Amerika

User Name

We are quite arguably the most free nation on Earth, as well as the nation that brought Democracy and freedom to the rest of the world.

With people like Pat Robertson doing the Lords good work in the name of democracy? :lol:

290 million people shouldn't be judged by one individual.

Your tactics do not amuse me.

Well I'm not here to amuse you, but you gotta admit... only in America. :lol:

You might take a peak at the reaction of my two northern brothers below, I'm not the only one finding your argument... far out, so to speak. :thumbsup:

We are quite arguably the most free nation on Earth, as well as the nation that brought Democracy and freedom to the rest of the world.

:lol:

Me too comrade, me too. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Like licking toads?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

For Ender's defence; he was probably quite pissed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How about:

America is quite arguably one of the "most free" nations on Earth, as well as a nation that has helped spread Democracy mainly through the spreading of democratic ideas (French Revolution and on) and personal freedoms in several parts of the world. We also managed to get into a war with Canada (inadvertantly or not), and without going into details, lost.

Personally, I think Americas biggest contribution to democracy is spreading the idea of democracy like no country before it.

That's a reasonable statement, kumquat. Folks hate giving the United States credit for anything. We are exceptional. We have been a good influence on the world. ...But don't dare mention anything good about the US, even in the context of a larger discussion in which you give nod to the accomplishments of others and concede to failings of your own. Oh no! We can't have anything good said about the United States. Heaven forbid!

It's just ridiculous.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Being conquered by Rome and then by the Turks makes democracy kinda tricky. Besides, they're doing just fine now.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

If Greece gave you everything, how come you're so unhip to long lunches and homosexuality? :D

Seriously though, Uncle sam has done more than his fair share for freedom. Not uniformly, I'll grant you, but more than most. I mean consider the competition among nations of comparable power - Britain, France, Russia, China to name a few.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You silly folks. Well, I'm thinking mostly of the ideal of Freedom. That was, ostensibly, the rallying cry the Greeks raised when Persia invaded.

Athens has a special place in my heart.

Homosexuality was certainly seen in a different light than it is today, but you also have to take into account Greece's vast history, even in ancient times. It was seen in a variety of ways by different writers over the classical period.

Finaly, I'm married, you yutz! :cool:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You silly folks.  Well, I'm thinking mostly of the ideal of Freedom.  That was, ostensibly, the rallying cry the Greeks raised when Persia invaded.

Homosexuality was certainly seen in a different light than it is today, but you also have to take into account Greece's vast history, even in ancient times.  It was seen in a variety of ways by different writers over the classical period.

Finaly, I'm married, you yutz!  :cool:

Bah! That never stopped the Greeks from getting their bum fun! ;)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

You silly folks.  Well, I'm thinking mostly of the ideal of Freedom.  That was, ostensibly, the rallying cry the Greeks raised when Persia invaded.

Homosexuality was certainly seen in a different light than it is today, but you also have to take into account Greece's vast history, even in ancient times.  It was seen in a variety of ways by different writers over the classical period.

Bah! That never stopped the Greeks from getting their bum fun! ;)

He's got a point Eldar. What is with you and not touching young men? Or do you just hate gays?

Bah! That never stopped the Greeks from getting their bum fun! :wub:

He's got a point Eldar. What is with you and not touching young men? Or do you just hate gays?

... Or freedom in general? :ph34r:

DENMARK!

... Or freedom in general? :ph34r:

That's what they hate us for.

The freedom to touch young men? Awww silly terrorists... had you only asked first. :wub:

DENMARK!

I don't hate homosexuals in any way. I just LOVE women.

Ahem, on topic, I've been letting kumquat do my fighting for me, which isn't cool. Mostly, I just figured that he had a good idea of what I was trying to express.

Now, however, I will put something straight:

if I'm an arrogant clod because I love my country, then I'll gladly wear that label. The United States is exceptional. It raised the banner of freedom, and it pleases me that other nations developed democracies all over the world. We're not perfect, but we've done more good than evil in the world.

I think Commissar had it right when he used the analogy of the two American office workers. Some folks beat their chests and brag to the world and lay claim to all things good. I'm not one of them. There are many instances where we have failed. No people are perfect, and Americans aren't any different. Nevertheless, when faced with recalcitrant hostility to my country, I will speak on its behalf. I won

Obsidian Plays

Can we get off the gay/lesbian questions? ...And I don't know the answer to that at any rate, draakh. :D

Obsidian Plays