A plot suggestion

Sammael

So don't play it. The huge amount of text in the game was a plus. That's what gave it its flavor. I didn't mind the combat too much as it wasn't the game's focus.

3 and 4 were also pluses. It wasn't the umpteenth Forgotten Realms game that game out since 1988. It was the first Planescape game which by definition is a strange setting.

If there needs to be a game that 90% of all gamers can understand and play, that's BGDA. Planescape Torment was a different kind of game.

*rolls eyes* I worship Torment, so don't pull your defensive stance on me. I am simply explaining what the masses felt about Torment, and if they dont like it, it doesnt matter whether those are qualities that make Tormenta goodd game, or it was unique, or anything. To the masses, they dont like it. period. i am simply stating this fact. not judging torment or anything. so buzz. :p

Yes. It appears that we all agree on the same point. :p

You see, my experience is that when i first saw the game, I was.. hm... 11? 12? and I had got bored by the time I had reached the Buried Village because I couldn't handle the game. The one part that stands out to me from memory is Deionarra in the Mortuary; I was just confused and bored by the talking going on and on and on.

Of course, now I play it, I'm simply amazed by the game, and the Deionarra apparition stands to point out for me how good the game is if the player is right.

If you start out on the dark side though there should be an option to stay on the dark side. I still think being able to choose the good or evil path can still be an option and satisfy the people who don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I would prefer there to be more than just two choices throughout the game but yes they can improve here. One thing that I think is that there may be light side or dark side characters (two choices) but at the same time you should have more choice on how to solve a puzzle or a quest than just choosing a light side or a dark side choice on how to solve a quest or a puzzle. I think limiting the solutions in that manner was one of the problems I had with the game. I enjoy KOTOR and think they did a good job but this is one area that can be improved upon. The pigeon holing or black and white aspect I didn't like.

Lets face it, a good 90% of men are incredibly brainless.... and if they didn't start off that way, the lower a females neckline, the more brainless a guy gets.

I find this statement horrendously sexist. You would be equally offended if a male said that 90% of females are brainless, and if they didn't start off that way, the bigger the diamond the more brainless a woman gets.

Lets face it, a good 90% of men are incredibly brainless.... and if they didn't start off that way, the lower a females neckline, the more brainless a guy gets.

I find this statement horrendously sexist. You would be equally offended if a male said that 90% of females are brainless, and if they didn't start off that way, the bigger the diamond the more brainless a woman gets.

ah yes, but the wealthier she gets. :D

the point of my comment was more that although someone thinks that 90% of any group is brainless, there are those who aren't, and there will always be something that makes them seem so. - and making general statements like that is bound to get someone upset because they feel they don't belong there, or that they can come up with numbers to state something different.

talking about getting brainless, there has apparently been research done which shows that once someone gets their PhD, thier IQ drops. :o

Guys with PhD's are probably more attractive to girls with low necklines... :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i was thinking with games as graphically detailed as Baldurs gate why should obsidian not go for something big strait away. the way i see it they should go for a contact for Lord of the Rings. Obsidian are the only studio i can see being able to handle making a game in which you can fight for your lives and Minas Tirith or Helms Deep they could make you go through the mines of moria and fight cave trolls. These are all things that they are capable of doing and have the exsperiance to do to. what do you guys think on the subject :D