dark alliance 3

pants_happy

i'll get flamed for this, but...i know the game is going to be an original IP, but since it's for console, i would love an unofficial dark alliance 3 (it would be pretty much the same thing, different names, places, setting, ect) (con just isn't up to the same level of awesomeness)... to me, dark alliance 2 was dark alliance ^10 (except for the story, which was just horrible and akward and ... horrible). but everything else about the game was top of the line, especially the bosses (probably 3 of my 5 favourite bosses are from dark alliance 2). i was astounded by the monumental amount of work that black isle put into #2, and since many employees are from black isle, obsidian would be the perfect company for the job. it's just my dream that #3 would be made, but it came true before with #2 being made, so here's hoping. :p

although that added a considerable amount to this thread...that's just your opinion. not to bash companies, but i wouldn't trust atari with it as far as i could throw them, and judging by both con games, snowblind hasn't been up to the task lately. that's why i'm whining to obsidian. also, a random barbie game would be nice. i'll suggest that next.

"except for the story, which was just horrible and akward and ... horrible"

Yeah, that's why we don't want a repentance.

Your idea is lost on us. It's only triggerhappy rpg cowboys, scurvy purists and the occasional fanboi here. I'd suggest taking this somewhere else. On the other hand; as far as we know PNJ is going to be an action rpg, so might do well to copy some of the better parts of DA2.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nope. You want a sequel.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Atari owns the rights to D&D,you have to play by their rules.

Obsidian hasn't done any Console-style ARPGs yet and I hope they never will.

Anyway,Snowlind does so go there.

Or Inxile.

inxile got it quite the opposite with the bard's tale. an awesome story, tedious repetitive combat. maybe if they joined forces with obsidian...

What makes you think Obsidian can improve the combat?

Honestly we've only seen 1 game from them as a team and the combat was a non-factor(in judging them) since it was of course copied from the first game.

I'm not even sure if any of the DA2 devs are working at Obsidian.

What makes you think Obsidian can improve the combat?

Honestly we've only seen 1 game from them as a team and the combat was a non-factor(in judging them) since it was of course copied from the first game.

I'm not even sure if any of the DA2 devs are working at Obsidian.

i think they could make some wonderful changes/additions.

off the top of my head, the one and only frank k worked on dark alliance 2.

Whatever. The important thing is; do we call you Happy Pants or Mr. Happypants. Mr. Pantyworth? Pantton?

kirottu said:

so might do well to copy some of the better parts of DA2.

Huh? Did DA2 have any better parts? I thought it was pretty uniform in its level of suckage. >_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Dark Alliance 3. I've had plenty of fun with both the other Dark Alliances (co-op is FUNNN), but I'd rather see Obsidian waste their talent on something more worthwhile than an actionpacked dungeon crawling lightweight RPG.

(Of course, that might just be what they're working on right now.. we don't know yet)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The BG:DA2 crew:

BGDA.jpg

I wonder how many work here...

brian menze, darren monahan, dennis presnell, feargus, aaron brown, trent campbell, Mustazar Essa, maybe more b/c i'm too lazy to look, and most importantly...frank k.

but all that matters is he who is frank.

but 2/3 of the people in the credits didn't make the game. so there's more dev wise working here than the manual would make you think.

Those aren't even real games. :-

BGDA was so bad that I don't even want to play BGDA 2. A $50 game done, on the hardest difficulty, in 12 hours let alone had absolutely nothing to do with Dungeons and Dragons PnP game and only has a peripheral connection to the Forgotten Realms setting.

You guys forget Frank K.

This isn't Dark Alliance 3, nor will it be a spiritual successor.

This game is using Unreal 3, so it will be first person most likely, and possibly third person. It probably won't be the multiplayer game that DA was either.

I haven't played DA2 though I keep hearing it was much better than the first.

And Hades is being unfair as per usual so take him with a grain of salt. DA is actually much better than several other titles that used the Snowblind engine like Heroes, Bards Tale, etc.