Where is home/school?

Cantousent

Well you're no fun. You Amerikans can't pronounce English correctly. You should call it "American", except pretty soon the indigenous language of the US will be the same as Southern America, namely Spanish (and some Portuguese).

Guess what, there's the same problem with Spanish. Spanish is Castilian about as much as American is English... :huh:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And if you think the French have a screwed up pronunciation, check out the wierd inconsistencies in English. Madness.

Then again, at least it's not a tonal language, like Chinese. There's no real danger of calling someone a dog's poo when you ask them for a newspaper ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How is hot and dry Phoenix comparing to Orlando? I lived in Kissimme, FL for a while, hated the mosquitos. :- They enjoyed kissing me way too much.

Kissimmee? Cool.. My home is in Casselberry actually which is right outside of Orlando but nobody's ever heard of Casselberry so it is easier to say Orlando. :-

So far I would say that the heat in Orlando and Phoenix are pretty comparable. Temps run higher in Phoenix (it can get over 115 degrees in the summertime) but the lack of humidity makes the heat survivable.

Although Orlando doesn't quite get to 115, the humidity makes it feel about 15-20 degrees hotter than it actually is. It actually felt even hotter in Orlando the last few weeks before I left then it has been here. Although Orlando does get real hot, the frequent rainshowers subdues the heat at least temporarily. In Phoenix, though, it hardly ever rains so there is less respite from it overall.

If you don't like humidity I think you would find Phoenix's climate more tolerable in general. And since Phoenix is not a swamp (like Florida is) there isn't that mosquito problem... There's just scorpions and snakes instead. :-

image002.gifLancer

Hot, hazy and humid pretty much describes summers in my hometown 80% of the time.  That, and the fact that we get clouds so freakin often.  I was in Orlando last year, and even that didn't seem that bad compared to our summers.  Of the four seasons we get here, summer is probably my least favorite.  As for what my hometown is, just look at my info.  :-

I know what you mean. People don't realize this but Northeast summers are extremely hot. It's cold in the wintertime but also very hot in the summertime. After having lived 12 years in NYC and having suffered though those awful summer heat waves, I think that Orlando and Phoenix are pretty nice in comparison.

The only thing comparable would be the Carribbean.

image002.gifLancer

Hot, hazy and humid pretty much describes summers in my hometown 80% of the time.  That, and the fact that we get clouds so freakin often.  I was in Orlando last year, and even that didn't seem that bad compared to our summers.  Of the four seasons we get here, summer is probably my least favorite.  As for what my hometown is, just look at my info.  :-

I know what you mean. People don't realize this but Northeast summers are extremely hot. It's cold in the wintertime but also very hot in the summertime. After having lived 12 years in NYC and having suffered though those awful summer heat waves, I think that Orlando and Phoenix are pretty nice in comparison.

The only thing comparable would be the Carribbean.

Except the Carribean has crytal blue water and unspoilt white sand beaches ...

And if you think the French have a screwed up pronunciation, check out the weird inconsistencies in English. Madness.

Spellmar says "weird".

Thankyou. Too long at the keyboard, again.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

NZ is a nice place.

Pity about all the Kiwis living there.

quiet you :p

Anyhoo,  people should move to New Zealand.  :) 'Tis a nice country.

tis a nice country indeed :)

apart from the fact that we are outnumbered by sheep 10 to 1 :ermm:

and despite what people may think, we do NOT export hobbits! :ph34r:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

and despite what people may think, we do NOT export hobbits!  :ph34r:

Curses! :'(

Now what do I do with the 10 bucks I saved?

buy a sheep?

:lol::lol: Wow, you sure are ready to get rid of those sheep there :ph34r:

I agree, i think NZ sounds like a good place to live. I have actually been considering it but i feel there may be complications, especially since its on the other side of the world.

Edited by petay12

well as long as you're not asian or muslim (one of our insane politicians seems to assume that if you're asian or muslim, you're automatically a terrorist) :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

You live in a swamp too? :)

Yes.. I am Shrek the ogre.

no but this area is known for leaving standing water around for Mosquitos to breed in, And we've been having trouble trying to kill em all so we don't have any MORE cases of west nile.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I agree, i think NZ sounds like a good place to live. I have actually been considering it but i feel there may be complications, especially since its on the other side of the world.

It is a cool place to live and speaking from experience, it is also possible to go live there even when you are currently on the other side of the world :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It is a cool place to live and speaking from experience, it is also possible to go live there even when you are currently on the other side of the world :)

Actaully, word on the street is the NZ wants to crack down on foreign land owners. Apparently alot of people buy land just to go to on vacation, a la Montana.

Actaully, word on the street is the NZ wants to crack down on foreign land owners. Apparently alot of people buy land just to go to on vacation, a la Montana.

Possible. But then, I don't really care about local politics, I just live here (at the time being). I know the local P.M. is a woman who looks like a man and I can't remember her name, not much more than that. There was something about an american country singer, Shania Something who wants to buy a holiday resort and Ozzy Ozbourne apparantly wants to use the place to remove himself from public view for a while.

It is however election time now, so I wouldn't be surprised if all kind of rhetoric (sp?) gets spouted the next month or so :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein