Morgoth's Art Gallery

Morgoth

So, since Darth Sirius started an Art thread, I thought I should show you some of my stuff I did lately too - constructive criticism of course is desired.

Alright, here're some pictures I drew with pencil and graphite chalk:

At this point I didn't have a scanner yet, so forgive the bad image quality...

A Knight sitting on his horse

Right now that shows only some basic line work, but I might render him at some time in future.

Old Man

That's a portrait of the french artist Gustave Courbet that I just drew yesterday.

Gustave Courbet

Here's some Painter work (drawn with Wacom Intuos 3):

That's right, a friggin' apple, based on a photo reference.

An apple

And to retain the tension, here are two friggin' tomatos! Actually, that's the work I'm most proud of... because of the natural colour range and overall composition. :)

The Tomatos

There I tried to draw my hand (with moderate success), inclusive the injury on my thumb.

Hand

That's an eye based on a tutorial. That was a more challenging task than it actually seems at first....

A beautiful eye

That's a speedpainting that only should suggest atmosphere.

City Scape

WIP/3D Art:

A Car coachwork.

Car coachwork

That's a landscape I did some time ago, inclusive a complex shader-network that fakes impressionistic painting style...

Landscape

That's a short preview render I did for a buddy (he might use the final composition later in his amateur movie). A coat floating in the wind... [~ 3MB, Divx required].

Animated Coat

Well, that's it (for now). I think you already know my old 3D stuff, like the trolls and the normal map examples, so I didn't include them here. Use the search if you feel to marvel my old crap... :lol:

Nothing to add there; moving along...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Here's another piece I've just finished recently...

A ballerina, drawn with (digitally) coloured pencils and pastel, with the pose based on a picture reference.

A beautiful Ballerina

Although it doesn't look like much, I can guarantee that it was a hell of work!

I hope you like the choice of colours and the overall proportions!

Is it just mee, or do the legs look somewhat short? Good work anyhow.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Not those who I know.

kirottu said:

Really, that lifedrawing stuff would help a lot. You'd probably improve your anatomy and get some much needed dynamic in your drawings.

So you think the proportions look ugly? Understanding anatomy isn't something you learn from today up to tomorrow.

I just started drawing recently so I've still tons of things to learn. Though your concerns about the "bad" anatomy are notated.

However, if you have some useful tips/resources or some examples of your own work to show, I'd love to see it!

Well, that avatar is a start.

kirottu said: