which a transaction or event takes place, or is appointed to take place; a given point of time; epoch; as, the date of a battle. A specific day.

I even marked the important parts in the text! Think you'll get it now? Spring != date.

Last I heard, Spring 06 is a release date. But hey, I guess since you keep stumbling over your own ignorance you have to be pedantic on wording. After all, Oblivion has had a "holiday 05" release date for a while now, but hey, it's NOT A DATE!!!! /sarcasm

street date / release date

Who said the entire swedish gaming press hated it?

The (almost) entire swedish gaming press said, "Huh? Was that all? Was that what Microsoft wants us to shell out $350-400 for? There's nothing new here..?".

Noone hated it. The Xbox 360 just didn't live up to the hype.

You did, when you said "the entire swedish gaming press that was there" - then you listed stuff like PCGamer and whatnot, then said you were a small group. One can easily draw a conclusion that most/all the press that was there. This was, of course, followed by "worrying on the "Project Zero" game - which was directly used to discredit the X360 GPU.

But who cares anymore. You've proven your ignorance on the subject, and I'm finished.

Bye

Edited by Epiphany

Dudes, Epiphany is on ignore in my user options, so I'd like to know if this^ penultimate post is worth revealing. Somehow I doubt it.

In the other thread he states that consoles aren't computers. That one was priceless.

So is your lack of attention to the entire scope of the thread, which I specifically used "PC" in the previous post.

But hey, whatever makes your lack of substance comment have weight!!

I've already copy and pasted your quote into my signature.  It was clearly "computer."

Previous post, sherlock - the discussion was on PC's - personal computers - but hey, if it's the only way for you all to actually discredit what I say, then it only proves me right.

You disagree for spite, rather than knowledge. Makes it even more commical.

I disagree because most stuff you say is factually incorrect.

But yes, you are the AI guru, that realizes that people use 64-bit numbers for the extra precision, where a console totally 100% benefits from a unified memory architecture, but computers don't because consoles aren't computers.

I'm enjoying the entertainment, and I'll go back to lurking now

:thumbsup:

I disagree because most stuff you say is factually incorrect.

But yes, you are the AI guru, that realizes that people use 64-bit numbers for the extra precision, where a console totally 100% benefits from a unified memory architecture, but computers don't because consoles aren't computers.

I'm enjoying the entertainment, and I'll go back to lurking now

:thumbsup:

Yay for you, since you obviously can't follow threads.

Nothing you can say will undo what you have said previously.  Credibility = zero.

Have a nice day.

Oh well at least you got a new sig out of it. Not a total waste.

Maybe Epiphany is more suited to stand up comedy :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Perhaps Epiphany, you could try to break some of your own rules.

You could try to be more polite.

You could try to wait a while and check the new xbox so you would have actually something of your own to say and not this Microsoft believer stuff.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Xbox360, PS3 or Revolution. The console doesn't matter, since the japanese still make the best games, no matter the console(maybe 1-2 non-japanese companies are up to it).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Im going to chime in here. Im not going to bash one person or the other, or bash any of the systems. In my own opinion all THREE systems will be amazing. Ofcourse being Canadian I might have part of me that likes to stay neutral.

Ive already bought the xbox360. and Im going to buy the ps3 when it comes out, and probably the new nintendo after ive tried the controller, and if I like the controller. And I read the article that started this thread, it could be a possibility, I hope not. Id rather not see either the xbox360, ps3 or Revolution loose the console "War". I like choices....many choice. As for which console is better, I think I will have to wait untill they all arrive to judge one over the other.

Wow not having a mouse for my pc sucks.

You could try to wait a while and check the new xbox so you would have actually something of your own to say and not this Microsoft believer stuff.

Instead of harping on me, read my responses. You'll notice I've played the 360 at DigitalLife in NYC - games I specifically spent time with:

Oblivion

Gears of War

Kameo

Perfect Dark Zero

Condemned

Need for Speed

NBA 06

Call of Duty 2

Dead or Alive 4

Project Gotham Racing 3

Instead of harping on me, read my responses. You'll notice I've played the 360 at DigitalLife in NYC - games I specifically spent time with:

Oblivion

Gears of War

Kameo

Perfect Dark Zero

Condemned

Need for Speed

NBA 06

Call of Duty 2

Dead or Alive 4

Project Gotham Racing 3

So how where they?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.