Revan & the Exile's gender/alignment

It appears that the canonical Revan is seen as a light side male. And while the Exile doesn't appear to have a decided upon gender/alignment yet, it seems we'll likely see a female Exile.

Does this conflict with your view of what you saw each character as? Does it "bother" you if it contradicts what you believe either to be?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not all that attached to either character, and there for I am pretty neutral towards there gender/alignment. But I can not ignore certain things that seem to really indicate that Revan was male, and the Exile was female, as I have stated before.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm not all that attached to either character, and there for I am pretty neutral towards there gender/alignment. But I can not ignore certain things that seem to really indicate that Revan was male, and the Exile was female, as I have stated before.

What made you think Exile was female?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well at the end of the game when facing Sion, or whatever, you basically nag him into wanting to die. I've seen kids who have this power, but no one over the age of 14 who wasn't a woman, the evidence speaks for itself. Plus after playing through as both, the female story just seemed a little better done.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

In the wikipedia it confrims light side is the canonical ending but they can't confirm on which gender is canonical.

They have on the official forum. Revan's canon gender and alignment is LS male. As far as Exile, they're pushing for female, and presumeably LS as well.

What people think never bothers me per se, but I only see Revan as male. Canon aside I prefer the DS ending at the K1 point in time. I think of Revan as having more of his own motivations than a set alignment after the beginning, but that wasn't the question ;)

Exile is LS female to me. Not to sound sexist, but her actions are often emotionally based.

I thought Revan was a male, but picking his alignment is kind of hard. As for the Exile, I see her belonging to the LS. But I could do without the Disciple.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I thought the the Exile had already been established as LS male by canon. Guess I was wrong...

Still, odd that the art clearly shows the same male Exile for both LS and DS if the Exile is female...

I think that most people realize that "the guy" on the "art" was not the exile, anymore then the mullet guy is Revan just because he was shown the most in the K1 trailer

To me both are LS/Male, it makes alot of sense. LS Male Revan has a better story then LS Female Revan, mostly because of the better romance.

Same with LS Male Exile, he has a better choice then Female Exile's choice. It's not really a romance it's just subtle romance.

I'm definitely for Male Revan, and leaning towards Male Exile, although I agree that the consideration of Atris isn't as big as the pre-game art shouts since her whole story was a fizzer - granted her end part was cut so she wasn't given the chance.

(and LS for both)

Male Revan because the Bastila romance :wub: was done better and was also more relevant since it was based on the Jedi/love thing of Episode 2 which was prevelant then.

I'm playing Female Exile now so I haven't played enough yet, but having all that Male Exile art around seems to indicate more emphasis on that, although considering how Atris and Nihilus got the same treatment, can't really say it's a big deal. (and incase you can't tell I'm a male :sorcerer: ).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Revan = male (it's been established already)

Exile = female

Numerous reasons for this

Every other "savior of the Jedi" (or Jedi with some special impact) has been male

The male characters have an easier time following her because she's hot (It even helps break Sion at the end)

The female Exile is more developed (I think), especially at Peragus, where it's obvious Atton is "interested" in her. (Male Exile Atton's just... there)

BTW, imagine all the possibilites of having a female Exile and male Revan meet

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Actually, I think Atris is a good argument for the Exile being male, since the male story, she was attracted to him and became bitter when he left the order and therefore her (Hell hath no fury...), whereas if the Exile is female, she just mutters something about everybody having their heroes, which seems really peculiar to me given that Atris was herself on the Council while the Exile was still only a padawan and not even a particularly strong jedi, judging from Vandar's "average student of the force" comment to Vrook.

Yeah? I still thought it was leagues ahead of the Anakin/Padme romance in Episode II. I felt that's where the movie fell apart. Especially since Anakin was such a whiner.

"I don't like sand." :thumbsup:" Worst. Line. Ever.

And I thought of the two, the male Revan/Bastila romance was more powerful.

Although if you happen to browse FanFiction.net, there does seem to be a decent amount of female Revan/Bastila romances