Jade Empire Bombed

Volourn

Hmm - 13 to 15 hours. I suspect you rushed it.

If you had completed the majority of the sub-quests in Tien's Landing, but more importantly Imperial City (Chapter 3 I believe), the game should have taken you between 40-60 hours.

'Tis a shame really, because story wise/roleplaying wise w/consequences of action + RP opportunites, Chapter 3 was one of the finest moments in recent cRPG history. The arena itself absolutely destroyed any other RPG arena in shear depth.

manthing2.jpg

I don't know about deeper but I did like JE story better than KotOR. Malak maniacal laughter was just too annoying and the combat system in KotOR was just impossible, especially in the Star Forge.

Also this is Bioware. When did they ever make a difficult game? Expecting Bioware to make a hard game is like expecting Hell to have air conditioning.

I loved the reviews that said the story in Jade Empire was deeper and better than KOTOR.

Which KotOR? 1 or 2?

Whilst KotOR was relatively fantastic, it was still your classic space opera Star Wars story.

As for K2 - well, that's incomplete.

Neither of these 3 can compare with something like PS:T for "depth", but If you ask me, I prefer JE's story to your classic space opera or an incomplete story any day.

manthing2.jpg

Hmm - 13 to 15 hours.  I suspect you rushed it.

Well, not really. I played it on my cousin's Xbox, and we basically played it together. He's a very straightforward guy, I guess, and doesn't exactly stop to smell the flowers along the way. We followed the main story (and some side quests, but probably not all) together and when it was all over the save file said some number between 13-15 hours. I don't remember the exact amount. But it was kind of perfect for my cousin (then he could get back to FIFA) while I felt it a bit on the short side.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm - 13 to 15 hours.  I suspect you rushed it.

Well, not really. I played it on my cousin's Xbox, and we basically played it together. He's a very straightforward guy, I guess, and doesn't exactly stop to smell the flowers along the way. We followed the main story (and some side quests, but probably not all) together and when it was all over the save file said some number between 13-15 hours. I don't remember the exact amount. But it was kind of perfect for my cousin (then he could get back to FIFA) while I felt it a bit on the short side.

I see.

Well, the thing with many of JE's sidequests, is that upon completion they tend to yield futher side quests. So I guess failing to partake in quite a few may be what's responsible for your relative lack of play-time. :-

manthing2.jpg

I'm going to have to borrow that damn Xbox, turn up the difficulty a notch and get myself buried in all those missed side-quests. Grr.

I'm going to have to borrow that damn Xbox, turn up the difficulty a notch and get myself buried in all those missed side-quests. Grr.

Good idea.

For if you closed the dam BEFORE launching/completing the 'Ghost Children' sidequest, you've missed one of the most poignant moments in RPG history.

Even the Three Stooges will agree with me here (Hades, Vol & Grom).

manthing2.jpg

I did every sidequest in the game save for one. I was offered a quest that only Close-Fist characters could complete and I played Open-Fist.

Yet I know I beat the game in less than 20 hours. 15 hours may be accurate, and I've heard the same claim from most people who have beat the game.

40-60 hours is flat-out absurd.

40-60 hours is flat-out absurd.

How so?

I personally take between 40-45 hours for JE, KotoR & KotoR II and while I take my time, I usually don't do EVERYTHING or scour every nook & cranny. I imagine someone who does can easier squeeze 50+ hours. I believe Ghostie usually hits the 60 hr mark for the kotors.

manthing2.jpg

"I loved the reviews that said the story in Jade Empire was deeper and better than KOTOR."

That's because it is. KOTOR isn't even in the same league as JE when it comes to story, and role-playing. Or combat. Or graphics. Or sound. Or music. Or character depth. Or originality. Or npcs.

JE is wayyyyyyyy better than KOTOR in every way that matters.

"15 hours may be accurate, and I've heard the same claim from most people who have beat the game."

Proof please. Most people it's been accurately reported to be between 20-30 hours. Anyone who claims to have finished it in less 20 hours is either lying, or pretty much skipped everything but the neccessary. Those who claimed it's over 40 hours are just smokin' dope.

Sorry Jaguar. That comment isn't personal. Just a fact.

"The limited edition preorder copies that were supposed to sell out right away are still sitting on store shelves.

Jade Empire was estimated to be a huge hit, and underperformed."

Proof please. JE sold 500+k copies. You (or I) have no idea if it udnerpoerfromed. In order to make that determination we'd have to know the amount of copies that Bioware and MS expected to sell. We don't know their projected sales for the game so this opinion of yours isn't based in reality. Until we know what theye xpected, 500k + sales should be assumed to be pretty darn good since JE was sold basiclay on BIO's rep and not some pre made setting.

People who actually believe that BIO is some main stream company are fooling sound. I *always* epxected JE to sell around 500k copies. Just do a search of pre release post. Then again, I am a proven genius so I'm always right in these matters.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"(insert fanboy slurping sounds here followed by swallowing sound effects)

Bioware's **** sure tastes great!

r00fles indeed."

Reported.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

5000,000 copies of IWD probably meant a decent profit. BIS was using an existing engine, development time wasn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

(insert fanboy slurping sounds here followed by swallowing sound effects)

Bioware's **** sure tastes great!

:huh:

r00fles indeed.

I almost never find anything written by EnderWiggin funny, but..

HAHAHA!! :blink:)

Perhaps Jade Empire is the best RPG you've played recently, but it's like.. if you're starved, even poop looks good.

This is my point exactly.

Also, saying JE was 40-60 hr game is utterly ridiculous. I played open palm, rejected only a single side quest designed solely for closed fist and still beat the game well under 20 hours.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had