Recommend a favorite movie!

Rosbjerg

Oh, I nearly forgot.. here are some Swedish gems. Definently worth watching

Pang I prutten

150 knyck i baken

Nu suger vi snuten

=]"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hmmm, i may be wrong here, but is either Cube or Sphere the movie where

the main characters are stuck inside a series of cubes =], with traps in, which they have to get out of?

That may sound a bit vague, but i remember seeing a movie like that... =]

That movie is just plain wrong.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As a conneiseur of fine cinema, Im always apalled by the disgustingly shallow taste in film that some people seem to have *cough* Gladiator?! *cough*

Im extremely bad at picking favorites so Ill just pull some random examples of what I have in my collection:

Dr. Strangelove - Stanley Kubrick 1964

Fallen Angels - Wong Kar-Wei 1995

Man bites dog - 1992

Riget 2 - Lars von Trier 1997

Songs from the second floor - Roy Andersson 2000

I think that's a very good list .. Dr. Strangelove is especially a favorite of mine .. Peter Sellers was extraordinary in that one! :D

have you seen Lars von Trier's other works? or his (rather wierd) Dogville ..

or any of the Danish Dogma-films?

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh, I nearly forgot.. here are some Swedish gems. Definently worth watching

Pang I prutten

150 knyck i baken

Nu suger vi snuten

:-"

Those must be great movies. :lol:

Speaking of swedish movies, what about Evil Ed?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As a conneiseur of fine cinema, Im always apalled by the disgustingly shallow taste in film that some people seem to have *cough* Gladiator?! *cough*

Im extremely bad at picking favorites so Ill just pull some random examples of what I have in my collection:

Dr. Strangelove - Stanley Kubrick 1964

Fallen Angels - Wong Kar-Wei 1995

Man bites dog - 1992

Riget 2 - Lars von Trier 1997

Songs from the second floor - Roy Andersson 2000

I think that's a very good list .. Dr. Strangelove is especially a favorite of mine .. Peter Sellers was extraordinary in that one! :D

Lars von Trier is crazy dude, and this is from a Dane. :D

Me, I'd say Alexander (gosh I hear you cry), Der Untergang and Aliens.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Hmm... Little Voice, Lawrence of Arabia, The Mummy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Dogma, The godfather 1 and a few others. I also liked the first two LotR-movie adaptations, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Oh, and watch Guns of Navarone. Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn et al :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:lol:  I love that movie (and book) but i really think Crighton could have come up with a better ending. Anyone agree with me?

Oh yeah and i hate water.

I think they left a lot of loose ends though.

Like when they scratch the spacecraft and Harry observes that it crashed, and there wasnt a scrape on it, yet when they scratch it, it falls to pieces

And i think it's highly unlikely that

Norman actually goes outside with no equipment, and still manages to survive

Overall a great movie, pretty darn scary too. The book is way better and gives a great insight into the subconscious.

Now why did Jerry say his name was Jerry? He says later to Norman to stop calling him it.

P.S The giant squid was damned scary......

I might read the book again tonight :D i must have read it about 7 times already. I think i'll try and come up with a better ending.

Yeah the ending sucked. What I don't understand is,

how would forgetting solve anything? They were allready manifesting even before they knew what they were doing. Now they're going to wake up with demons and ex wife/husbands in their bedrooms and have no idea why.

And if the Sphere could just fly away all along, why sit around for 300 years?

I think i understand now...By erasing their memories of it, they erased all traces of the whole disaster, thus causing the sphere to fly into space, and be picked up a few hundred years later by the crew of the spaceship (This is open for speculation since they were only guessing when they made up that story.

Hey! The Island was a great movie! It did have it's flaws (Which movie doesn't?) but it's still my favorite action movie up to date. Way better than the latest War of the Worlds (Robbie should have died..stupid kid)

Scary Movie is still the best comedy ever. DO NOT ARGUE.

Saying that The Island was way better than War of the Worlds is like saying that being shot in the leg is way better than being shot in the face: even if it's true, both still suck. :-

The Island was the worst film I've seen this year (I didn't even bother with War of the Worlds, as there was no doubt in my mind that that film would outsuck a black hole). For starters, it was extremely derivative (of Logan's Run, especially), and I felt like I was watching a really, really long advert. A really intrusive advert, at that. An advert I had to pay to watch.

Honestly, if I hadn't been there with my dad (sitting silently in a dark room for a few hours is our lazy idea of father-son bonding), The Island would have been the second film I'd ever walked out on (the first being Ocean's Twelve).

Just what is it about the Island that made it suck? WotW was ok, it has the best special effects i've seen in a movie up to date.

SAW

Just a movie to cheer you up :)

Saw is ok, but the villain was a bit predictable. My mom tells me to watch it saying ''You'll never guess who it is! Nobody guessed who it was so you wont either!'' Halfway through i guessed it, it was a bit of a dead giveaway.

The Mummy is one of my favorite films still, second was ok but the first was still great.

Insomnia was a really good movie - I've only seen the US remake unfortunately, but I loved Robin Williams for once not being Robin Williams.

Yeah, because he didn't do that in Good Will Hunting and One Hour Photo.

Gonna go for Fight Club or The Boondock Saints.

Dr. Strangelove is especially a favorite of mine .. Peter Sellers was extraordinary in that one!  :D 

Ive seen nearly all of Triers films including Dogville, I understood that film and why it needed to be so long and tedious in order for you to be able to really feel with Grace. But The second Riget series is my favorite. I get the same feeling with that and Dr Strangelove... its beyond hillarious, its like you want to explode

Ive seen all the Danish Dogme films except En K

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just what is it about the Island that made it suck? WotW was ok, it has the best special effects i've seen in a movie up to date.

Well, as I said:

"For starters, it was extremely derivative (of Logan's Run, especially), and I felt like I was watching a really, really long advert. A really intrusive advert, at that. An advert I had to pay to watch."

It can across as a cheap knock-off of several other far better films. Far better films that didn't feel the need to shove adverts for Xboxes, trainers, perfumes, Hondas, beers, MSN, and some American beverage whose name escapes me, in my face. I could bear it on a background level, as I do in many films nowadays, but when I'm forced to watch an entire Calvin Klein advert (and not just any Calvin Klein advert, oh no, it's the Calvin Klein advert from the first decade of the 21st century that is still inexplicably being shown sixty years in the future!), I find that irritating. When I have to watch a five second long shot focusing on the bottle of a beverage that it isn't even sold in my country (not that I'd find it much better if it was sold here, the overt insterion of the close up of the bottle is my objection), then the film begins to seriously suck.

If I have to watch these adverts to watch a film, I shouldn't have to pay for the priviledge.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I laughed every time i saw an advert...I thought they were pretty funny. But if that's the only reason you don't like the movie, then you need to learn to look past the minor faults. IMO Micheal Bay didn't do too badly with this one, plenty of action (no matter how far fetched), hilarious dialogue, hight quality special effects, top notch story plot and a great cast.

I've only seen a little of Logans Run (before my time it was) but i would have to agree that it is very derivative. However, it's not entirely like Logans Run and we see remakes of old movies all the time nowadays, (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, WotW, Oliver Twist etc) so why should we complain if they borrow a few idea's from an old movie?

I don't consider having to watch all those adverts a minor fault. I consider them to be an exremely annoying aspect of the film that ruined whatever enjoyment I might have gotten from the film. What I like about the cinema is that other than the ones at the start, I don't have to watch adverts.

As to remakes and such, the difference is that those are actual remakes, whereas the Island was a rip-off. Apparently, it was such a rip off of one particular film that the maker of Parts: The Clonus Horror was at least at some point considering Copyright Infringement action. That aside, even if it only borrowed a few ideas, it didn't do anything new with them. Same old, same old.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Ok so the ads were pretty annoying, but personally i didn't mind them.

And if my memory serves me correctly, the Clonus Horror sucked badly.

Most kids my age don't really remember Logans Run or the Clonus horror, so it's a good movie for teenagers.

The point is that this was a good movie (not too original =\ ) and the countless ads are pretty funny (depending on your sense of humor).

Personally i didn't get the feeling i had seen parts of it before in Logans Run (or the abominable Clonus Horror), so i found it to be pretty enjoyable.

Logans Run

Dude, that was an awesome film... Michael York should have played Luke SKywalker, that would have been totally sweet :D

*slaps kirottu with a 2x4 board*

Dont you know cartoons are for kids? :o"

Cartoons are way better IMO.

The Mothman Prophecies

Dog Soldiers (An awful movie IMO but it's the most hilarious in the horror genre up to date)

Scream (Not very scary by todays standards, but a great movie)

Scary Movie (A parody of Scream plus other movies. The best comedy EVER)

Scary Movie 2

Scary Movie 3

The Grudge (I couldn't sleep for weeks)

The Ring (Great story plot, much scarier than the original japanese version)

Edited by ><FISH'>