BG Tutu Question

SadExchange

Yes, you can. It's designed for that. In fact, when you kill Sarevok, Tutu generates a "transition save" that automatically starts the SoA content once you uninstall Tutu and load said savegame. You don't even need to export.

And to run Tutu all you need is BG1Tutu. It's highly recommended that you download the BG1Tutu fixpack, too, and follow the instructions from the website, as the ones included in the package readme are missing some critical steps.

All other downloads are optional. Also, as Tutu is WeiDU based, I recommend that you choose which components you want to install when prompted, instead of installing them all, as not all of them may interest you.

I got some weird errors the first times and it took me a while to get it working, but it definitely does. And if you're thinking of replaying BG1, it's the best way to do it. :rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Dont you also need BG2? It says so on one of the sites for it, I cant remeber which one.

But i was wondering exactly what it does except use the BG2 interface? Does it really enable you to run it in higher resolution?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Uh, well, yes. Specifically, you need BG1, BG2, and the latest patches for both. TotSC and ToB are recommended but not necessary, too. But I assumed he was asking just about the downloads, anyway.

And what it does is run the BG1 content on the improved IE used by SoA, thus allowing for higher resolutions (as high as SoA normally allows for), and the extended rules of that game, thus allowing you to start the game as, say, a half-orc kensai.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You need:

1. a Full install of both BG1 and BG2... on the same drive/partition. ie. you can't have BG1 on drive c: and BG2 on drive d:. There's a thread on the forums about what to do if you don't have TotSC for BG1.

2. BG Tutu, downloaded from "the site", and installed to your BG2 folder.

Go with Version 4. version 6 is available, but they introduced some gamebreaking bugs trying to fix some o the the niggling ignorable ones that are still left in v 4.

3. I'd also strongly recommend the latest Tutu fixpack... I think they're up to 14 or 15 now with that.

That's about it.

From an aesthetic point of view, I'd personally recommend the TutuGUI mod... changes things around to the gold lettering and dark stone interface, instead of the Byzantine look that you get with BG2, but it's not necessary.

I'd also go with One Pixel Production's paperdoll replacement mod, since the BG2 paperdolls are butt-ugly, even though there's a component of that mod that I don't particularly like -- easily fixed, though, so it's still part of my standard battery of mods. Again, though, that's optional; don't need that to get Tutu to work.

There's a thread on the forums about what to do if you don't have TotSC for BG1.

I installed BG1Tutu without having TotSC at first (couldn't find my disk) and it ran just fine. I only needed to put some file in the override directory, but that was perfectly explained in the instructions. In fact, I had many more problems trying to update the installation when I found my TotSC disk. I believe the problems caused by not having TotSC have been solved in v4.

I'd also go with One Pixel Production's paperdoll replacement mod, since the BG2 paperdolls are butt-ugly

Are you referring to the graphic representation of the character found in the inventory menu?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest Fishboot

Anyone know a mod to increase the side of the BG2 font? I'd like to start a new complete BG(tutu) saga at a higher resolution but the text at anything above 800x600 makes my irises burn after a few minutes. I know about the "font name=" line in the baldur.cfg file but that forces you to use software graphics rendering, which is hiccoughy for me even with a fairly modern computer.

Should be neat to play a Monk or Wild Mage all the way through BG1.