Revan & the Exile's gender/alignment

They should just make both Revan and the Exile morally ambiguous hemaphrodites.

You know, for the sake of canon :)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

its not canon to me till i see an entry in the SW.com databank or LA.com make an anouncement on the site lol.

really DSF Revan and LSM Exile would be a better option, LSM Exile has more love interests. Also the DSF and Carth situation would be a great part in any games or comics, does Mr Republic do his duty or follow his heart? when a LSM Exile has his glowrod in DSF Revan's face :D

its not canon to me till i see an entry in the SW.com databank or LA.com make an anouncement on the site lol.

really DSF Revan and LSM Exile would be a better option, LSM Exile has more love interests. Also the DSF and Carth situation would be a great part in any games or comics, does Mr Republic do his duty or follow his heart? when a LSM Exile has his glowrod in DSF Revan's face :D

then go there and check. :rolleyes: and mr republic dies at the hands of dsf revan if you follow through with the romance so it wouldn't matter anyways. :D

I prefer LSM Revan and LSF Exile due to story line, hey, I need storyline to mindless action. XD :rolleyes:that and some of the girls swoonin over, that and seeing an LSF Exile in the dancer suit thing

I think it would help if the SWDB had an entry for Revan along with everything in KOTOR II

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think it's more about a backup plan if they ever need to assume Revan's or Exile's identity (so don't get worked up over "official"). The whole point of KotOR is so that you can choose who you want your character to be. Jedi Knight series has always assumed LS wins.

It was like "yawn. Seen that already."

Yeh, but could you do?

BTW, imagine all the possibilites of having a female Exile and male Revan meet

Nooo! lol, Bastila always!!! :rolleyes:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

One thing to remember is not to take canon too seriously. LFL needs it to maintain some semblance of order (although one can argue that still doesn't exist), but it doesn't mean the player has to ignore their vision of what the characters in the KOTOR series are.

For instance, many people believe "Star Wars" ended after RotJ, even though continuity says otherwise. That's fine for them. Continuity and canon are just there for those of us who are anal about how concrete the Star Wars universe timeline is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hate it when people say "its canon" when they have no proof to back it up. Some idiot probably just made it up while fighting someone on who Revan was and it caught on. But the truth is, there is no proof that its canon.

*Sigh*

Alright, since people want "proof" that this is in fact canon and not just GoA's mad rambling mind wanting to believe something, here's your proof. I know people need proof and not just someone's word, but I figured a simple discussion about it wouldn't hurt but since some people need proof before they're willing to give their opinion on the matter, here it is.

This first link is the thread in which I asked the question of "what is Revan's official alignment and gender". Tasty Taste (Leland Chee, the guy who is in charge of what is canon and what is not) comments also on how he is pushing for a female Exile.

This second link is the Continuity - Alternate Endings/Customizable Characters thread.

This third link is the thread where Tasty Taste makes his official comment about Revan being male.

And finally, here is the entry in the official Star Wars databank for the Star Forge.

I hope that the word of Leland Chee (the Star Wars continuity and canon guy) is enough to satisfy everyone who didn't take my post at face value.

Thank you. But I'll consider LSM as much as I consider Hayden as Anakin. It didn't happen. Hayden is not the ghost of Anakin Skywalker just like Revan is not a male.

Yeah, it's hard to accept that there is a canonical ending. I really don't care wether it's dark, light, male or female. All stories are alright, both for Revan or the Exile.

(Off-Topic)And speaking of the original trilogy: For me, Star Wars ended with The Return Of The Jedi.

I really hated the way Georgy made The Phantom Menace, The Attack Of The Clones and The Revenge of The Sith. Lucas seriously overused the special effects. Where's that puppet Yoda? Where are those simple starship figures?

Thank you. But I'll consider LSM as much as I consider Hayden as Anakin. It didn't happen. Hayden is not the ghost of Anakin Skywalker just like Revan is not a male.

And that's well within your rights as a gamer to view the characters however you want to best fit what you see as KOTOR. But you originally wanted proof of Revan's "official" gender, and LFL decided he's male.

Which goes back to my post a couple above yours. The game allowed you to choose Revan's (and the Exile's) gender, so it's the players prerogative to see that gender as the true one. And that's fine, as long as you understand that as soon as the word "canon" or "official" are thrown around in a discussion, what you want might not be how it actually is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The game allowed you to choose Revan's (and the Exile's) gender, so it's the players prerogative to see that gender as the true one.  And that's fine, as long as you understand that as soon as the word "canon" or "official" are thrown around in a discussion, what you want might not be how it actually is.

GOA for teh win... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Is it fact that whatever your gender is you will most likely choose that gender in a role-playing game.

Could well be (most likely, that is - there are probably lots of exceptions). I always play my own sex on the first playthrough of a new RPG, and the opposite sex the second. You could do a poll about it if you like. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thanks for the clarification GoA.

I don't have that much of an attachment to my Exile Character compared to my Revan Character.

I'll just play K2 as female once the restoration project is completed and regard that as my 'official game'.

What Laozi says makes sense. Women to seem to have a penchant for nagging intentional or not. I like that thought of nagging a Sith Lord to Death.

So you agree with darthbass? :huh:" :ph34r:

Most people play or choose the same gender for their character as themselves, at least the first time around. I have actually yet to play as a female PC for either KOTOR, unfortunately. Story-wise, having Revan as a female doesn't appeal that much to me, but for some reason, in K2 I really don't care about exile's gender. Some people like to play as their own gender, some people as the opposite gender, and others just simply don't care. Many times, it just boils down to personal preference.

I think the results of the question will be skewed by the audience: young, pre-/just-post-puberty boys are hardly likely to play a grrl with grrls' germs.

I like to play with females. I use strong female roles from RL as my inspiration (which most teenage boys don't have access to, except for their mother, and I don't want to open that can of worms ... ).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT